Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I checked the manual and searched for prior threads. I’ve looked through the infotainment screens and the FordPass app. Can’t find the TPMS display. Does the XL have it? Does the idiot light also signal over pressure? I’m wondering if the dealership checked/set the pressures correctly.
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldn't find it in the truck menu. It's under Vehicle - Status - Tire Pressure Monitoring in FordPass.

OP
OP
Hoagus

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I have under Vehicle are Features & Settings and Driving Data.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TPMS is standard per federal law, like the backup camera.

When you’re looking at one of your trip computers (Trip 1 or Trip 2), use the up/down scroll buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. Look for the slide with a graphic of a Maverick. Hit the Menu button on the wheel, scroll to Tire Pressure, press OK. Should display the pressure readings. Lariat/FX4 instrument cluster steps may vary.

You can always check the FordPass app as well if you have it setup.

OP
OP
Hoagus

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks.

I have the FordPass app, but didn’t find it in there.

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a hard time believing you even checked it’s easy to find on cluster and app.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks.

I have the FordPass app, but didn’t find it in there.
It would be under the Vehicle tab at the bottom, then under Status (above Features & Settings). Make sure that it lists your Maverick at the top of the screen, not any other Ford vehicles that might be on your account.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TPMS is standard per federal law, like the backup camera.

When you’re looking at one of your trip computers (Trip 1 or Trip 2), use the up/down scroll buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. Look for the slide with a graphic of a Maverick. Hit the Menu button on the wheel, scroll to Tire Pressure, press OK. Should display the pressure readings. Lariat/FX4 instrument cluster steps may vary.

You can always check the FordPass app as well if you have it setup.
On my 2012 Colorado, a little bell sound goes off and the words Tire Pressure blink everytime I start the truck until I fix it six or seven weeks later. The Maverick doesn’t have that ?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my 2012 Colorado, a little bell sound goes off and the words Tire Pressure blink everytime I start the truck until I fix it six or seven weeks later. The Maverick doesn’t have that ?
Of course it'll alert you if the pressures are outside the acceptable range, something like 20-25% below the pressure on the sticker, should be a chime and on-screen popup as well as a flat tire icon lit up.

OP asked if it will alert for over-pressure, which I see no indication of. Also, countless instances of Mavericks and other vehicles significantly delivered over-inflated without warning, as well as the manual's TPMS section only calling out under-inflated tires, would indicate that TPMS only alerts for under-inflated tires.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also, countless instances of Mavericks and other vehicles significantly delivered over-inflated without warning, as well as the manual's TPMS section only calling out under-inflated tires, would indicate that TPMS only alerts for under-inflated tires.
On a RAV4 forum I'm on, they say the same about Toyotas. Some have had 50 or more psi on new cars. Apparently "kicking the tires" isn't something that just perspective buyers do. Apparently the high school kid that does the "professional" set up on new cars works at multiple dealerships
:)
The thought is that it might keep the vehicles from bounding too much on a transporter. Don't know if that theory is correct or not.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI:
Had a self-inflicted flat tire on my XLT. Hit a curb and caused a puncture to the side wall. After the hit I looked at the tire and could see tire was way low....Driving home got a phone call alerting me the tire on right front tire was low....display on dash went from 35 to 20, then 10, and progressively to 3 ppi.

At home got out my regular jack, located the lift points (about 6"s behind the front mud-flap, put emergency brake switch on and was surprised while jacking the Maverick up it started moving 1 then 2 inches sideways. Looked at the rear tire and it was also coming off the ground. With both tires off the ground, and ground not perfectly flat I can see why the Maverick moved sideways. So, lowered the Mav., retrieved a tire block to secure the rear tire from moving by wedging the block under the rear of the rear tire. When the body moving sideways it would be easy to wipe out a mud-flap or damage body work, if the jack slips off the jacking point, directly behind mud-flap. My OEM rubber mud flap bent in half but eventually bounced back to straight.

I will: Put a can of Fix-a-Flat and small air compressor in the truck bed cubby hole/or under the back seat. I can not imagine retrieving the spare tire from underneath the bed with the crank, especially in the rain or on the side of the road on an unlevel right-of-way.

Fix-a-Flat and adding some air is defiantly not a permanent flat tire fix...simply a way to limp home or to a tire store. FYI, at 10-12 ppi air pressure you are running on the wheel rim and at any significant speed you're looking at destroying a wheel rim and potentially a repairable tire.

Have had a very good floor jack over at least 10 cars & SUV’s. But the Maverick is too tall for my jack so I had to stack four 2x6’s underneath the jack to raise the tire high enough to pull if from the studs.
Sponsored

Last edited: