Sponsored

Does the console top slide forward? If seated close to steering wheel, console usable for arm rest?

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like to sit close to the steering wheel. I also like to have an arm rest. Does the console top slide forward, or if seated close to the wheel and it doesn't, can your elbow still touch the console top?
Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
I guess this really depends on how long your arms are and how close to the steering wheel you are? The top does not slide forward.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
never heard of any vehicle with sliding console top for this purpose. maybe you can design 1?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
never heard of any vehicle with sliding console top for this purpose. maybe you can design 1?
Actually lots of vehicles have these -Pretty cool

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 2015 and 2021 Kia Sedonas have sliding armrests. It's a great and useful feature.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My BMW’s have sliding consoles.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My prius console slides forward for arm-rest or backwards if you want an extra cupholder

Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I've really gotten used to the comfy right arm rest while driving my wife's Honda Pilot. Gonna be interesting to see how this console top feels. Wish an arm rest could be an add-on.

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I like to sit close to the steering wheel. I also like to have an arm rest. Does the console top slide forward, or if seated close to the wheel and it doesn't, can your elbow still touch the console top?
Though it may seem like a small detail, without a gear shifter handle to rest your hand on the armrest becomes even more important (Ford should have made it a slider, period). A non sliding armrest that just catches your elbow may not be comfortable at all.

I drive with armrest fully extended and rest my hand on gear shifter. There is no doubt for me the lack of shifter is going to feel odd in this truck with my arm bent more at my side rather than extended.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Though it may seem like a small detail, without a gear shifter handle to rest your hand on the armrest becomes even more important (Ford should have made it a slider, period). A non sliding armrest that just catches your elbow may not be comfortable at all.

I drive with armrest fully extended and rest my hand on gear shifter. There is no doubt for me the lack of shifter is going to feel odd in this truck with my arm bent more at my side rather than extended.
I was taught to drive keeping both hands on the wheel, at 10 & 2 O'clock positions for maximum control and safety. Anybody do that anymore?

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wife's Hemi Charger and subsequent Hemi Challenger both had them. I know because every time I'd drive her car I had to slide the seat back before I got in, start the car, adjust the mirrors, recline the seat and slide the armrest back, LOL.

And every time I did I'd hear about it the next time she drove her car... 😂😂😂

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I was taught to drive keeping both hands on the wheel, at 10 & 2 O'clock positions for maximum control and safety. Anybody do that anymore?
I knew somebody would call me on it. Depends where I'm driving, and is definitely my preferred position when I'm sitting in traffic (which is quite often). Well when you drive manual in town for so long, you tend to have a hand on the shifter all the time. Its just second nature to me.
Sponsored