First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Dave Ramsey fan in me is wondering if I really need the added luxury package. Anyone else in the fence for cost alone?
Sponsored

Quizzworth

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Definitely. I already had to go XLT for the cruise control, and personally the only benefit for the Lux was going to be back seat cup holders and armrest. Which I'll never be using haha

So not worth it for me

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Worth it for me because I really like a heated steering wheel and seats, but also because the spray in liner and hitch would be added anyway. I get a few bonus items that I may never use but can live with. Really wanted the proximity key entry and push button start, and also like the Active X seats, but would have to get the Lariat Lux package and that pushes into the mid $30s. Not going there, so XLT Lux w FX4 gives me a lot for $4000 less.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

icarusflu

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
A lot of that answer depends on where you live. If I lived in a warmer climate I would probably have passed it over but since I get enough of a real winter (A few months of a.m. temps below freezing) I really can use the heated seats, steering wheel, mirrors and windshield wiper defroster.

Sponsored

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
Yes, I'm never getting a car without automatic climate control ever again. I will get whatever package it takes just for that.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dave Ramsey syndrom will save you money, but steal enjoyment, and then you're dead, watched it happen to a friend. Tight ass died and his son-in-law ended up with tall that money he saved. Live life!!!! I almost died in my 20's, so I don't let enything keep me from doing or buying things I can afford.

TolWalleye#1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy Silverado
Personal choice! If you want it get it! Some other features in the package we like and others not so much. Take it if that's what you want and can live with other options go for it. We went with first edition wanted moon roof an 18 inch black wheels along with tonneau cover. I'll live with it. Priced it out with first edition and only saved a couple $100 buck is why we did it.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think if anything, Lux package 1st before 360.

You get the spray in, full size spare tire, tow hitch, two outlets with usb. Plus the bed tie that I couldn't option on XL. I could careless about the heated features but it's nice that it's included as well.

I priced my XL well within XLT territory with those separate add ons. I figure, the added wheels makes it more enticing to go up a trim. my neighbor has an old school Ford Ranger with steelies and it's covered with rust. Since, I'm keeping the truck at least 10 years, might as well get comfy.

Last edited: