sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I intenionaly wanted to add paddle shifter to the truck , and saw that it had the heated stuff on the steering wheel so i just added the heated cables and wiring and thats it
Oh, the ecoboost can support paddle shifters? Is that something that's offered in the higher trims? On my other hybrid vehicle (not a Maverick) the paddle shifters can be used to increase Regen, engine brake or get ready to accelerate hard. On my hybrid Mav I don't think there would be support for that as there isn't even a "gear" displayed.
Sponsored

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh, the ecoboost can support paddle shifters? Is that something that's offered in the higher trims? On my other hybrid vehicle (not a Maverick) the paddle shifters can be used to increase Regen, engine brake or get ready to accelerate hard. On my hybrid Mav I don't think there would be support for that as there isn't even a "gear" displayed.
on the lincon corsair comes with the paddle shifters so i hope it works that was originaly my plan to add paddle shifter function im in the process of adding the wires to the steering control module to the pcm for this.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

on the lincon corsair comes with the paddle shifters so i hope it works that was originaly my plan to add paddle shifter function im in the process of adding the wires to the steering control module to the pcm for this.
Bronco Sport Badlands and Escape Titanium also come with paddle shifters

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bronco Sport Badlands and Escape Titanium also come with paddle shifters
2020 Escape Ti 2.0L EB and 8F35 (same engine, transmission as Maverick EB) had paddle shifters. It was dropped for 2021. Bronco Sport Badlands still has it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Guys i need to update part number of the terminal that goes on the foot well will update soon.

this its the right terminal part number DU2Z-14474-DA

Ford Maverick DIY: How to Add Heated Steering Wheel to an XL Maverick 1700694476161

Last edited:

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
An XLT non-lux would also require the full gamut of wiring you've done as with the XL, yes? Pretty straightforward thanks for the connector update!

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

An XLT non-lux would also require the full gamut of wiring you've done as with the XL, yes? Pretty straightforward thanks for the connector update!
I would say yes but im not really sure because i dont own a XLT non lux. But as long you remove the cover of the steering control module you find the conector on the back it should have the option of just getting the steering wheel with the heater on it and plugged to the clockspring if it has the terminal should be as simple as enabling with forscan

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So on your st steering wheel, do you have the Sport button and the mode changing working from that wheel ? I like having it there instead of the bottom near the shifter, and what does the *S* button do, go straight to sport or is that for overboost feature?

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So on your st steering wheel, do you have the Sport button and the mode changing working from that wheel ? I like having it there instead of the bottom near the shifter, and what does the *S* button do, go straight to sport or is that for overboost feature?
Im using the switches but the modes and s are not working havent gotten time to figure it out yet. Definitely will be working on it soon.

Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once again awesome write up!!
Whats the part number of that climate control module in the dash that has the heated wheel button?

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once again awesome write up!!
Whats the part number of that climate control module in the dash that has the heated wheel button?
The one i installed on my maverick i dont remember the part number but i will check when i get to work. But if you dont have dual climate control im checking the part number for that one . To send it to you.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In your previous pics I see a black plug with one red and one black/grey wire coming from the column control. Where does go to?