TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used their spray can version for little brackets and things and it's really tough. I don't know how it would stand up to heavy bed use though.

OP
OP

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“Heavy bed use” being the operative term. Since it’s not a heavy duty truck, I’m thinking about it

OP
OP

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have a air compressor get Raptor liner .. I did the entire outside of my jeep and you can get it tintable
Nice! That looks like better product.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a DIY roll-on for a brand new truck. You're putting in a lot of work for a product that won't be as durable as something professionally-applied. But if you're a light-duty user with more time than money, I'd say go for it.

I used Herculiner on my second F-150 since it was a well-used truck and anything would look better than a scratched up bed. It worked well for what it was but I wouldn't expect Line-X equivalent performance or protection.

I think I spent close to $200 on materials plus a weekend of labor. I had power tools as well; couldn't imagine sanding an entire truck bed by hand. Like any paint job, the key is in the prep work, which took a long time. The product also doesn't set up as fast as they claim. I waited a solid 20 hours between coats and it was still tacky.

A Line-X at the time would've cost about $500 and I could've picked up the truck the same day I dropped it off. Spray-ons like Line-X are applied at a high temperature to get the coating to both adhere well and apply evenly.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'm thinking about getting a Bedrug as I don't really have a heavy duty use for the truck.

You could go to Tractor Store or Rural King and pick up a horse stall mat. I had one for the bed of my old Dodge Dakota truck. I picked up another one to put under my grill when I BBQ. They are virtually indestructible.

Not sure what size the bed is but here are 2 of them. Had the big one for the truck and the smaller one for the BBQ.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/utility-rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-3-ft-x--frac12-in

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The U-pol Raptor SPRAYED in had the best diy results that I've seen.

Sponsored

PostaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Terrain
This is my nieces tj I did in the Artic Blue in Raptor Liner.
Mine is the charcoal gray JK behind it

Last edited:
OP
OP

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both are finished in the liner? How long ago do you apply them?
Wait, I zoomed in on the pic, I see the gray now, I wonder how that gray would look in the bed of my carbonized gray.

macbrun

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I DIY'd a roll-on bedliner in a '91 Isuzu pickup I once owned (now THAT was a compact truck!) Word to the wise: Prep the bed per the instructions, then prep it again. For the money the liner did it's job. I wasn't going to pay to have one sprayed-in (after all, I only paid $4000 for the truck - NEW.) In another thread I mentioned I got a Line-X liner sprayed for $500 in a 6.5 foot Nissan Titan bed. Even allowing for the increase in petroleum prices, I'd still have the bedliner done professionally for my Mav.

PostaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Terrain
Both are finished in the liner? How long ago do you apply them?
Wait, I zoomed in on the pic, I see the gray now, I wonder how that gray would look in the bed of my carbonized gray.
yes both are total Raptor lined...that was about 1 year ago. when i did mine it was a total of 30 hours tear down to reassemble... the actual time to spray was about 3hrs allowing time to cure a bit between coats. It took forever to pep.. had to sand down all the shine of the clear coat.

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have a air compressor get Raptor liner .. I did the entire outside of my jeep and you can get it tintable my nieces TJ in Artic Blue

Resized_20190505_131645.jpg
That's brave!
Sponsored