First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the OEM sprayed in bed liner, but I have given thought to adding a bed liner that has some padding protection to it. Harbor Freight has what they label 'Anti-fatigue' floor mats that would work well. They come 4 to a package and look like giant jigsaw puzzle pieces. I thought I could piece them together and then cut out to the same pattern as the Maverick bed. But, where does one get that template? I've seen a thin rubber bed liner on the Ford Accessories web, so I'm thinking of ordering it to use as a template. I'm hoping for any additional suggestions from this thread. I'll probably go ahead with my original idea and then post how it goes.

Ford Maverick DIY Padded Bed Liner Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.37.05 AM

Update: The Harbor Freight mats are $9.99. Happened to be getting something at the Dollar Store and found same item for .... *drum roll, please* $0.99! Too late for me, but that's a heck of a savings for everyone else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make your own template from a large piece of cardboard.

Slavko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Start assembling then in the bed, then start cutting off the excess pieces of the mat for a perfect fit.

Reactions: Dad

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the OEM sprayed in bed liner, but I have given thought to adding a bed liner that has some padding protection to it. Harbor Freight has what they label 'Anti-fatigue' floor mats that would work well. They come 4 to a package and look like giant jigsaw puzzle pieces. I thought I could piece them together and then cut out to the same pattern as the Maverick bed. But, where does one get that template? I've seen a thin rubber bed liner on the Ford Accessories web, so I'm thinking of ordering it to use as a template. I'm hoping for any additional suggestions from this thread. I'll probably go ahead with my original idea and then post how it goes.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.37.05 AM.png
I've been looking at that option, too. Not sure about Harbor Freight pricing but Amazon has similar - ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat ½”, EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles Protective Flooring for Gym Equipment and Cushion for Workouts

24 Sq Ft will cover the whole bed. Just needs trimming.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make your own template from a large piece of cardboard.
Great idea. Lord knows I've tossed many a cardboard carton big enough to fit.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine