First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid, 2011 Ford Ranger Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2024 Lariat hybrid with dual zone ac controls and I wanted to swap in an ac control head with the digital readouts on the two knobs. I found one from a 2021 hybrid Escape with the same features as mine (heated seats and steering wheel) and installed it. Problem us, blowr fan, heated seats and heated steering wheel didn't work...?? I double-checked the donor vehicle's VIN to ensure it was a hybrid and it was. Did I get a faulty part or is there programing needed here? I'm lost...
Ford Maverick Digital Temp Readout Control Panel Swap 20240325_172104
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a 2024 Lariat hybrid with dual zone ac controls and I wanted to swap in an ac control head with the digital readouts on the two knobs. I found one from a 2021 hybrid Escape with the same features as mine (heated seats and steering wheel) and installed it. Problem us, blowr fan, heated seats and heated steering wheel didn't work...?? I double-checked the donor vehicle's VIN to ensure it was a hybrid and it was. Did I get a faulty part or is there programing needed here? I'm lost...
20240325_172104.jpg
I can't speak for the Hybrid but I did the swap from a '21 Escape EB to my '24 Tremor and had almost the same results, the blower fan worked but heated seats and steering wheel along with the heated mirrors didn't work. I have forscan so I copied my as built from the original controls and wrote it to the Escape controls and it works perfectly.
Do a search and you will find several threads about the digital HVAC swap.

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I read if you put a hybrid in a hybrid. You don’t need to program. As stated above lots on posts on here

OP
OP
VinnyH

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't speak for the Hybrid but I did the swap from a '21 Escape EB to my '24 Tremor and had almost the same results, the blower fan worked but heated seats and steering wheel along with the heated mirrors didn't work. I have forscan so I copied my as built from the original controls and wrote it to the Escape controls and it works perfectly.
Do a search and you will find several threads about the digital HVAC swap.
Ive searched a lot- I swapped to a digital temp display controller on my previous XLT EB and it worked flawlessly. I guess I hoped (since I don't have Forscan) that the swap on my Lariat hybrid would also be painless as long as I sourced a hybrid controller.

Maybe having the extra features like heated seats/mirrors/steering wheel makes programing mandatory- even though both donor and swap vehicles have the same features.

OP
OP
VinnyH

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I read if you put a hybrid in a hybrid. You don’t need to program. As stated above lots on posts on here
This is the same conclusion that my research led me to, and why I sourced a hybrid Escape controller with the same features as my Lariat. I was surprised when it didn't work 😓

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From reading dozens of postings both here and in the other "Maverick" forum, installing items that didn't originally come with a truck is hit and miss for a true "plug and play" result. Some install things and it works right away. Others have to "tweak" or "splice" something. And the worse case I have seen is the deep dive into Forscan and rewriting things. Even some (not all) of those with the plug and play Diode front fog lights had to tweak something to get it down. From your description, you might have to get into Forscan.

OP
OP
VinnyH

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was
From reading dozens of postings both here and in the other "Maverick" forum, installing items that didn't originally come with a truck is hit and miss for a true "plug and play" result. Some install things and it works right away. Others have to "tweak" or "splice" something. And the worse case I have seen is the deep dive into Forscan and rewriting things. Even some (not all) of those with the plug and play Diode front fog lights had to tweak something to get it down. From your description, you might have to get into Forscan.
I was afraid you'd say that. I appreciate the help!

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the same conclusion that my research led me to, and why I sourced a hybrid Escape controller with the same features as my Lariat. I was surprised when it didn't work 😓
I can only tell you my experience, it was a EB to EB but I still had to enable the heated seats, steering wheel and mirrors in Forscan. Perhaps it has something to do with the model of Escape it came from? No biggie and it works fine but of course you need Forscan.

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
VinnyH

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the help, fellas! I'll have to do what I've been avoiding, looks like.

Sponsored

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using Forscan, make sure your as-builts are the same for HVAC.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt

Go line through line If something is different use the one you get from the link above.
I swapped a 2022 Mav hybrid XL digital HVAC control into my 2023 XLT hybrid Mav. Everything seems to be working fine. I did try to download Forscan but for some reason it will not download on my laptop. Still researching that.
On another MTC thread I found a post listing these values for the HVAC control

733-01-02
733-02-02
733-02-03
733-02-04

Can anyone confirm that these are the correct values to adjust? I have the AsBuilt values for both control panels.

OP
OP
VinnyH

VinnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update- I got the Escape dual zone controller to work. I went to my local dealer and had the control panel repgramed- works perfectly now!
Sponsored