Sponsored

Different front grills on certain Mavericks?

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1950 Willys Truck
Anyone notice a difference in front grills in different shots of the Maverick?

Ford Maverick Different front grills on certain Mavericks? 1627435591118
Ford Maverick Different front grills on certain Mavericks? 1627435619886
Sponsored

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah each trim got different grills, makes no sense as they are trying to be budget-friendly and this just adds complexity but whatever 😂

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
XL gets a black bar across
XLT gets a grey bar across
Lariat gets a silver bar across
Lariat Lux and First Edition get a silver bar across with the radar sensor for adaptive cruise control in the bottom center of the mesh area

If you look really closely at the mesh area, the black mesh area on each trim appears to be different per trim too

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Think I will try blacking out my XLT grill. I have the FX4 with the unique rims, so there will be a lot of black on it. Might try to find a black FX4 logo to replace the color one, too.

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can probably swap the grilles if you wanted, assuming you don't have to deal with the ACC radar.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
You can probably swap the grilles if you wanted, assuming you don't have to deal with the ACC radar.
I've thought about that, but I think I'd rather just black it all out with plastidip and/or vinyl. Plus I prefer the XLT grill appearance.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The grill on the XL for me, makes the front end look wider and look meaner!

In contrast, the ones on XLT and Lariat makes the the look narrower. Makes the distance between headlights seems closer. I don't know. All this waiting makes us very critical of the Maverick!

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Yeah each trim got different grills, makes no sense as they are trying to be budget-friendly and this just adds complexity but whatever 😂
Sadly, a lot of people that spend more money on cars and trucks want to make sure everyone KNOWS they spent more money. Car companies love this and try their best to appeal to that vanity. The silver steel wheels on the XL are a great example. If they were painted black, it wouldn't look as cheap and you could likely offer it across all trim levels and only upgrade the wheels for the Lux packages.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Especially on that Cactus Gray! :)
Me too. I am switching my colors after seeing a mock up with black soft topper cab

The XL trim is impressing me more and more. Ford is doing a good balance of keeping it looking good but not flashy and scream. “Look at me!” Especially with the money ill keep in my pocket for customizing after market.

Plus a little plasti dip or any color paint job at the local body shop will customize the steelies for $50

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly, a lot of people that spend more money on cars and trucks want to make sure everyone KNOWS they spent more money. Car companies love this and try their best to appeal to that vanity. The silver steel wheels on the XL are a great example. If they were painted black, it wouldn't look as cheap and you could likely offer it across all trim levels and only upgrade the wheels for the Lux packages.
Funny how things change. Back in the 50s and 60s if you had black painted wheels you were considered too cheap to buy wheel covers or alloys.
Sponsored