First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 280zx, 03 nissan maxima, 05 350Z
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered an XLT hybrid without any type of bed liner. I was looking at the Ford Accessories site and noticed the plastic bed liners are no longer on there anymore. My question is, does anyone know the difference between the $180 bed tray liner and the $375 hard drop in liner when on the ford site and building a maverick. I emailed the salesman, but pretty sure he doesn't know the difference from the reply I got. I'm thinking about adding one of these to my order. Also curious if it's no longer on the ford accessories site due to shortages
Sponsored

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get an aftermarket spray in liner when you get the truck. Drop in liners will allow moisture to sit under it and cause the bed to rust overtime.

Line-X is one of the best and has a lifetime warranty

AndrewSKY117

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i ordered an XLT hybrid without any type of bed liner. I was looking at the Ford Accessories site and noticed the plastic bed liners are no longer on there anymore. My question is, does anyone know the difference between the $180 bed tray liner and the $375 hard drop in liner when on the ford site and building a maverick. I emailed the salesman, but pretty sure he doesn't know the difference from the reply I got. I'm thinking about adding one of these to my order. Also curious if it's no longer on the ford accessories site due to shortages
Along with what Flyjum said! I'm going with LineX when I get mine. They had to take the spray-in liner off my XLT Lux due to supply shortage of the chemicals to produce that. They said I could just opt for the drop-in, but then they discounted me the full cost of the liner so I will hopefully receive nothing and be able to do aftermarket. Especially since Ford only warranties the liner for the life of the vehicle 3 year 36k mile warranty versus LineX doing the lifetime warranty.

Some people have said that the plastic liner is much better than what they used to be, but without seeing the truck in person with one yet, I can't attest to that currently. I know my old trucks with plastic liners weren't great so I figured if I own a vehicle for a long time, it's worth the extra money for me to get a spray-in.

My dad's had his sprayed in for four years now and absolutely loves it and it still looks brand new and all shiny even though he didn't get the UV protected package on it.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bed liner could be a very thin Phelps/cheap plastic like material. Wile the hard drop in would be much tougher and thicker and better designed. Regardless, I strongly recommend a spray in bed liner from the after market like discussed. I would sooner buy nothing than one of these products.

liner $180 zoom in for details
Ford Maverick Difference in the bed liners? DE66D764-C8C2-4EA2-943A-C1B9787F0AE3

Hard drop in
Ford Maverick Difference in the bed liners? C92C45BD-7015-4F09-A11A-0AA29934758A

Ford accessories didn’t have either options available

Ford Maverick Difference in the bed liners? 6F78D928-32DA-4E71-B295-5B13A3EEECAA

jsjaybone

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
I'm looking forward to getting my Rhino spray done on the 10th. I'll post some before and after once i get it done. 469 out the door.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking forward to getting my Rhino spray done on the 10th. I'll post some before and after once i get it done. 469 out the door.
That's a good price. My Rhino place quoted me 600.

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a plastic drop in liner for seven years with no issues. I prefer them as materials and furniture slide in and out easily without damaging or scratching goods. I did not have the moisture issues others have described. I will be getting a dibl as soon as they are available.

OP
OP

brkr12002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 280zx, 03 nissan maxima, 05 350Z
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can only guess the price difference is probably the thickness/quality of the plastic between the liner and hard drop in

jsjaybone

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
Just got the Rhino done today. With tax 494. I'm gonna let it cure a few days before I put my soft cover on.

Ford Maverick Difference in the bed liners? image_50423041.JPG

Ford Maverick Difference in the bed liners? image_50386433.JPG

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to do the Spray in bedliner from LineX actually considering a white tint to match my truck but may always look dirty that way. What I really want to know is how Ford is able to have a stamped Ford logo with their spray in bed liner. Are the beds different when ordered this way?
Sponsored