First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From this morning's meet at Ford's Garage in Plano!

1000004999.jpg

1000005001.jpg
1000005002.jpg
1000004998.jpg
Just looked at Ford Garage locations and there are not that many. Were there any benefits having the meetup there vs. somewhere else? You’ve got me thinking about organizing one🤔
Sponsored

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just looked at Ford Garage locations and there are not that many. Were there any benefits having the meetup there vs. somewhere else? You’ve got me thinking about organizing one🤔
When we did our first meet, Ford's Garage had recently opened so it seemed like a logical place to do it. Their management is receptive to car groups and the parking lot has plenty of space. Having said that, we've had 4 meets there so it's probably time to change it up.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When we did our first meet, Ford's Garage had recently opened so it seemed like a logical place to do it. Their management is receptive to car groups and the parking lot has plenty of space. Having said that, we've had 4 meets there so it's probably time to change it up.
More questions, if you don’t mind, and if you prefer you can pm me although I would think more might be interested in getting a meetup together.

What time of day have you found the 4 meetups to have the most attendees and I’m assuming Saturdays?
For your next one what are the most important factors you are considering? I’m assuming a popular restaurant and parking?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and time!

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More questions, if you don’t mind, and if you prefer you can pm me although I would think more might be interested in getting a meetup together.

What time of day have you found the 4 meetups to have the most attendees and I’m assuming Saturdays?
For your next one what are the most important factors you are considering? I’m assuming a popular restaurant and parking?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and time!
All of them have been at the same time, 10:00 am. This was suggested by Ford's Garage, because we can get our spot in the parking lot before they open. We've done both Saturday and Sunday, with about the same results. I haven't tried anything else yet.

Our turnouts have all been in the range of 10-12 trucks. This actually seems on the low side for recent events, given I have developed a list of over 60 members from the DFW area that expressed interest in meets. But life gets in the way, etc.

Tip: be sure to send out plenty of reminders. :)

Hope this helps....

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of them have been at the same time, 10:00 am. This was suggested by Ford's Garage, because we can get our spot in the parking lot before they open. We've done both Saturday and Sunday, with about the same results. I haven't tried anything else yet.

Our turnouts have all been in the range of 10-12 trucks. This actually seems on the low side for recent events, given I have developed a list of over 60 members from the DFW area that expressed interest in meets. But life gets in the way, etc.

Tip: be sure to send out plenty of reminders. :)

Hope this helps....
Thanks for the useful tips! I think I might work on a January meetup in FL, after hurricane season and the holidays.

Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why didn't you call? You are only 1900 miles away!

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

interesting. no racing red, no hpr, no area51, no iconic silver. lots of cactus :) interesting the 3 cactus are the only FX4/Tremor builds. what was the breakdown of Hybrids to Ecoboost?

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

interesting. no racing red, no hpr, no area51, no iconic silver. lots of cactus :) interesting the 3 cactus are the only FX4/Tremor builds. what was the breakdown of Hybrids to Ecoboost?
There were at least 3 hybrids, maybe 4. As for colors, we've done four of these meets and Area 51 is usually well represented but none showed up this time. We had 2 Cyber Oranges at the last meet. Red (HP or Rapid) is the only color we've never had.

Sponsored

mlain001

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Honda Insight, Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm just surprised at all the shade you guys found. :cool:

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was a great event! Nice to see the Atlas blue next to the Velocity blue. Plus lots of fun talk about upgrades and customizations.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We should consider Meteor Hamburgers in on the Garland/Richardson border. They have car meetups there and the restaurant theme is vintage cars (but not antique cars). Food is good! The main disadvantage is that it is not right off a highway like the Ford's Garage is.
Sponsored