First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Never heard of them so I'll check it out!
Did you consider trading in your MY22 with Chapman? Depending on the used market prices, you might find a trade in will reduce the taxes on the new vehicle. It's a balancing act figuring out the best way to go.

Decisions, decisions...
Sponsored

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I saw your thread. It was an interesting discussion, but I'm still not 100 percent certain whether the Tremor has the same final drive ratio as the 4Ks or the standard EcoBoosts. There seems to be some confusion about that.
Check the Ford 2023 towing guide.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...2023_Ford_RVandTrailerTowingGuide_r1_Dec1.pdf
Tremor and 4K tow have same final drive ratio. 2000 lbs difference in towing between the Tremor and the 4K seems excessive, outside of slowly hauling a trailer up hot Texas hills.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you consider trading in your MY22 with Chapman? Depending on the used market prices, you might find a trade in will reduce the taxes on the new vehicle. It's a balancing act figuring out the best way to go.

Decisions, decisions...
For sure it's an option. Do you have a crystal ball to tell me whether used Maverick prices will be higher in April than they are today?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For sure it's an option. Do you have a crystal ball to tell me whether used Maverick prices will be higher in April than they are today?
Lol, I wish I did! I have a MY23 still waiting for scheduling. It might replace my MY22. Same boat as you.

Actually, my better half and I are considering whether to sell our 2020 F-150 and keep the Maverick or vice versa.

I guess the adage "a bird in hand..." Is a good one to follow. If you get an offer you are comfortable with then take it. I'd definitely go for the Tremor!

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lol, I wish I did! I have a MY23 still waiting for scheduling. It might replace my MY22. Same boat as you.

Actually, my better half and I are considering whether to sell our 2020 F-150 and keep the Maverick or vice versa.

I guess the adage "a bird in hand..." Is a good one to follow. If you get an offer you are comfortable with then take it. I'd definitely go for the Tremor!
Yep. As my brother said, "You have options."

And my reply to him was, "I'm finally in the driver's seat, after a year of being tied to a rope being dragged behind the truck!"

:D

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our Tremor that was rolled over from a FX4 build from last January isnt even scheduled.

Profiteer

Wow, is it just me, or has Ford really turned on the jets when it comes to producing these Mavericks? As many of you know (I posted a lot and whined often), I ordered my 2022 Mav last January and took delivery in December after an 11-month wait. Here she is:

__Truck Rear Quarter Profile.JPG

Back in September — still unsure whether my 2022 would actually get built or when it would arrive — I decided to place a 2023 Tremor order with Chapman Philadelphia. I was able to place my order using a special 3% below invoice offer. There was no required deposit, so I figured I had nothing to lose, and it was great insurance in case my 22 fell through, even though it was scheduled for production in November.

Fast forward to today: I checked with Ford chat and was surprised to learn my Tremor order is scheduled for production the week of March 10, with expected delivery in early April!

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 3.02.01 PM.png

What to do? I really love my 2022. It's a Cactus Gray XLT AWD LUX with the 4K Tow Package. I've only put a little over 200 miles on it since taking delivery on Dec. 19, and though I have put some new off-road tires on it and added a few other accessories, I was able to sell the stock tires for $400 and really don't have more than a couple hundred bucks into it. And most of that stuff, such as the RokBlokz mud flaps, I could easily take off and move to the new truck.

TREMOR ON TOP, EXISTING TRUCK ON BOTTOM.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 3.05.36 PM.png
New Tires Front Quarter View.JPG

As for the 2023 Tremor, I must admit it looks REALLY sharp. And I love the Avalanche color and the smoked headlights and tail lights. Although I hate the fact that the Tremor can't accommodate the 4K Tow package, I don't tow that often, and 2,000 pounds is still more than enough for my small trailer and side-by-side. I had thoughts of perhaps using the 4K to tow a small camper or getting an enclosed trailer for my side by side, but no immediate plans for either. I do love the additional off-road capability the Tremor offers, since I do a lot of hunting and often have to go considerable distances off pavement.

Further compounding my dilemma are the financial considerations: I would get a GREAT deal on this Tremor. With the 3% discount, my price would be roughly $970 below invoice, and if I add a $500 Farm Bureau rebate, that means I'd be buying the truck for almost $1,500 BELOW INVOICE! It seems almost too good to walk away from, and if I can sell my current truck now for a small profit and drive my old beater for a few more months until the Tremor comes in, it might be a no-brainer.

On the other hand, my current 60-month loan is at 1.9 percent using last year's protected Ford Credit rates. Assuming I can more or less break even on my existing truck, I'd have to finance roughly the same amount ($23,000) on the new truck, and at current rates, my interest cost over the life of the loan would be an additional $2,300, and the monthly payment would rise from $410 to $450. Looking at that, I almost feel as though I'd have to make a little profit on my existing truck to offset this, although it would not be a financial hardship for me.

Bottom Line: I am very intrigued by the Tremor, but also love my existing truck. The Tremor is a great deal, but will cost more to finance, and I'd be giving up towing and payload capacity. Plus, I'd have to sell my existing truck for at least a little more than my OTD cost to justify it. And yet there's also a part of me that just wants the Tremor. If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

1673743244215.png
My 2 Pennies: too complicated. Keep it simple. Keep the one you have and just cancel the new order or refuse delivery. Just my opinion! Good luck!

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Sporty! I watched your original adventures closely, only to discover that you ready to bail after only a month for another (supposed) pretty face. It must be the thrill of the hunt!

My advice: If one Maverick is good, two Mavericks are better.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our Tremor that was rolled over from a FX4 build from last January isnt even scheduled.
Typical but frustrating. I’m sure Chapman gets a ton of allocations compared to the average dealer. Hope your truck gets scheduled soon!

Sponsored
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey Sporty! I watched your original adventures closely, only to discover that you ready to bail after only a month for another (supposed) pretty face. It must be the thrill of the hunt!

My advice: If one Maverick is good, two Mavericks are better.
Honestly I never thought I’d be in this position. And I’m definitely NOT bailing on the Maverick. Just considering the possibilities and figuring out which truck makes the most sense for me, both financially and practically.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a good chance you could bank more by selling the Tremor, since it's more of a limited availability, like the hybrid. You need to thoroughly investigate resale of both your trucks, to understand potential gains/losses.

Assuming the Tremor would indeed fetch a premium price, I would sell that, keep the XLT, bank the extra cash, and keep the option of towing a bigger trailer in the future. 🤠

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's a good chance you could bank more by selling the Tremor, since it's more of a limited availability, like the hybrid. You need to thoroughly investigate resale of both your trucks, to understand potential gains/losses.

Assuming the Tremor would indeed fetch a premium price, I would sell that, keep the XLT, bank the extra cash, and keep the option of towing a bigger trailer in the future. 🤠
Yes that is definitely an option! The biggest headache there is that it would force me to actually purchase and own TWO Mavericks for at least a short while in the belief I could sell the Tremor at a premium. If not, I’m left with two loans.

So, I agree with your point, but even if the potential reward is higher on the Tremor, it’s also a bit more risky.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes that is definitely an option! The biggest headache there is that it would force me to actually purchase and own TWO Mavericks for at least a short while in the belief I could sell the Tremor at a premium. If not, I’m left with two loans.

So, I agree with your point, but even if the potential reward is higher on the Tremor, it’s also a bit more risky.
Really, not a lot of risk if your research is sound...and up to date. Used vehicle prices at a given time is not a mystery. They are what they are. Start putting together data NOW, for both trucks, and update weekly, to track trends. When the Tremor is actually delivered to the dealer, compare that data set to your history, analyse current finance options, and make the call.

Of course, this only applies to the financial part of the decision. you also need to factor in your own personal wants/needs/expectations, which could completely flip the process.

Since it seems either truck will work for you, + & -, I would make the call based on best financial outcome. But that's just me, the guy with short pockets..... 🤑

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If you remember, you and I went through the same anxious/thrilling waiting for our trucks late last year documented in your other popular thread .

I'll join the minority group in this thread and give you a blunt suggestion. Be happy with what you have (I didn't see you have must-do reason to dump your current one). The complexity of switching to a slightly prettier new toy doesn't worth of either financially or emotionally. Use all the time and the brainstorms you'd spend on debating if/if-not on driving your current one to do the things you enjoy, make the mods you like.

In a philosophical one: simplifying you life makes a happier life.
Sponsored