2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow, is it just me, or has Ford really turned on the jets when it comes to producing these Mavericks? As many of you know (I posted a lot and whined often), I ordered my 2022 Mav last January and took delivery in December after an 11-month wait. Here she is:

Ford Maverick Decisions, Decisions: My 2022 FX4 4K vs. 2023 Tremor Scheduled for Production __Truck Rear Quarter Profile.JPG

Back in September — still unsure whether my 2022 would actually get built or when it would arrive — I decided to place a 2023 Tremor order with Chapman Philadelphia. I was able to place my order using a special 3% below invoice offer. There was no required deposit, so I figured I had nothing to lose, and it was great insurance in case my 22 fell through, even though it was scheduled for production in November.

Fast forward to today: I checked with Ford chat and was surprised to learn my Tremor order is scheduled for production the week of March 10, with expected delivery in early April!

Ford Maverick Decisions, Decisions: My 2022 FX4 4K vs. 2023 Tremor Scheduled for Production Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 3.02.01 PM

What to do? I really love my 2022. It's a Cactus Gray XLT AWD LUX with the 4K Tow Package. I've only put a little over 200 miles on it since taking delivery on Dec. 19, and though I have put some new off-road tires on it and added a few other accessories, I was able to sell the stock tires for $400 and really don't have more than a couple hundred bucks into it. And most of that stuff, such as the RokBlokz mud flaps, I could easily take off and move to the new truck.

TREMOR ON TOP, EXISTING TRUCK ON BOTTOM.

Ford Maverick Decisions, Decisions: My 2022 FX4 4K vs. 2023 Tremor Scheduled for Production Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 3.05.36 PM
Ford Maverick Decisions, Decisions: My 2022 FX4 4K vs. 2023 Tremor Scheduled for Production New Tires Front Quarter View.JPG

As for the 2023 Tremor, I must admit it looks REALLY sharp. And I love the Avalanche color and the smoked headlights and tail lights. Although I hate the fact that the Tremor can't accommodate the 4K Tow package, I don't tow that often, and 2,000 pounds is still more than enough for my small trailer and side-by-side. I had thoughts of perhaps using the 4K to tow a small camper or getting an enclosed trailer for my side by side, but no immediate plans for either. I do love the additional off-road capability the Tremor offers, since I do a lot of hunting and often have to go considerable distances off pavement.

Further compounding my dilemma are the financial considerations: I would get a GREAT deal on this Tremor. With the 3% discount, my price would be roughly $970 below invoice, and if I add a $500 Farm Bureau rebate, that means I'd be buying the truck for almost $1,500 BELOW INVOICE! It seems almost too good to walk away from, and if I can sell my current truck now for a small profit and drive my old beater for a few more months until the Tremor comes in, it might be a no-brainer.

On the other hand, my current 60-month loan is at 1.9 percent using last year's protected Ford Credit rates. Assuming I can more or less break even on my existing truck, I'd have to finance roughly the same amount ($23,000) on the new truck, and at current rates, my interest cost over the life of the loan would be an additional $2,300, and the monthly payment would rise from $410 to $450. Looking at that, I almost feel as though I'd have to make a little profit on my existing truck to offset this, although it would not be a financial hardship for me.

Bottom Line: I am very intrigued by the Tremor, but also love my existing truck. The Tremor is a great deal, but will cost more to finance, and I'd be giving up towing and payload capacity. Plus, I'd have to sell my existing truck for at least a little more than my OTD cost to justify it. And yet there's also a part of me that just wants the Tremor. If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Ford Maverick Decisions, Decisions: My 2022 FX4 4K vs. 2023 Tremor Scheduled for Production 1673743244215
Sponsored

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, what a problem!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Whichever way you go is just up to you. Color vs towing capacity for example. I would think you could come out financially whichever way you go. Once you decide, pull the trigger and never look back! Then enjoy!!!(y)

As the old song says: "I'm leaving it up to you!!

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow, what a problem!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Whichever way you go is just up to you. Color vs towing capacity for example. I would think you could come out financially whichever way you go. Once you decide, pull the trigger and never look back! Then enjoy!!!(y)

As the old song says: "I'm leaving it up to you!!
Thanks. The Tremor styling is definitely sharp -- also love the orange accents. And the better angle on the front bumper and slight lift will be great off road.

I think what I need to do is reach out to a few local dealers and online sites to see what I might be able to get for my existing truck. Obviously, if I can't get at least what I have in the truck out of it, it's a non-starter.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I vote tremor! Avalanche is way nicer, you essentially get BAP as well.

algo is the one offering the most recently in my experience.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I vote tremor! Avalanche is way nicer, you essentially get BAP as well.

algo is the one offering the most recently in my experience.
Thanks. Never heard of them so I'll check it out!

Sponsored

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100% go with the tremor.. you are almost certainly holding solid equity in the fx4. Carmax it now before the market hits anymore than it already has.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck getting the $500 farm bureau rebate from them. I have fought with them and they will not budge nor will they budge on the price protection. If you could sell your Mav and walk away with minimal extra money into the Tremor then go for it but don't trust Chapman at all since they really nickeled and dimed my father probably to meet their 3% under invoice promise as I'm sure they will get a price protection check from Ford but have no intention of forwarding it to my father.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good luck getting the $500 farm bureau rebate from them. I have fought with them and they will not budge nor will they budge on the price protection. If you could sell your Mav and walk away with minimal extra money into the Tremor then go for it but don't trust Chapman at all since they really nickeled and dimed my father probably to meet their 3% under invoice promise as I'm sure they will get a price protection check from Ford but have no intention of forwarding it to my father.
Did your father work with Chapman Horsham or Chapman Philadelphia? My order is with Ed at Chapman Philadelphia. I have heard a lot of bad things about Chapman Horsham but good things about Chapman Philly.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did your father work with Chapman Horsham or Chapman Philadelphia? My order is with Ed at Chapman Philadelphia. I have heard a lot of bad things about Chapman Horsham but good things about Chapman Philly.
Well then I hope it's different in Philly because they took my father for $1,000 he should not have had to pay on his Maverick between Farm Bureau and Price Protection

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well then I hope it's different in Philly because they took my father for $1,000 he should not have had to pay on his Maverick between Farm Bureau and Price Protection
So your Dad's truck was from Chapman Horsham then? They reduced this year's offer to 1% below invoice there. Ed at Chapman Philly kept it at 3% (but only to members of a particular social media group). And, I've seen lots of reviews from customers saying that Ed was true to his word upon delivery. I will check with him regarding the Farm Bureau rebate but I can't understand why they would care, since Ford is literally passing that $500 on directly to the dealer.

As for Chapman Horsham, I have heard lots of negative reviews there about things have really gone down hill in terms of communication and honoring the deals that were advertised to aggressively.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of looking like you are leaning towards the Tremor. I would guess that in a couple of years the resale value on the Tremor will be more than $2300 when compared to present Maverick. This is especially true with good deal you are apparently getting. I would guess the odds of you always wishing you got the Tremor if you do not, will exceed the satisfaction that you are saving $40 a month.

Unless the market changes you will not get hurt and will probably clear some profit to put towards the Tremor. If you can wait to get your offers until a couple of weeks before the Tremor comes in, you can see what the dealer offers for your present Maverick. As you are aware, trade in reduces the sales tax considerably. Good luck with whatever you do!! (y)

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
— I decided to place a 2023 Tremor order with Chapman Philadelphia. I was able to place my order using a special 3% below invoice offer. There was no required deposit, so I figured I had nothing to lose, and it was great insurance in case my 22 fell through, even though it was scheduled for production in November.

Fast forward to today: I checked with Ford chat and was surprised to learn my Tremor order is scheduled for production the week of March 10, with expected delivery in early April!
. . .
I also ordered a Tremor at Chapman Philly- XLT Lux, Cactus Gray. Just got my scheduled date as March 6th. Will try the Farm Bureau discount which I understand comes out of Ford's pocket so I don't understand why a dealer would fight it.

Also, as I have argued in this thread
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/transmission-coolers-4k-tow-vs-tremor.25974/
the Tremor has the same final drive ratio and a transmission cooler as the 4K tow package. Only a smaller radiator, the larger receptor and 7 pin connector and possible effect of softer shocks would reduce the towing capacity vs. the 4K tow package.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since towing doesn’t seem like much of a factor I’d say sell high now and go Tremor.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Kind of looking like you are leaning towards the Tremor. I would guess that in a couple of years the resale value on the Tremor will be more than $2300 when compared to present Maverick. This is especially true with good deal you are apparently getting. I would guess the odds of you always wishing you got the Tremor if you do not, will exceed the satisfaction that you are saving $40 a month.

Unless the market changes you will not get hurt and will probably clear some profit to put towards the Tremor. If you can wait to get your offers until a couple of weeks before the Tremor comes in, you can see what the dealer offers for your present Maverick. As you are aware, trade in reduces the sales tax considerably. Good luck with whatever you do!! (y)
Today I am. But it will absolutely depend on what I am able to get out of the current truck. Like you said, the most convenient thing would be to keep driving it until the Tremor shows up and see what they would give me in trade. However, my concern is that the market will further soften between now and then. So, if I decide I REALLY want the Tremor, I might be best off to sell the current truck outright right now to the highest bidder and sit on the cash until the Tremor shows up.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I also ordered a Tremor at Chapman Philly- XLT Lux, Cactus Gray. Just got my scheduled date as March 6th. Will try the Farm Bureau discount which I understand comes out of Ford's pocket so I don't understand why a dealer would fight it.

Also, as I have argued in this thread
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/transmission-coolers-4k-tow-vs-tremor.25974/
the Tremor has the same final drive ratio and a transmission cooler as the 4K tow package. Only a smaller radiator, the larger receptor and 7 pin connector and possible effect of softer shocks would reduce the towing capacity vs. the 4K tow package.
Yeah, I saw your thread. It was an interesting discussion, but I'm still not 100 percent certain whether the Tremor has the same final drive ratio as the 4Ks or the standard EcoBoosts. There seems to be some confusion about that.
Sponsored