NoMav4U

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at a dealer the other day and saw they had a 2023 lariat hybrid that had just come in. Took a closer look and noticed it had a blue window sticker. I couldn’t believe it! How are places getting dealer stock order hybrids? I guess it’s another layer to the “allocations” that I don’t fully understand. Has anyone else seen these pop up?
Sponsored

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot - 24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am actually in the process (deposit/hold) to buy a similar blue window stickered dealer stock 23 Lariat Hybrid. So I guess some of their previous allocations have been rolling in.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure, one of the dealers in the area had about 12 of them. Even has a '24 Tremor model on the lot right now.

High volume dealer with not a lot of Maverick orders means they will start getting stock earlier than some others.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Typically Ford allocates builds for dealer stock at the beginning and the end of the MY production.

As the MY23 has finished and MY24 started, you will start to see MY23 and MY24 Mavericks arrive on dealer lots that have a blue window sticker.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
INB4 someone assumes it was a "refused" order...

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

INB4 someone assumes it was a "refused" order...
even if someone knows that blue is not a customer retail order. it honestly is surprising that Ford would build any dealer stock hybrid now when they have plenty of retail hybrid in the order banks and i assume a huge backlog of fleet orders.

the only thing I come up with is that Ford has a lot of hybrid parts. way more than the previous 2 years of production.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Relative newbie here. I have a green window sticker from my 23 Lariat hybrid. In the middle bottom box it says, "Special Order." Does that mean it was ordered for a customer or for the dealer's inventory?

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Relative newbie here. I have a green window sticker from my 23 Lariat hybrid. In the middle bottom box it says, "Special Order." Does that mean it was ordered for a customer or for the dealer's inventory?
Yes the green sticker is for you order not dealer inventory. You could purchase a Maverick on the dealers lot with a special order sticker if a customer changed his mind and didn't purchased the vehicle.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the green sticker is for you order not dealer inventory.
Thanks John. I didn't order the truck so maybe a cancellation? My Mach E was a cancelled order from the same dealer a year ago. It had a green window sticker as well.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you bought it off the lot with a green sticker, it was for a customer who ordered it, but walked away from it. Lately, some of those are due to dealer markups and high interest rates the customer couldn't afford. Others are just customers who just changed their mind or found something else before their order arrived.

Sponsored

Kags123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xlt cactus grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was at a dealer the other day and saw they had a 2023 lariat hybrid that had just come in. Took a closer look and noticed it had a blue window sticker. I couldn’t believe it! How are places getting dealer stock order hybrids? I guess it’s another layer to the “allocations” that I don’t fully understand. Has anyone else seen these pop up?
We have been in the market since this summer for a 2023 hybrid at MSRP and went quite wide looking in the NYC tri-state area (didn't want to order a 2024 because of the $1500 hybrid price increase). Over the past few weeks, I've been getting a lot of dealers calling me about availability (several trucks per dealer, usually xlt's and lariats) at msrp (all with dealer stickers and order dates of early 2023).

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found an Alto blue hybrid locally. There is nothing being disclosed about any sort blatantly price gauging. One thing that was done though is that every option that can be installed is on the truck, including those that require dealer installation. Is there a dealer labor charge if they install the ordered options? The truck I have on order doesn’t have a box cover. I figure the cover will be around $250 per hour. If the dealer charges $180 per hour for labor the cover will double in price. That moves it to a whole new realm.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has exactly ZERO Mavericks in stock. The only time they ever have any in stock is for a refused special order, which they list at $3.5k over MSRP for a hybrid, and $3k over MSRP for an eco-boost.

They are the second largest dealer in a major metropolitan area. The #1 dealer has zero in stock as well as of today.

They remain very hard to get in this area.

kjammer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found an Alto blue hybrid locally. There is nothing being disclosed about any sort blatantly price gauging. One thing that was done though is that every option that can be installed is on the truck, including those that require dealer installation. Is there a dealer labor charge if they install the ordered options? The truck I have on order doesn’t have a box cover. I figure the cover will be around $250 per hour. If the dealer charges $180 per hour for labor the cover will double in price. That moves it to a whole new realm.
My salesman said that he could void or drastically reduce the dealer’s labor charge for my tonneau cover.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are two dealers in Columbus Ohio that have Mavericks. One has an XLT Hybrid for list price $26,645 (green window sticker) and the other an XLT Hybrid for $30,900 no window sticker available.
Sponsored