Sponsored

Dealer is saying they cannot honor the Maverick Model Launch Program's production date rates.

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick finally came in from an 2021 October order date. At first they wanted me on a 10% plan but I new my rates should be locked in with my production date. After pulling some teeth I was finally told that they do not honor this program and only honor the price protection of the vehicle itself, not the rates. They told me that I need to contact Ford, have them call the dealership themselves and guarantee that they will be reimbursed for the extra cost of the vehicle. I am planning on calling Ford's hotline tomorrow, but is there a number I can call or person I can contact directly that handles these issues? I remember somebody mentioning to tweet someone but I do not know who and if it can happen quickly before they sell my vehicle to someone else. I need some help.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10%? That seems steep even with today's interest rates. My own bank caps out at 11% for even the "fine, we'll approve it" level.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick finally came in from an 2021 October order date. At first they wanted me on a 10% plan but I new my rates should be locked in with my production date. After pulling some teeth I was finally told that they do not honor this program and only honor the price protection of the vehicle itself, not the rates. They told me that I need to contact Ford, have them call the dealership themselves and guarantee that they will be reimbursed for the extra cost of the vehicle. I am planning on calling Ford's hotline tomorrow, but is there a number I can call or person I can contact directly that handles these issues? I remember somebody mentioning to tweet someone but I do not know who and if it can happen quickly before they sell my vehicle to someone else. I need some help.
IF you ordered a 2022 and are picking up a 2022, the rates at the time you ordered should be honored...and those rates should be in "Smart Vincent". Sounds like they are trying to screw you over. IF you are getting a rolled over 2023, then they are right. No rate protection to the new model year.

OP
OP

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a 22. I saw the rates myself and they flat out told me they will not honor it because they have to pay out of pocket for it to work.
I then told them that they should be reimbursed by Ford themselves. But they want me to call Ford and have them call their dealership and guarantee that they will be reimbursed.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a 22. I saw the rates myself and they flat out told me they will not honor it because they have to pay out of pocket for it to work.
I then told them that they should be reimbursed by Ford themselves. But they want me to call Ford and have them call their dealership and guarantee that they will be reimbursed.
Translation: they stand to make a lot of money if you finance through them at 10%.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "guaranteed" rates were for those with the appropriate credit rating.

OP
OP

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "guaranteed" rates were for those with the appropriate credit rating.
I saw the rates on the screen, they flat out told me they wont do it unless Ford contacts them.

OP
OP

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Translation: they stand to make a lot of money if you finance through them at 10%.
I do have to say though, that was the rate they gave me over the phone when I called them yesterday. I came in today and they offered me 5.9%. It still not the 0% 36 or 3.9% 72 but its not as aggregious as that idiot over the phone.

OP
OP

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have the credit rating to get them?
yes. They mentioned that they have to pay out of pocket. I know they should be reimbursed if they have to, but they said they want to here that from Ford themselves.

Sponsored

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would go to local credit union or bank just to not give them any extra, ( If you lose argument)

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes. They mentioned that they have to pay out of pocket. I know they should be reimbursed if they have to, but they said they want to here that from Ford themselves.
Your credit was not pulled at the time of order. Any rates were credit dependent at time of delivery. If your credit score is poor, then you will pay rates accordingly.

dreamweaver5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariet First Edition Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a Sept 9 2021 order date for First Edition Hybrid. Car came into dealer 10/29/22. Dealer offered 0%for 36 and 0.9 for 48 months. Price protected car to purchase date so purchase price was under new sticker. No hassle. No add ons. The dealer gets protected, no cost to them. Your dealer is being bad.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do have to say though, that was the rate they gave me over the phone when I called them yesterday. I came in today and they offered me 5.9%. It still not the 0% 36 or 3.9% 72 but its not as aggregious as that idiot over the phone.
5.9% for what term? That's the current 72 mo Ford Credit promo rate for qualifying credit. So if they're honoring the promo rates, what does it hurt them to honor the ~3.9% from date of purchase?

Ford Maverick Dealer is saying they cannot honor the Maverick Model Launch Program's production date rates. 1667776105104

OP
OP

fang988

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5.9% for what term? That's the current 72 mo Ford Credit promo rate for qualifying credit. So if they're honoring the promo rates, what does it hurt them to honor the ~3.9% from date of purchase?

1667776105104.png
I don't know. I just want my car. Ford wanted these to be very affordable.
Sponsored