Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road Star, Maverick, Corolla, Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Bill
Can the cruise control device be picked up at the Orlando location on J. Lawson Blvd?
Sponsored

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Bill
Can the cruise control device be picked up at the Orlando location on J. Lawson Blvd?
Hi, Jim. Unfortunately not. Rostra/VOXX doesn't sell the products direct to the public and we would need to refer you to a local retailer for purchasing (many throughout FL). If you'd be willing to email me at [email protected] I'd be glad to have our regional sales manager reach out with a recommendation.

Thanks for your interest!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the steel wheels and the black interior over the aluminum wheels
and the lighter orange accented interior.
I know, I'm weird.
But it's so great to actually like something that is less expensive.
And getting the co-pilot 360 system gets you the power mirrors.
The way I look at it if you get the XLT AND the co-pilot 360 you're
paying for power mirrors twice.
But a power locking tailgate, more tiedowns, a gray painted piece in front that should be black and "cubbies" have no appeal to me.
Getting the XL allows me to get 10 or 15 individual options and still have a great truck for under $25,000.
But cruise control? Wow, no cruise control.
Other than an aftermarket somewhat ugly looking stalk at a weird angle - couldn't they have more matched the existing stalks on the Maverick steering column?

Anyway, the real problem/disappointment as I see it is - they did not just simply cover the cruise controls buttons on the steering wheel but instead moved (6) volume and call
controls to where the cruise control is suppose to be and then blanked out those volume and call controls.
So not just a blanked out cruise control area that screams to you you cheeped out but a complete reorganization of controls that would make it very difficult to straighten out buying the cruise control buttons and maybe installing and programming them in the future when more people figure out what to do.
I like so much about this truck, but $2,300 for cruise control - and then having other things you don't even like - sucks.
Robert
Welcome to the forum. I suggest reading through the several cruise control threads, there are options for everyone.

Chris

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are assuming it will require programming…. I am willing to bet that it will not require programming and will be as simple as swapping in the cruise control buttons.
It definitely has to be programmed just feed through this series of posts and you'll see what it takes there's a very detailed explanation buttons no more are just switches everything has a address for every computer it's a system called can bus use them most vehicles these days even changing your tail lights to LEDs May disrupt the system if they are not properly configured

Sponsored

Newarkman

First Name
Carl Maen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I really want the XL over the XLT, but I absolutely need to have cruise control. Suggestions?
Rostra makes an aftermarket plug and play cruise control that works remarkedly well. Fairly simple install... Splice into 3 wires and remove an old switch and install the new one from the kit. All done inside the vehicle. Nothing under the hood. AND... NO COMPUTER SOFTWARE RESETTING. I purchased mine on line for $289.00 (prices vary, so you have to do some shopping). No matter whether 25mph or 75mph it's spot on. The stock (switch) is located on the left side of the steering housing plastic shroud. The steering wheel spoke hides it, but it only takes a short time to get used to manipulating it by feel. Hope this helps.

Klundog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
by KaytuDoesStuff
There is programming involved but this video is the process of changing the steering wheel switches. Looking for the follow-up on the programing. It's here in the site I am told.

Klundog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone!

As mentioned here, through our Rostra Accessories division, we we will be offering an add-on cruise control system for the '22 Maverick shortly after it is available. I've ordered the XL model in Cactus Gray for myself, so have no fear - if you decide to order the XL/100A equipment package, you'll be able to add cruise control, seat heaters, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot detection, interior and exterior LED lighting and more. If you're interested, check out the video below. It's from a Subaru but will give you some idea of what an installation typically entails. Likewise, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn to get notices of these new products right away:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rostra
Instagram: https://instagram.com/rostraaccessories/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rostratweets
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/rostra?sub_confirmation=1
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/rostraaccessories

Cruise Control Installation Example

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
by KaytuDoesStuff
There is programming involved but this video is the process of changing the steering wheel switches. Looking for the follow-up on the programing. It's here in the site I am told.

Here is the whole process
Sponsored