Sponsored

Dealer had me sign a new order sheet - says everything is the same...but seems off.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just sent my original copy of my order from 8/2. It shows priority code of 80!!! Can this be changed? Should I cancel and reorder? Here’s a copy-
1634605183831.jpeg
The other odd thing about that order sheet (in addition to the Type being "Stock Order" and the Priority Code of "80") is that it doesn't have your name on it.

I got an original DORA (order sheet) from my dealer, then got an updated one when I made a change. Both had my name under "Customer Name."

I'd be surprised if Ford has any record of you ordering a Maverick. But then I'm a suspicious person by nature.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
I don’t like the sound of that. If it has a different order# it is going to be a different build order from the dealer. So it’s going to be entered as now and will push your build back in the que.

What was the date on the DORA they are asking to sign? Compare that to the original.

Sounds fishy to me.
Yeah, he specifically said that the new one had to have yesterday's date on it. I looked at the original and it says 8/9/2021 and the new one says 10/17/2021. They only changed the priority when I asked this morning. The only thing I got back about everything this afternoon was "Ford changes around the order numbers with some of the builds" and "we don't have any control over the price code".

I appreciate you taking the time to validate my concern. Thank you!

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
That was exactly what I was thinking. I'd throw the BS flag and ask them to show you in the system the other Order #. If they say they can't then I believe they are using your original order as stock or for someone who is willing to pay more. What I don't understand is the Price Code change. But does the price change in any way from the original to the new?
No, the price is exactly the same and the build is exactly the same. It just switched from 215 to 220 and they said they had no control over that and no idea what it means...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, he specifically said that the new one had to have yesterday's date on it. I looked at the original and it says 8/9/2021 and the new one says 10/17/2021. They only changed the priority when I asked this morning. The only thing I got back about everything this afternoon was "Ford changes around the order numbers with some of the builds" and "we don't have any control over the price code".

I appreciate you taking the time to validate my concern. Thank you!
I looked at my two order sheets, my original order 7/5 and then 7/29 when I added the manual rear window. The only thing that changed between the two was the salesman name, otherwise Price code (215), Priority code (10) and Type (retail) all stayed the same. Something just doesn't add up with what you're dealership is saying. I'm thinking like the others have already mentioned that they screwed up placing your order and are trying to CYA themselves!

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
The other odd thing about that order sheet (in addition to the Type being "Stock Order" and the Priority Code of "80") is that it doesn't have your name on it.

I got an original DORA (order sheet) from my dealer, then got an updated one when I made a change. Both had my name under "Customer Name."

I'd be surprised if Ford has any record of you ordering a Maverick. But then I'm a suspicious person by nature.
I placed an order for a new hybrid Maverick Lariat on Oct 10, and received a confirmation email from Ford of my order. However, I realize now after the postings on this thread that the email didn't not provide any "order number."

Then I also realized the dealer never provided me with a Ford Order Sheet (DORA?) like the one page displayed here by SweetDemonSara, either. All I received from the dealer originally was a printout of the vehicle and options from the Ford configurator website, which they referred to as the "build sheet" (which appeared identical to the one I "built" using the online shop.ford.com webpage). I thought it a bit odd and less than official at the time, but have never ordered a factory-build vehicle before.

Nothing I have shows an order number, priority code or price code. (Now I'm starting to become a little concerned or suspicious that something might be afoot.). Like Olderbudwiser, I guess I also need to promptly scamper down to my dealer, too, and see if I can get a copy of the actual Ford Order Sheet...

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's 3 of the DORAs for my Bronco order.
They all show the same Order Code. As the date progresses, the Price Level number increases (but the actual price didn't change newest on top, oldest on bottom):

Ford Maverick Dealer had me sign a new order sheet - says everything is the same...but seems off. IMG_3184

So I wouldn't worry about the price code number unless the price itself actually changes. The big things to look for are the order type and priority code as shown in other images. It should be Retail/10-19.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they put the first order in someone else's name, created a new order for the OP - seems shady all around at this point.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just sent my original copy of my order from 8/2. It shows priority code of 80!!! Can this be changed? Should I cancel and reorder? Here’s a copy-
1634605183831.jpeg
Forget the priority code. Isn't anyone else worried about the .18" black painted wheel? Where you gonna get tires for those things? 😆

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
I think they put the first order in someone else's name, created a new order for the OP - seems shady all around at this point.
Yeah, I'm going to get in touch with Ford today and find out what they did.

Thank you!

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
**Update**: I reached out to Ford and they confirmed that there were 2 separate orders for 2 separate trucks vs it just being a matter of the order code being changed. They confirmed that both trucks were in process and will "be scheduled at the next available build week", with of course the first one being 2 months ahead of this one.

I then reached out to the dealer, informed them of my suspicions and asked for clarification and to speak with someone higher up. I was met with "I forgot we had you sign the build sheet the first time. I have canceled the 2nd truck and have upgraded the priority on the first truck from 19 to 10".

AKA: Shady as all hell. Ford was super confused as to why the dealership said that order numbers shift around.

Make sure to check your stuff, I guess. Thank you to everyone for your help again!

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, pretty shady. Glad your perseverance got it straightened out.

Reactions: wjg

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other thing to check is whether you have something signed by the dealer that specifies the price on your order. Folks have been reporting getting price-bumped when the truck arrives.

There are conflicting reports on this forum about what you need to protect the price:
--Some think that a DORA signed by both parties is enough to guarantee that your dealer won't raise the price on you.
--Others think that you need a signed "Vehicle Buyer's Order" (or something like it) that lays out all the details and is signed by both parties.

I tend to agree with the second group, but only because I have read a couple of the standard form Buyer's Orders used by Ford dealers in my area and they are binding contracts. The signed DORA, or something similar, may be good enough too. I just don't know.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order for a new hybrid Maverick Lariat on Oct 10, and received a confirmation email from Ford of my order. However, I realize now after the postings on this thread that the email didn't not provide any "order number."

Then I also realized the dealer never provided me with a Ford Order Sheet (DORA?) like the one page displayed here by SweetDemonSara, either. All I received from the dealer originally was a printout of the vehicle and options from the Ford configurator website, which they referred to as the "build sheet" (which appeared identical to the one I "built" using the online shop.ford.com webpage). I thought it a bit odd and less than official at the time, but have never ordered a factory-build vehicle before.

Nothing I have shows an order number, priority code or price code. (Now I'm starting to become a little concerned or suspicious that something might be afoot.). Like Olderbudwiser, I guess I also need to promptly scamper down to my dealer, too, and see if I can get a copy of the actual Ford Order Sheet...
I only received a printout of the ford website when I ordered mine. All went well as I picked up my truck yesterday. I think I found out the order number by calling them once it was scheduled.

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
I only received a printout of the ford website when I ordered mine. All went well as I picked up my truck yesterday. I think I found out the order number by calling them once it was scheduled.
Thanks! I ended up going to the dealer and requested a copy of the Build Sheet, which they provided. It all looked OK, equipped according to what I had ordered (although they never had me sign it). Seems odd that they did not provide me q copy of the Build Sheet when I placed the order, but things seem to be in order anyway. When I placed the order, they did have me sign the printout of the Ford website configurator page, so maybe that suffices to Ford when the dealer submitted the order? I wanted to make sure my order didn't fall through the cracks in the process, because, since there is soon going to be no further hybrid orders allowed, I would have been without any ability to re-order until next Summer (which I'm guessing would be for a 2023 model year truck)!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the number to call Ford: (800) 334-4375

Seems to me you have the right to ask some questions. Can they confirm your original order was submitted? If so, what is its status? What Priority Code is currently assigned to that order? (She told me only the dealer has that information, but it can't hurt to ask.) I'd ask if it makes sense that the order number has been changed. (Mine hasn't changed at all.) Then maybe check on the second order number as well. Which order is associated with your name?
When I called last month, the wait was about 30 minutes, to be transferred to the Maverick-specific line, then a 15 minute wait there. But then I got to speak with a very nice person who answered my questions and was very helpful. All good luck! 🍀
Also, remember that the window on orders is about to close.
Sponsored