Sponsored

Dealer didn’t fasten skid plate and nuts are missing, can someone post a photo of tremor skid plate for me?

PAtremorxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long story short my Dealership didn’t tighten skid plate back on after oil change! I’m furious, It has an inch of play and is rattling like crazy. It also appears that they didn’t bother putting back on a bunch of nuts, there are a bunch of exposed screws coming through the plate. Can someone post a photo of a tremor where the skid plate is? I want to have a photo of what the underside skid plate is supposed to look like so they can’t argue with me when I take it back there. Thanks!
Sponsored

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If they want know what it should look like i would definitely take it somewhere else.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably can't get you a picture today but I'm sure there is one on here somewhere. Maybe look under "skid plate" and or " oil change access".

Till you get it right zip ties are your friend.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't trust them with those front screws anyways. There is a 99% chance they strip them and break the "nuts" that hold them in place. FX4's have a dual system that is the worst of them all and if any amount of excess pressure is applied those nuts will be useless. Plus, they rust.

Every time I see these threads I'm just amazed they don't manufacturer them with a flap for quick access especially considering how much quicker and easier it would be on the maintenance team at the service department.

But... if you know... then you know. They are going to get at least 2 hours of work out of an oil change. 45 minutes of sitting time after the initial move, 15 minute smoke break, 15 minutes to change the oil, 15 minute smoke break, half hour of waiting until they repark it and the other 15 minutes are on the house while the paperwork sits there before the desk jockey comes to get you.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Every time I see these threads I'm just amazed they don't manufacturer them with a flap for quick access especially considering how much quicker and easier it would be on the maintenance team at the service department.
Is it a functional skid plate, or just cosmetic?

A maintenance flap would likely decrease the structural integrity. If it's designed to actually survive contact I think there are obvious reasons not to poke holes in it. 👍

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it a functional skid plate, or just cosmetic?

A maintenance flap would likely decrease the structural integrity. If it's designed to actually survive contact I think there are obvious reasons not to poke holes in it. 👍
Check out the TRD ones for Toyotas.

Lots of skids coming with simple cutouts that are bolted on for oil changes.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea . fx4 here and dealership tech lost at least one bolt for replacement of skid plate . then dealership wants to do recalls when they can't even get an oil change right .

Floridaman954

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Floridaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor 2024
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yea . fx4 here and dealership tech lost at least one bolt for replacement of skid plate . then dealership wants to do recalls when they can't even get an oil change right .
Ford Maverick Dealer didn’t fasten skid plate and nuts are missing, can someone post a photo of tremor skid plate for me? image
Ford Maverick Dealer didn’t fasten skid plate and nuts are missing, can someone post a photo of tremor skid plate for me? image
I can take better pictures on a lift in about a hour

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Check out the TRD ones for Toyotas.

Lots of skids coming with simple cutouts that are bolted on for oil changes.
so you're saying it can be done, which I do believe.

I also believe it would add cost and a little weight to make a skid plate with a hatch for the oil filter change that is still able to actually protect when making contact with terra firma. that's probably the heart of the issue. (y)

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:
OP
OP

PAtremorxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well besides being apologetic they offered nothing. Asked could they replace my FordPass points (which is how I paid for the service) and the guy laughed and said that would take an “Act of God” through Ford. Never offered a free oil change or anything afterward. Needless to say that dealership has lost my business forever. Luckily there’s a few the same distance from me.

ABTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BSSD-GN-1G.html $271 steel

https://www.rival4x4usa.com/product...ort-badlands-2021-2023?variant=43430680854697 $299 aluminum

both for Tremor with oil service doors

I'd bet both are cheaper than a Ford replacement

I'm not sure that the access doors on the skid plates will help when changing the oil on the Tremor. I did the first service on mine and the oil filter location is forward enough (towards the front of the vehicle) that the actual plastic facia/bumper is directly below the filter.

I had to fab up a sheet metal tray to guide the oil into my drain pan, so a small access door in the skid plate wouldn't be of much help in my estimation. Just plain easier to remove the skidplate and inspect everything under there while your doing the service.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will not be taking my FX4 offroad, can I just leave the skid plate off? The most off roading I will do is gravel driveways and unpaved roads.
Sponsored