2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated 1/29:

OK here it is after a wash and a Jaguars decal put on the back window.

Ford Maverick Miracles can happen [updated with photo of my Avalanche Tremor Maverick @ home] 5ae66acd-26e6-49c9-a277-1fb7cffad7d5-jpe

Original post:

Ive been checking autotrader and Fords site almost everyday for months was almost ready to give up and buy a Mazda CX-5. Then this past Wednesday a miracle happened I was checking autotrader and noticed a Tremor that wasn't there the day before. Waited for the dealer to open called and they told me that an employee at the dealership had ordered it.

OK I thought no big deal back to the search but about an hour later I received a call from a salesman named Harley and he told me that the Tremor was actually available that the employee had already gotten something else. Awesome I said but how much are you selling it for so he goes into the normal B.S like we'll that depends are you trading in what's your credit all that. So I just straight out tell him I a pre-approved thru my credit union and I have an X plan.

He says let me ask my manager and I'm thinking he's going to call me back and say no way. Well I can hear him yell to his manager hey can we do an X plan on the Maverick Tremor. I couldn't hear his manager but Harley tells me sure we can do that. So he texts me a sale sheet and everything looks legit. He tells me the truck has not show up yet though and that if I wanted to give a deposit they'd pull it off of their site.

Well in my excited state of mind and given some of the stories I've seen on here I said I'll just come down today do all the paperwork so it's official then I'll just come back when the truck shows. He said OK if thats what you want to do we can do it. Now this dealership is 3 hours away so I leave work and am heading there and about an hour in Harley called me and my stomach dropped I knew it was to good to be true.

Harley says your not going to believe this but a shipment of vehicles just showed up and your truck was on it. I couldn't believe my luck so with 2 more hours to drive I was still a bit nervous that I would get there and there would be some kind of crazy markups or up sales. But honestly nothing this was the easiest new car buying experience I've ever had.

Just incase anyone wants to know the dealership is Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville TN and the salesman was Harley Williamson.

Ford Maverick Miracles can happen [updated with photo of my Avalanche Tremor Maverick @ home] DA5A6177-572C-4E8C-A0DE-0467F053E103

Ford Maverick Miracles can happen [updated with photo of my Avalanche Tremor Maverick @ home] 6CC9A206-7D20-4651-8E05-C088971BABE1

Ford Maverick Miracles can happen [updated with photo of my Avalanche Tremor Maverick @ home] FB3A6394-8A10-4CDC-90A9-54C374FFDCD9
Sponsored

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad it worked out for you. This is the same dealership who is mentioned in another thread where they sold a MTC members new Maverick to a cousin of the salesman and told him they could not show the truck to him due to a recall.

OP
OP
NoCoolNameDave

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad it worked out for you. This is the same dealership who is mentioned in another thread where they sold a MTC members new Maverick to a cousin of the salesman and told him they could not show the truck to him due to a recall.
Damn don't tell me that now you got me wondering if I stole someone's Tremor.

Sponsored

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah, that wasn't my point. Maybe they learned after some MTC members lit up their Google reviews and such. Nice truck!

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn don't tell me that now you got me wondering if I stole someone's Tremor.
After selling another member's truck to a family member, dealing with the dumpster fire it created, and selling to you at X-Plan pricing, I highly doubt you grabbed someone's Maverick. Congrats on the new ride. You will absolutely love it!

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive been checking autotrader and Fords site almost everyday for months was almost ready to give up and buy a Mazda CX-5. Then this past Wednesday a miracle happened I was checking autotrader and noticed a Tremor that wasn't there the day before. Waited for the dealer to open called and they told me that an employee at the dealership had ordered it.

OK I thought no big deal back to the search but about an hour later I received a call from a salesman named Harley and he told me that the Tremor was actually available that the employee had already gotten something else. Awesome I said but how much are you selling it for so he goes into the normal B.S like we'll that depends are you trading in what's your credit all that. So I just straight out tell him I a pre-approved thru my credit union and I have an X plan.

He says let me ask my manager and I'm thinking he's going to call me back and say no way. Well I can hear him yell to his manager hey can we do an X plan on the Maverick Tremor. I couldn't hear his manager but Harley tells me sure we can do that. So he texts me a sale sheet and everything looks legit. He tells me the truck has not show up yet though and that if I wanted to give a deposit they'd pull it off of their site.

Well in my excited state of mind and given some of the stories I've seen on here I said I'll just come down today do all the paperwork so it's official then I'll just come back when the truck shows. He said OK if thats what you want to do we can do it. Now this dealership is 3 hours away so I leave work and am heading there and about an hour in Harley called me and my stomach dropped I knew it was to good to be true.

Harley says your not going to believe this but a shipment of vehicles just showed up and your truck was on it. I couldn't believe my luck so with 2 more hours to drive I was still a bit nervous that I would get there and there would be some kind of crazy markups or up sales. But honestly nothing this was the easiest new car buying experience I've ever had.

Just incase anyone wants to know the dealership is Ted Russell Ford in Knoxville TN and the salesman was Harley Williamson.

DA5A6177-572C-4E8C-A0DE-0467F053E103.jpeg

6CC9A206-7D20-4651-8E05-C088971BABE1.jpeg

FB3A6394-8A10-4CDC-90A9-54C374FFDCD9.jpeg

Wait, this is the same dealer that screwed over another member. Mayve even same salesman. Are you sure that was not his?

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations! Pretty incredible turn of events there!

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's awesome! Congratulations!!! I really like the looks of that one! What's the MSRP on that one? Moonroof?

Grab a lottery ticket too!

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DA5A6177-572C-4E8C-A0DE-0467F053E103.jpeg

6CC9A206-7D20-4651-8E05-C088971BABE1.jpeg

FB3A6394-8A10-4CDC-90A9-54C374FFDCD9.jpeg
Fantastic story mate! Kinda similar to our maverick buying experience. We were waiting for the order banks to open. Sources kept changing on when they opened, some said September, others said October. We contacted our local Ford dealer for clarification on which month it was. They said October, turns out it was September and the order banks closed before we could place an order.

We contacted the dealership letting them know about what happened. They said we'll give you priority if a canceled order comes in. But as we wanted a xlt hybrid in area 51, things weren't looking good. We passed on a few orders, Ecoboosts mostly in lariat trim.

But after about a month, we got a call about a canceled order that was virtually identical to what we would have ordered, except it didn't have a bed liner. We were down there within half and hour, only paid MSRP. For anyone wondering, Larry H. Miller dealers aren't putting markups on most of their vehicles, particularly customer orders.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that's some seriously great news. I like hearing a good story. Congrats!!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats fantastic, like one in a million. Congratulations.
Now, Go Buy Lottery Tickets. You've got amazing Luck !!!:D