Sponsored

Day after two recalls - dash lit up, D blinking on shifter, stopped restarted and then it was gassing on its own. 4 weeks later lane centering broke

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will say I have an F150 as a loaner. While the MPG sucks I do plan on hauling mulch with it so that keeps my Maverick cleaner.
Sponsored

rret

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Frontier, 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a software engineer, I'll let them reflash my truck on the day I trade it for a new one. I know how twitchy it is to get a bunch of independent controllers on a bus to work together nicely on the best of days. I remember how often we would update one controller and it would break something else after it was released to the field (and we hadn't detected it in our testing).

I know this comes across a little smart-ass. But I did software for a living for thirty years. If it works, and it's safe, and it meets my needs, you ain't touching it.
Number one rule: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: nothing to update unfortunately.
It’s still in the shop.

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford corporate called me today and said they are still working on it and have escalated it. Not sure what that means as they said it was escalated earlier too. Maybe they are like a bank and their VPs.

My dealer offered me a Mach-E or a Bronco Sport after I asked them if they have anything else I could have. The F150 is nice but uses a ton of gas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another update from "Ford Engineering: They have acknowledged that this a larger issue affecting some of the '22 Hybrids. They are actively looking for the issue and a fix.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All kinds of messages so I pulled over and shut it off, restarted and then my Mav was stuck in a continual but slow acceleration. It was like the gas was being pressed even when it wasn't. Luckily brakes worked. I was able to get home and now have a tow on the way. Service engine light is on, but my scanner couldn't pick up any codes. Luckily, I have a warranty so they will be dropping off an F150.

I just had recall 23E09 and 23C41 completed yesterday.
Has Ford contacted you like they did me? The D on my instrument cluster was strobing a few times yesterday and a saw a green light for a nano-second on the tach. The green light I'm convinced is the high beam indicator. No issues with the rotary shifter.

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has Ford contacted you like they did me? The D on my instrument cluster was strobing a few times yesterday and a saw a green light for a nano-second on the tach. The green light I'm convinced is the high beam indicator. No issues with the rotary shifter.
Yes, I have a case manager or whatever they call it.

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tomorrow is 4 weeks without my Maverick. I think next time Ford calls I will ask them if they want to buy it back.

I love the truck but if I can’t drive it what use is it?

SoonerBrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What determines if you get a loaner? The dealer? Ford corporate? I have had this happen 3 times, it is currently at the dealer for the second time. I am concerned about my safety when driving the vehicle with this issue.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question for all of you: When you drive with your lights on (whether daytime or nighttime) does your green lights-on indicator stay on or off? If I am having an instrument panel issue, there's no way this is going to be able to be replicated at the dealership, particularly the Drive indicator strobing.

The green light indicator seems to be on in the mornings and evenings, but not during the afternoon. I'm going to test this theory on my way home from work today with the different headlight choices. When completely in the OFF position, no green light. Seems to come on for other choices, but not sure if it stays on for the daytime running headlights.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Question for all of you: When you drive with your lights on (whether daytime or nighttime) does your green lights-on indicator stay on or off? If I am having an instrument panel issue, there's no way this is going to be able to be replicated at the dealership, particularly the Drive indicator strobing.

The green light indicator seems to be on in the mornings and evenings, but not during the afternoon. I'm going to test this theory on my way home from work today with the different headlight choices. When completely in the OFF position, no green light. Seems to come on for other choices, but not sure if it stays on for the daytime running headlights.
The green light indicates that the tail lights are on, it should not be on for DRL. I'm in Canada (mandatory DRL), so it might be different in the US.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the hybrids seem to have this issue after the BCM update, I would hold off getting it done until there is a fix from Ford.

OP
OP
Random

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Edit: After “fix” the lane keeping system is not working. Not sure if it was the first “fix” or the fix to the “fix.”

Good news, exactly 4 weeks now and my truck is coming back today. Ford corporate released a new software update and they’ve updated all the trucks they’ve had and the issue has went away. Apparently my dealer had three or four in the shop for this issue. They plan to drop off my truck in about an hour and pick it up.

For the person that was asking about the loaner. I have the extended warranty that guarantees me a rental car.

Last edited:

SVTRIDE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good news, exactly 4 weeks now and my truck is coming back today. Ford corporate released a new software update and they’ve updated all the trucks they’ve had and the issue has went away. Apparently my dealer had three or four in the shop for this issue. They plan to drop off my truck in about an hour and pick it up.

For the person that was asking about the loaner. I have the extended warranty that guarantees me a rental car.
Can you post a copy of your service order write up (narrative part) that perhaps references the firmware release number? Might be helpful to those that are with similar condition and talking with a Service Writer that is clueless. Sorta help lead the witness to fixing the vehicle. Thanks
Sponsored