First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I have read, the start/stop engines get a heavy-duty starter designed to take the extra work. Time will tell!
I hope you're right. I once drove an older Escape for field service jobs and started/stopped the thing all day long. I had to replace the starter every two years which was a $500 job per. The Mav start/stop will be cycling much more than that so it just has me wondering but like you said, time will tell.
Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CP360 cross-traffic alert also works well, especially if you end up in a lot, parked between two giant vehicles like full-sized vans or gignormous pickup trucks, when you start to back out. Of course, it's best to back into spaces of this type when parking, but that's not always possible.
CP360 is a must-have option, in my humble opinion. :cool:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Itā€™s here! 2024 2.0t, AWD, 4K, BAP.

It is exactly what I had hoped for and more! I have been researching them ever since Ford announced they were gonna build it. I've read tons of reviews - so I had some preconceived ideas, but here are some first impressions.
  • The "cheap" plastic interior is much nicer than I expected. everything feels like quality materials.
  • I thought I would hate the stop/start feature, but it so quiet and seamless, I barely notice it.
  • The AWD got it's first taste of snow & ice, and it handled great! Very sure-footed, even on an icy slope.
  • The BAP interior trim is just that - trim. The base color is still dark blue, but I tell ya - the whole combo looks awesome!
  • I don't love the rims, looking at replacing with a different style.
  • The auto-high beams work way better than I expected!
  • The rotary shifter is weird, but not awful. I'll get used to it.
  • I actually like the brake-hold. my calf muscle aches while holding the brake, this is an unexpected bonus!
  • I hope I never have to rely on the emergency assistance braking, but I am glad it's there. I actually didn't know about this until I saw the window sticker.
  • Haven't towed anything yet, TBD!
Overall, I am so happy with it! It meets or exceeds all my expectations, and I look forward to putting some miles on it!

IMG_1596.jpg
We're very happy to hear that you're loving your new Maverick! šŸ˜Ž Thank you for sharing this with us and ford being a part of the Ford family!

Sponsored

OP
OP
tddawson

tddawson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT (ordered, not received)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We're very happy to hear that you're loving your new Maverick! šŸ˜Ž Thank you for sharing this with us and ford being a part of the Ford family!
Thank you! This site has been so helpful in making my decision, and I will be here a lot as I start planning my upgrades/mods!

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another thought. Driving home, the first station I tuned into started playing ā€œFor Those About to Rockā€ so of course I cranked it!! The stock speakers were very overmatched. (n) No bass at all. First upgrade!

Side note: I had already nicknamed the truck Angus. Back in Black! šŸ¤˜
Agreed on the speakers, flat sound even after messing with the equalizer. It is my only complain after two weeks

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

It is exactly what I had hoped for and more! I have been researching them ever since Ford announced they were gonna build it. I've read tons of reviews - so I had some preconceived ideas, but here are some first impressions.....................
Troy, I hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but did want to share;

I'm also in Minnesota and took delivery of my truck Monday night. I also have been please so far.

My only complaint is I couldn't connect the Sync 3 to our home wifi, despite having a transmitter in the garage. I could connect when I turned my phone into a hotspot, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the home wifi more than the truck. Perhaps it's picking up signal from too many transmitters on the same network?

I checked for updates, once connected, and it's all up to date, so that's good.

Separately, I haven't received my Ford Pass Rewards yet. They told me I'd get 42,000 points, and I have plans for them. I'll give that a couple more days before reaching out to see what's up.

Anyways, If you head towards Duluth keep your eyeballs peeled for an Atlas Blue Maverick wandering around! šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
tddawson

tddawson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed on the speakers, flat sound even after messing with the equalizer. It is my only complain after two weeks
I was pretty sure I would be upgrading the speakers, adding an amp & sub. After hearing it, this is now my #1 priority! (I'm no audiophile, but I do know that no bass and tons of distortion = bad.)

Sponsored

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Wife tested the brake assist, works just like it is suppose to. Thank God.
I was talking from experience I had a young child ran out in front of my Maverick although I did see him and I was on the brake the truck stopped immediately in its tracks faster then my foot could push the pedal to the floor. Of course I was driving at the proper speed because even the brake assist can't over ride the properties of physics like driving too fast! As you say thank God. Couldn't live with myself if I had hit the child.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It is exactly what I had hoped for and more! I have been researching them ever since Ford announced they were gonna build it. I've read tons of reviews - so I had some preconceived ideas, but here are some first impressions.
  • The "cheap" plastic interior is much nicer than I expected. everything feels like quality materials.
  • I thought I would hate the stop/start feature, but it so quiet and seamless, I barely notice it.
  • The AWD got it's first taste of snow & ice, and it handled great! Very sure-footed, even on an icy slope.
  • The BAP interior trim is just that - trim. The base color is still dark blue, but I tell ya - the whole combo looks awesome!
  • I don't love the rims, looking at replacing with a different style.
  • The auto-high beams work way better than I expected!
  • The rotary shifter is weird, but not awful. I'll get used to it.
  • I actually like the brake-hold. my calf muscle aches while holding the brake, this is an unexpected bonus!
  • I hope I never have to rely on the emergency assistance braking, but I am glad it's there. I actually didn't know about this until I saw the window sticker.
  • Haven't towed anything yet, TBD!
Overall, I am so happy with it! It meets or exceeds all my expectations, and I look forward to putting some miles on it!

IMG_1596.jpg
Nice. Tomorrow will be a week in my possession. I have been in them a few times before and driven two different ones but am really impressed overall with the quality of everything. I wasn't expecting luxury feel or anything but have been impressed with how 'solid' it feels.

Unfortunately I was not able to find one with BAP in the price range I wanted to pay but I tired to order one with it a couple of times to find out later it was not ordered.

Have to give us a profile shot to see the wheels. What would you be looking to replace with? I was not in love with the XLT wheels prior to purchasing and had planned to change them out at some point but they have been growing on me so we will see what happens.

Rotary shifter.... I am mostly use to it but miss having a center console shifter.

Door handles are taking some getting use to as I tend to grab and end up grabbing the missing spot... or should I say air.

Auto-high beams, I have not had the opportunity to see them in action yet, but love this feature. I had a used 1984 Lincoln Mark VII (I was a weird teenager when it came to cars) that had this feature and loved it but have never had a car since that had it.....I can't remember if my 09 F150 had it or not but I don't think so.

One thing I have not figured out yet and don't recall seeing in the manual. Is there a way to go to the next preset without touching the screen. It doesn't seem to be on the steering wheel, and the buttons on the 'radio' are just seek buttons.... :unsure:

OP
OP
tddawson

tddawson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Tomorrow will be a week in my possession. I have been in them a few times before and driven two different ones but am really impressed overall with the quality of everything. I wasn't expecting luxury feel or anything but have been impressed with how 'solid' it feels.

Unfortunately I was not able to find one with BAP in the price range I wanted to pay but I tired to order one with it a couple of times to find out later it was not ordered.

Have to give us a profile shot to see the wheels. What would you be looking to replace with? I was not in love with the XLT wheels prior to purchasing and had planned to change them out at some point but they have been growing on me so we will see what happens.

Rotary shifter.... I am mostly use to it but miss having a center console shifter.

Door handles are taking some getting use to as I tend to grab and end up grabbing the missing spot... or should I say air.

Auto-high beams, I have not had the opportunity to see them in action yet, but love this feature. I had a used 1984 Lincoln Mark VII (I was a weird teenager when it came to cars) that had this feature and loved it but have never had a car since that had it.....I can't remember if my 09 F150 had it or not but I don't think so.

One thing I have not figured out yet and don't recall seeing in the manual. Is there a way to go to the next preset without touching the screen. It doesn't seem to be on the steering wheel, and the buttons on the 'radio' are just seek buttons.... :unsure:
I have looked at 100ā€™s of wheels, and no closer to a decision! I will wait until spring in any case. Tomorrowā€™s weather is decent, Iā€™ll get more pics. I havenā€™t spent much time with the audio controls yet, I hope there is a way to do what your asking..

OP
OP
tddawson

tddawson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Troy, I hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but did want to share;

I'm also in Minnesota and took delivery of my truck Monday night. I also have been please so far.

My only complaint is I couldn't connect the Sync 3 to our home wifi, despite having a transmitter in the garage. I could connect when I turned my phone into a hotspot, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the home wifi more than the truck. Perhaps it's picking up signal from too many transmitters on the same network?

I checked for updates, once connected, and it's all up to date, so that's good.

Separately, I haven't received my Ford Pass Rewards yet. They told me I'd get 42,000 points, and I have plans for them. I'll give that a couple more days before reaching out to see what's up.

Anyways, If you head towards Duluth keep your eyeballs peeled for an Atlas Blue Maverick wandering around! šŸ˜Ž
Iā€™m too far away from my apartment to connect to WiFi, will have to try with a hotspot. Still no FordPass point for me yet, but it hasnā€™t even been a week yet.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as WiFi goes, check okla speed test from inside your car using your phone. If you're not getting 50MB or greater, then I'd look at another solution. Like a mesh network.
Sponsored