First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As you can see, I've gone 100 miles and around four and a half hours in the truck. The first 22 miles were for dealer prep and the test drive.

Ford Maverick First 100 Mile Impressions 2022-04-19 15.23.01

Thus far, the truck has been everything I wanted from it. It is good at what I bought it for. The bed is large enough for me to do my three time a week supply runs. And as you can see from the picture, the mileage has been better than advertised. It's almost three times better than the mileage on the 1990 Silverado this truck replaced.

Based on what I read here, I was prepared for a few issues. But I've had no issues with the hood shaking at highway speeds. The entertainment system has been solid both when I use Bluetooth and Android Auto. The only glitch with that is with the clock, which seems to reset for no reason. If it continues to do that, I'll let @Ford Motor Company and my dealer know but honestly, it's not that big of a deal. If it continues until I need to change the oil, I'll have them look at it then.

I also haven't had any issues with the dash or door rattling. And the brakes took a little getting used to but once I did, everything was fine.

I haven't gotten used to the dial shifter yet, but then, I pretty much turn it maybe five times per trip so that's easy to understand. And I'm not used to the push button parking brake. On the Silverado, I honestly never used it. On my Mustang, there's a lever to pull and release.

Thus far, I'm pleased with my truck. I'll do a 500 mile review when I hit that threshold. I may be able to do it on this initial tank of gas. That to me is amazing coming from a 13 mpg truck and an 18 mpg car.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As you can see, I've gone 100 miles and around four and a half hours in the truck. The first 22 miles were for dealer prep and the test drive.

2022-04-19 15.23.01.jpg

Thus far, the truck has been everything I wanted from it. It is good at what I bought it for. The bed is large enough for me to do my three time a week supply runs. And as you can see from the picture, the mileage has been better than advertised. It's almost three times better than the mileage on the 1990 Silverado this truck replaced.

Based on what I read here, I was prepared for a few issues. But I've had no issues with the hood shaking at highway speeds. The entertainment system has been solid both when I use Bluetooth and Android Auto. The only glitch with that is with the clock, which seems to reset for no reason. If it continues to do that, I'll let @Ford Motor Company and my dealer know but honestly, it's not that big of a deal. If it continues until I need to change the oil, I'll have them look at it then.

I also haven't had any issues with the dash or door rattling. And the brakes took a little getting used to but once I did, everything was fine.

I haven't gotten used to the dial shifter yet, but then, I pretty much turn it maybe five times per trip so that's easy to understand. And I'm not used to the push button parking brake. On the Silverado, I honestly never used it. On my Mustang, there's a lever to pull and release.

Thus far, I'm pleased with my truck. I'll do a 500 mile review when I hit that threshold. I may be able to do it on this initial tank of gas. That to me is amazing coming from a 13 mpg truck and an 18 mpg car.
Re. The dial shifter. I'm an old dog and I'm probably going to be reaching for the shift lever forever. Good thing I'm not back in the old days, I'd want my girlfriend to slide next to me on the bench seat. Won't miss the gas guzzlers though.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember driving a friend's 442 in the 70s. I literally watched the gas gauge visibly move as I drove. I mean, you could actually see the motion in real time as that thing guzzled premium gas like a drunken sailor.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Re. The dial shifter. I'm an old dog and I'm probably going to be reaching for the shift lever forever. Good thing I'm not back in the old days, I'd want my girlfriend to slide next to me on the bench seat. Won't miss the gas guzzlers though.
It's taken a while for me to get used to reaching down to the dial shifter instead of grabbing on to the lever on the steering column. You have to remember I was driving a 1990 Silverado before the Maverick.

I've gotten to the point where I don't do it every time. Maybe once or twice a week now.
Sponsored