First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT (Also, 2016 Civic)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed that every so often, I get a rattle from the passenger rear. Probably on the c-pillar somewhere. It comes and goes. It drives me nuts. The dash rattle hasn't reared its ugly head in quite a while.
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I get that occasionally in my CRV. The seat belt buckle will be sitting where it just barely touches something hard. Just a thought.
Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There has been lots of talk on this forum about rattling dashboards in the new Mavericks. Thanks to somebody who posted a fix that his wife recommended I was able to ascertain that the rattling is coming from the dash not fitting tightly against the windshield posts, on both sides. The photo shows the foam that I gently packed into the cracks with a thin, small screwdriver and the size of the foam. The rattle is 100% fixed.

IMG_1766.jpeg
Can you point out or explain a little better? You put the foam seal between the windshield and the pillar post or the bottom along the dash?
Thanks !!

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you VegasRed and your wife for your post ref. Using window seal foam.
Problem is 100% fixed!
My rattling was so bad that I had a case opened with Ford.
Used some foam that came with a recent purchase I made of a floor lamp and tucked it in between the dash and the firewall underneath the windshield where the right speaker is. Used the same tool I used to install the Kia auto Dimming mirror (trim remover)
All good now, thanks again!! 👍

Ford Maverick Dash rattle fix using foam window seal IMG_4024

Ford Maverick Dash rattle fix using foam window seal IMG_4026

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There has been lots of talk on this forum about rattling dashboards in the new Mavericks. Thanks to somebody who posted a fix that his wife recommended I was able to ascertain that the rattling is coming from the dash not fitting tightly against the windshield posts, on both sides. The photo shows the foam that I gently packed into the cracks with a thin, small screwdriver and the size of the foam. The rattle is 100% fixed.

IMG_1766.jpeg
Thanks for posting this. l cannot tell from your picture where exactly you installed the foam. (good job hiding it) Can you advise of the location or is it more trial and error to resolve each individual's rattle?

OP
OP
VegasRed

VegasRed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this. l cannot tell from your picture where exactly you installed the foam. (good job hiding it) Can you advise of the location or is it more trial and error to resolve each individual's rattle?
It’s between the dash and the windshield pillar. At first as a test I wriggled some thin sheets of paper in the crack, then when the rattle went away I got the foam for a (hopefully) more permanent fix.

Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm so very pleased with the results after inserting the foam behind the dashboard (right side) that I'll go ahead and extend the foam solution from the passenger side all the way to the driver side, that is if any pilar holding the dashboard is in the way.
Thanks again for this. 🙏

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noticed on my truck a 1/16"' gap between the dash and A pillar. Maybe problem solved by now?

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too have a rattle either in the dash, or near the mid front window speaker, in my 2023 XLT. Locating the exact point of the rattle is difficult, as it only happens when driving down a road with a rough surface! Living in Florida and the truck sitting out in the sun, I would not expect the window foam to last long, but to dry out and become a powder. However, I may give it a try to help pinpoint the location of the rattle. If the rattle stops, then I know it is where I put the foam in! Should it turn out to be the speaker wiring, the dealer is likely the one to repair that. I still have seven months of warranty.

By the way, I just received a letter from Ford about a recall on the taillight warning. It requires a software change. Anyone else get the letter?

Bandaid
Most of these foam products are not UV rated, and will indeed turn to dust after 1 summer. The M-D window foam used herein appears to be made of PVC closed cell foam which is supposed to be UV resistant. So that may work out well.

Sponsored

Kent Dixon Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_1766.jpeg
Hello, When I got my Maverick in 2022, I asked Ford to fix and they took the dash out and put in lots of sound deadening packing. I still have a "tick tick" noise coming from the dash. Its crazy! My Kia did not rattle this much! I'm gonna try the weather seal trick. Thanks for posting.

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is not adequate for drivers who believe a vehicle is just made to take you from point a to point b.
For a 22,000.00 Hybrid, Ford gave us a product we can be excited about, to think outside the box and look out for solutions to challenges such as the one we are covering here. From DQ straws to window seal foam solutions everything is possible! Thanks again Ford! 🙏

Last edited:

Timpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD GAS FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too have a rattle either in the dash, or near the mid front window speaker, in my 2023 XLT. Locating the exact point of the rattle is difficult, as it only happens when driving down a road with a rough surface! Living in Florida and the truck sitting out in the sun, I would not expect the window foam to last long, but to dry out and become a powder. However, I may give it a try to help pinpoint the location of the rattle. If the rattle stops, then I know it is where I put the foam in! Should it turn out to be the speaker wiring, the dealer is likely the one to repair that. I still have seven months of warranty.

By the way, I just received a letter from Ford about a recall on the taillight warning. It requires a software change. Anyone else get the letter?

Bandaid
Yes, same here on the recall.

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_1766.jpeg
That’s a nice fix, but in the end, it’s a losing game as entropy will prevail and rattles will occur. I have a 2008 Ford Ranger that’s getting pretty rattly My solution is just to turn up Tom Petty a lot louder.
Sponsored