Sponsored

Cruise Control for XL: Factory hack or Rostra?

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question:
The factory hack of switching steering wheels or just switches and then reprogramming with Forscan is obviously the least expensive and looks entirely factory. But people are fiddling with control coding (hacking, so to speak)

Rostra is more expensive, looks not as nice. But not changing anything Ford did.

Is there any reason to prefer the Rostra install? Is it possible for instance that Ford might do future updates themselves that would overwrite the changes people are making. Or the changes people are making would cause a problem down the road if Ford updates?

Just curious. There are businesses that will install the Rostra kits. But I've not heard of any businesses willing to go in and change the Ford computer settings. Maybe there is a reason?
Sponsored

hungliketictacs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick EcoBoost FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't think of any reasons to prefer the rostra. Forscan is something shops will certainly edit though if they don't it's dummy proof enough you can certainly diy.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OEM Factory is the only way to go ! All Forscan is doing is turning on something that was off.
If your ever driving through North Atlanta, Georgia, send me a private message/conversation and we can get it done!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installing factory cruise control isn't a hack, since it uses Ford's actual hardware and software settings. Should a Ford dealer reset the settings during service or something, you can just set them again.

Rostra is actually a hack, since it uses non-Ford hardware and software.
Sponsored