Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was cruising through a preserve and I saw a F150 with this camper. The guy gave me a tour and I liked it. A problem for me with the Maverick is that the bed is too short to sleep in on camping trips. This would have a bed over the cab when the top is popped. Here's a video:

I called up the manufacturer and they will make a model for the Maverick coming out this winter.
Sponsored

Montykeel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011Escape Hybrid and 2022 XL Poverty Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one in the Thrifty Overlander video is a one off custom job. Probably not very thrifty. Very interested to see what Four Wheel Campers, the brand in the first video, decides to build for Maverick. Check out their Project M.

Montykeel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011Escape Hybrid and 2022 XL Poverty Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called up the manufacturer and they will make a model for the Maverick coming out this winter.
Hmmm. I called Four Wheel Campers, the maker of the camper in the still shot, this afternoon. The gentleman that I spoke to assured me that they have looked into the Maverick and, due to the bed size, have NO intention or interest in making a camper for it. I truly hope he was mistaken but will not get my hopes up

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm. I called Four Wheel Campers, the maker of the camper in the still shot, this afternoon. The gentleman that I spoke to assured me that they have looked into the Maverick and, due to the bed size, have NO intention or interest in making a camper for it. I truly hope he was mistaken but will not get my hopes up
I reached out to Four Wheel Campers maybe a month ago regarding a camper shell for the Maverick and it's not great news. Here is the response email that I received.

Hi <MostlySafeBear>,

Thank you for thinking of us!

We will be exploring whether our Project M topper product will attach to a Maverick this Fall.

Early indications are the bed rails may not be robust enough for us to attach. This product

would weigh from 350 – 500lbs on a Maverick depending upon accessories selected.

I suggest going here to check or emailing us in October.

https://fourwheelcampers.com/model/project-m/

Have a great weekend!

Dan

OP
OP

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Damn, looks like I talked to the wrong guy. Well, on to plan B, C...................