Sponsored

Confirmed: No Temperature Readouts on Dial for MY23 or any MY22 not already built

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I would like to know is if the elimination of the digital temp display on the a/c dial is just the most obvious sign that the automatic electronic temp control a/c has been replaced with manual a/c. The automatic a/c has sun and temp sensors to keep the temp at the temp set on the knob. The manual a/c just allows the temp to be set warmer or cooler, but does not maintain a set temp. Thus, there would be no need for a digital readout.
The Maverick order guide and brochure says that XL and XLT models only get the manual a/c, so maybe somebody at Ford realized they are delivering more than promised in the XL and XLT, and decided they are now only to produce to specs.
Its still Auto Climate control. they just relocated the temp display to the radio head unit.
Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I got my Lariat yesterday and it doesn’t have the temp readouts
Reading on the Bronco Sport forum (since they lost the read outs for the 22MY) people confirmed just swapping the control panel works
I have a minty one coming from a salvage yard out of a wrecked 21 BS that I’ll be installing
Once it arrives I’ll confirm whether or not it works for the Maverick

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Confirmed, got my truck a few days ago, it was built the first week of june and I don't have the readout, doesn't bother me but it would have been the cherry on top.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

5 minute swap time…. Way easier than changing it in a Bronco Sport
The tough part will be finding a Maverick specific controller (this one has a picture of a Bronco Sport on the recirc button AND this has a general defrost button instead of purely mirrors since Mavericks didn’t get rear defroster)

I got this controller from a junkyard via eBay…. Make sure the auction has clear pictures so you don’t get a junky panel for your new truck (First one I got in had a scratched screen)

Our controller is in a piece only held on with 4 clips, just grab and pull
It is seriously the easiest swap ever

Ford Maverick Confirmed: No Temperature Readouts on Dial for MY23 or any MY22 not already built D66A0142-3089-4A20-8860-834378F77ED5
Ford Maverick Confirmed: No Temperature Readouts on Dial for MY23 or any MY22 not already built 684748C3-9B63-4F1D-94BC-4DEE1D969040
Ford Maverick Confirmed: No Temperature Readouts on Dial for MY23 or any MY22 not already built BF582BF3-2EC9-41DB-9D32-B3468F2809DC

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
out of (bi)curiosity - can you add dual climate control with just a dual control panel?

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get being bugged by the lack of the readouts, but what I don’t get is being OK with a rear defrost button. Those are equally annoying.

Can you purchase a Maverick unit new with the readouts?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Weird how people get hung up on dopey "luxury items".

And BTW guys, I hope you understand that the temp numbers on them fancy dials aren't absolute or anything. They are no more effective or accurate then a blue/red rotary dial.

They did this with the Bronco Sport. My '21 had the temp on the dial. My '22 doesn't. No big deal to me. It's on the display. Some just look for things to complain about.

BF5EEE40-5ED1-46BE-BBCD-05C19465AEE2_1_201_a.jpeg

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Yeah, but the numbers!!!!

😭

That's correct. As someone on the Bronco Sport forum said, if you're hot, you're gonna turn the temp down and if you're cold, you're gonna turn it up. Does it matter what the number is if you can or cannot see it? You're still going to change the temp and then it will pop up on the screen when you turn the knob.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
5 minute swap time…. Way easier than changing it in a Bronco Sport
The tough part will be finding a Maverick specific controller (this one has a picture of a Bronco Sport on the recirc button AND this has a general defrost button instead of purely mirrors since Mavericks didn’t get rear defroster)

I got this controller from a junkyard via eBay…. Make sure the auction has clear pictures so you don’t get a junky panel for your new truck (First one I got in had a scratched screen)

Our controller is in a piece only held on with 4 clips, just grab and pull
It is seriously the easiest swap ever
Nice work! I doubt I'll do the swap, I've gotten used to it as-is, but nice to know it's that easy.

And BTW guys, I hope you understand that the temp numbers on them fancy dials aren't absolute or anything. They are no more effective or accurate then a blue/red rotary dial.
Well when someone gets a "Lariat Luxury" package I kind of WANT all of the fancy dials... but as said above it doesn't bother me in this case. Bigger screen would have been nice..

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I get being bugged by the lack of the readouts, but what I don’t get is being OK with a rear defrost button. Those are equally annoying.

I’m going to swap the buttons too
Last night I was tired and wasn’t in a place to mess with it, tomorrow or Thursday I’ll dig out the scratched panel and practice popping the buttons off

Will report back

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The real reason it bothered me so much is the no option XLT I drove for 6 months had the number but my waited for 8 months “fully loaded” Lariat didn’t
If it had been a difficult or expensive swap I wouldn’t have bothered but this cost me $130 and 5 minutes
Totally worth it

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Am I the only one that is slightly bothered by what appears to be the heated steering wheel button being closer to the passenger than the driver? What is that blank button a placeholder for that the heated wheel button couldn't be closer to the driver?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Am I the only one that is slightly bothered by what appears to be the heated steering wheel button being closer to the passenger than the driver? What is that blank button a placeholder for that the heated wheel button couldn't be closer to the driver?
You aren’t the only one

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Button pop off real easy (when the panel is out of the car)
I’m not sure how you could get them off while it’s installed without damaging the surrounding buttons
But confirmed you can switch the button faces
Ford Maverick Confirmed: No Temperature Readouts on Dial for MY23 or any MY22 not already built 132EDCDD-B0A1-4CA7-AD70-75B5CA569577

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They did this with the Bronco Sport. My '21 had the temp on the dial. My '22 doesn't. No big deal to me. It's on the display. Some just look for things to complain about.

BF5EEE40-5ED1-46BE-BBCD-05C19465AEE2_1_201_a.jpeg
So mine should be getting built soon. that means I wont have the temp but I will have it on the Nav screen ? just checking ... not a biggie for me since that is how my ranger functions LOL
Sponsored