First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick means more to me than just a new truck. It has come to be a therapeutic outlet. In December of 2021, my 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71, 100 year edition caught fire while parked in my driveway and subsequently set aflame my home. All of us, including the dogs, were able to escape unharmed, but our home, while not a total loss, was deemed a major loss. It's devastating, but I cannot imagine how one might deal with a total loss or loss of life.

So, in shopping for a new vehicle, we looked at the Maverick and it has immeasurably helped me to move forward by learning as much as I can about this exciting new truck. Whenever I find myself looping that terrible early morning in my head, I turn to this forum for new ideas and thoughtful discussions. In that respect, I want to thank the members of the Maverick Truck Club, who, no doubt innocent of their therapeutic roles in my life, have done much to help my family and I through a tough time.

I'd be interested to hear from other members how the Maverick has impacted their lives for the better and not just in terms of acquiring a new car.

Again, thank you Maverick and thank you members.
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My son woke me up at 5 this morning and I was grumpy ever since until reading this. My Mav has made me a much more chill driver. I try to maximize my MPG by taking it easy and cruising. You want to cut in front of me? I don’t care. I’m saving money by braking! The versatility and flexibility it gives me in the future is huge for my family. I have no idea what my son will get into!

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My son woke me up at 5 this morning and I was grumpy ever since until reading this. My Mav has made me a much more chill driver. I try to maximize my MPG by taking it easy and cruising. You want to cut in front of me? I don’t care. I’m saving money by braking! The versatility and flexibility it gives me in the future is huge for my family. I have no idea what my son will get into!
Same here. I'm in the "Mav Moment" when I'm driving it. Great post.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I haven't bought a brand new vehicle in 28 years and have never ordered one either.

This is therapy for me and a whole bunch of friends and family who are super excited as well.

Frustrating with the delay but worrying about things you don't control is the recipe for a life of unhappiness.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry about your house. Thats rough. I lost a beautiful 79 Ford 4x4 Van to a fire a few years ago. For a short time while I transitioned to island life it was my actual home. I still have trophies on my wall that I got from dirty vanners at Mid Western Truck-ins. I kept the shell since the axles and transfer case are good, maybe even the block. Since theyn we have had some rough luck with our cars, our first Eagle rusted away, our CJ rusted away(however it gave its heart to our new Eagle and I married the engine to trans on thrursday), our daily driver 96 Bronco developed what is most likely a blown head gasket. So we figured that was the last straw. I wanted a new Bronco but just could afford the price of a Sasquatch or Badlands model. But I had been looking at the Mavericks, I used to own a sweet 74 Shelby Mav before I met my wife. I liked the size since I can beli.eve that some Rangers bigger than my 96 FSB, I used to have a 92 Ranger 4.0 5spd that I loved. So after test driving a Bronco Sport with the 2.0 and looking at the size of the bed and hearing that the cabin was roomier than a new Ranger we decided to go ahead and order with Granger. It will be a long wait but that will give us time to save up money for either a better down payment or to fly to the mainland, pick it up in person, then drive to Texas to see my dads trailer park(since I'm the last of his children to go there), then have a nice epic trip across the south west so we can ship it to our island home. It also helps that I am finally providing a vehicle with A/C and reliability to my cancer survivor wife.

This truck will change our lives, even more so than us buying a full sized stove/oven the other day for our small cabin. We have a motto, it is really the end of our wedding vows, "life keeps getting better with you every day in every way".

Aloha

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry to hear of your story... tragic...

I don't have my Maverick yet, but like Clarkdonbran said, I hope the hybrid makes me a calmer driver. I think I'm ready to slow down and enjoy my commutes to work/home more (albeit it's only a 20-30 minute drive) rather than just trying to get there and back as quickly as (safely) possible. I also know its a budget truck, but I am going for the Lariat with lux package so I am looking forward to treating myself to a little finer of a vehicle than my current car.

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about your house. Thats rough. I lost a beautiful 79 Ford 4x4 Van to a fire a few years ago. For a short time while I transitioned to island life it was my actual home. I still have trophies on my wall that I got from dirty vanners at Mid Western Truck-ins. I kept the shell since the axles and transfer case are good, maybe even the block. Since theyn we have had some rough luck with our cars, our first Eagle rusted away, our CJ rusted away(however it gave its heart to our new Eagle and I married the engine to trans on thrursday), our daily driver 96 Bronco developed what is most likely a blown head gasket. So we figured that was the last straw. I wanted a new Bronco but just could afford the price of a Sasquatch or Badlands model. But I had been looking at the Mavericks, I used to own a sweet 74 Shelby Mav before I met my wife. I liked the size since I can beli.eve that some Rangers bigger than my 96 FSB, I used to have a 92 Ranger 4.0 5spd that I loved. So after test driving a Bronco Sport with the 2.0 and looking at the size of the bed and hearing that the cabin was roomier than a new Ranger we decided to go ahead and order with Granger. It will be a long wait but that will give us time to save up money for either a better down payment or to fly to the mainland, pick it up in person, then drive to Texas to see my dads trailer park(since I'm the last of his children to go there), then have a nice epic trip across the south west so we can ship it to our island home. It also helps that I am finally providing a vehicle with A/C and reliability to my cancer survivor wife.

This truck will change our lives, even more so than us buying a full sized stove/oven the other day for our small cabin. We have a motto, it is really the end of our wedding vows, "life keeps getting better with you every day in every way".

Aloha
Great stories! I love how you put the Maverick above your new oven/stove! Spoken like a true auto enthusiast!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great stories! I love how you put the Maverick above your new oven/stove! Spoken like a true auto enthusiast!
We have been eating our meals every night for a decade on a 2 burner camp stove. with a 10" oven. That was a big deal. But A/C in the tropics is gonna be wild!

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have been eating our meals every night for a decade on a 2 burner camp stove. with a 10" oven. That was a big deal. But A/C in the tropics is gonna be wild!
Oh my! Well, here's to better days ahead!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh my! Well, here's to better days ahead!
We are just trend setters. My wife was into the tiny home thing when they were called cabins, she built ours herself. I was living in vans before anybody made money on youtube living in a van lol! We live a fun life. And the Maverick will make a great addition.

Sponsored

TopGunGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick means more to me than just a new truck. It has come to be a therapeutic outlet. In December of 2021, my 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71, 100 year edition caught fire while parked in my driveway and subsequently set aflame my home. All of us, including the dogs, were able to escape unharmed, but our home, while not a total loss, was deemed a major loss. It's devastating, but I cannot imagine how one might deal with a total loss or loss of life.

So, in shopping for a new vehicle, we looked at the Maverick and it has immeasurably helped me to move forward by learning as much as I can about this exciting new truck. Whenever I find myself looping that terrible early morning in my head, I turn to this forum for new ideas and thoughtful discussions. In that respect, I want to thank the members of the Maverick Truck Club, who, no doubt innocent of their therapeutic roles in my life, have done much to help my family and I through a tough time.

I'd be interested to hear from other members how the Maverick has impacted their lives for the better and not just in terms of acquiring a new car.

Sorry for your loss friend, I think of it almost the same but I didn't have what happened to you. More a personal relationship situation. Think reverse "Misery" and you are almost there.

Condolences.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well first off, sorry to hear of all that damage, but happy to hear the whole family was ok. Glad you can leverage the truck to keep moving forward. God's blessing on ya @Dad , keep positive!

My quick points:
- Living in Colorado with young boys, need to get OUTSIDE and do as the Romans do here; camping, hiking, etc. Nothing is more important to me than being a dad to this little dudes nowadays, I've had my decades of selfish fun.
- Neither my slammed Civic EK, nor my slammed LS460L were well aligned with those intended activities. So I sold the Civic, ordered the Mav, and received in in early Jan.
- Intent is to create memories and adventures with my boys. That is truly why I went with the Mav, cause I didn't need another vehicle to commute and run around town.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow your story is powerful in that you’ve had such great loss, but yet you push forward. So happy to hear that your family, including your fur babies are okay. Possessions can be replaced.

I had a drunk driver hit me in my 2009 Ford Ranger and flipped it. Spun in the middle of an intersection. My coworker and friend was with me as we were coming back from having lunch. I’ll tell you my life flashed before my very eyes. What was mere seconds seems like minutes. I was amazed and how people jumped out their cars to help us. Since the top was crushed the doors wouldn’t open, but that didn’t stop Good Samaritans from using a crowbar to get us out. I walked around in shock, felt numb wasn’t even sure where I was. For a long time I had such high anxiety when I would drive. It eventually passed, but I think about that accident often when I am driving.

I have focused on the Maverick, reading, watching YouTube videos and anything else. It’s been fun learning about it and then eventually seeing what everyone has been doing with them. I finally did get mine and I have to say it’s more than I ever thought it would be. It means a lot to me and because of my experience, I feel safe in this truck. That Ford Ranger did a heck of a job protecting us and I have no doubt this Maverick will do the same.

I am happy to hear that the Maverick has been an outlet for you to keep you connected and thinking beyond the trauma that happened. It is an important part of moving past such events. You’ve had a loss, but like in my situation it could have been oh so much worse. I truly feel blessed to just be alive.

Bless you and your family.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for your loss friend, I think of it almost the same but I didn't have what happened to you. More a personal relationship situation. Think reverse "Misery" and you are almost there.

Condolences.
Thank you and back at you. I was interested in how many other people saw the new Maverick as a fresh beginning or a happy and productive diversion. It was the passion and enthusiasm that I saw on this club site that prompted me to start the thread. It seems almost everyone has some kind of emotional investment in the Maverick.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear of your story... tragic...

I don't have my Maverick yet, but like Clarkdonbran said, I hope the hybrid makes me a calmer driver. I think I'm ready to slow down and enjoy my commutes to work/home more (albeit it's only a 20-30 minute drive) rather than just trying to get there and back as quickly as (safely) possible. I also know its a budget truck, but I am going for the Lariat with lux package so I am looking forward to treating myself to a little finer of a vehicle than my current car.
Thank you. I'm more careful when I'm driving the Maverick, as well. Now, there is that factor of knowing if something happens to the vehicle, I may not see it for a few months while it sits in a shop awaiting parts. You'll love the Lariat with the luxury package. Far from a "budget truck".
Sponsored