mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, the culture of this forum is baffling. It's a sweet mod, the guy is proud enough to share it with the board, and like 30% of the response posts are directly or indirectly saying "you spent too much money on that". WTF.

That look is pure class OP :love:

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Totally off topic but I thought the '24 Lariats came standard with black painted mirrors not plastic. I know that the Lariat comes standard with the optional equipment from '22 and '23 such as the Lariat Luxury Package, FCP360 and Assist package. But I would've thought since it's the top trim, they would keep the painted mirrors and not cheap out on plastic ones like the XL or XLT. What's even weirder is that I saw a few Maverick XLTs on our lot today that had black painted mirrors that I would've expected on the Lariat. What's going on? Are they cherry picking what gets painted and what gets plastic?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Man, the culture of this forum is baffling. It's a sweet mod, the guy is proud enough to share it with the board, and like 30% of the response posts are directly or indirectly saying "you spent too much money on that". WTF.

Yeah this forum can be really rough with all the opinions given by people that are not familiar with how forums work

love the stealth wrap! And just think in a few years the paint won’t have any rock chips or scratches!

Sponsored

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the look of a matte finish on a vehicle. This looks absolutely killer. But it damn well better, for a quarter of the price of the vehicle (a base XL, anyway). I think that's the tough part for most people to stomach because for many of us, the low price of the vehicle was/is part of its appeal.

But regardless - seems like there will always people who see others enjoying something, and that makes them feel the need to sh*t on it. :( Something I'll never understand.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's beautiful no doubt. I say if you got the dough, go ahead and blow. I would if I could.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A nice unique way to make it a little different than other silver Mavericks on the road, and cheaper than a repaint of the vehicle.

Junk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 hybrid lariat on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks awesome. Congrats.

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks nice but damn $5k. That’s like a whole new paint job. Maybe for $2k I’d do it.
Still looks good though.

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Totally off topic but I thought the '24 Lariats came standard with black painted mirrors not plastic. I know that the Lariat comes standard with the optional equipment from '22 and '23 such as the Lariat Luxury Package, FCP360 and Assist package. But I would've thought since it's the top trim, they would keep the painted mirrors and not cheap out on plastic ones like the XL or XLT. What's even weirder is that I saw a few Maverick XLTs on our lot today that had black painted mirrors that I would've expected on the Lariat. What's going on? Are they cherry picking what gets painted and what gets plastic?
The black painted mirrors are for the BAP I believe.

Edit: I think that was just on previous years. 24s look to all have black mirrors.

Last edited:

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided

Have to disagree, $5,800 is a lot of money to some of the people on this forum.
And if I were younger, I would rather (having done many back in the day) do an engine swap.
Sponsored