Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
I must've drove through some kind of blue grease. Not coming from Mybrid. I searched here and Cerakote and 303 seem to be a protective coating I will be looking at. I tried dry rag and no go(smearing).

I went through touchless car wash and had the spray wax selected. It was in the 80s so i drove around a bit to dry off. Got home buffed out mirrors and windows and wiped down. Noticed the grease on back black plastic. No mud flaps installed. Probably will now. Just wondering if someone knows of a for sure go to that will work on what sounds like a really easily plastic to possibly ruin.
Sponsored

WatchYourSix

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take a look at Xenit orange cleaner by Stoner to remove grease from plastic. It's potent and I've always had good experiences using it on plastic and metal. I can't imagine it would stain exterior plastics but I'm not sure it's safe on painted metal so definitely do some research.

Edit: Probably not safe for paint and "some plastics" If it did stain the plastic, you could always use some Solution Finish or other trim restorer to make the plastic like new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BluegrassNbass

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Take a look at Xenit orange cleaner by Stoner to remove grease from plastic. It's potent and I've always had good experiences using it on plastic and metal. I can't imagine it would stain exterior plastics but I'm not sure it's safe on painted metal so definitely do some research.

Edit: Probably not safe for paint and "some plastics" If it did stain the plastic, you could always use some Solution Finish or other trim restorer to make the plastic like new.
I think I will try their Tar remover. The orange Xenit sounds like it potentially could ruin the plastic and will take coating off paint.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I will try their Tar remover. The orange Xenit sounds like it potentially could ruin the plastic and will take coating off paint.
Keep us posted please! I think that’s what I have on the plastic trim under my passenger door. I’ve tried the black plastic coating stuff but it didn’t work.
Sponsored