BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What product is good to clean the exterior black trim? The bed rail caps, bumper, etc...

I have some Griots Garage products for inside detailing.

Truck is basically new so don't know if I need a general trim cleaner or restorer product.
Sponsored

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor Lariat, 2021 Santa Fe Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What product is good to clean the exterior black trim? The bed rail caps, bumper, etc...

Truck is basically new so don't know if I need a general trim cleaner or restorer product.
I use Adam's Graphene VRT, works great & dry to the touch after application. I use Adam's products on my vehicles for 21 years.

Ford Maverick Help Cleaning exterior black trim Tremor trim

AF Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I use Adam's Graphene VRT, works great & dry to the touch after application. I use Adam's products on my vehicles for 21 years.

Tremor trim.jpg
If that is the result you get ... I'm going to pick some up ... looks very good.

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I managed to get ceramic wax on the black trim around the top of the bed and below the doors. Tried several plastic cleaning products and lots of elbow grease. Got a lot of it off but still have a couple areas that look pretty dingy. Wonder if this stuff will restore the black color of the trim.

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If that is the result you get ... I'm going to pick some up ... looks very good.
Thanks!! Yup that's the result, I also use Adams Advanced graphene ceramic coating on the paint

Last edited:

Sponsored

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I managed to get ceramic wax on the black trim around the top of the bed and below the doors. Tried several plastic cleaning products and lots of elbow grease. Got a lot of it off but still have a couple areas that look pretty dingy. Wonder if this stuff will restore the black color of the trim.
Ceramic coating is really not a wax, it's a protective layer that protects your paint from the elements & contaminants. Car wax makes your paint appear nicer & richer. Most likely you were using a wax that got on your trim because the ceramic coating will not leave any residue on the trim, at least not Adam's,
Adam's Graphene VRT darkens, restore & protect trims. Hope this helps

dasblack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Tremor trim.jpg
Wow, nice! Gonna get me some, thanks!

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Cleaning doesn't help,you need a product restorer.disapointed how quickly it faded on our 4 month old maverick!

Lightning

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Tremor trim.jpg
They owe you some commission. You just got me to wanna buy some with that photo! Would it also work on the top of a trifold hard cover? Also do you have a picture of the exact product used? I see a few when I googled it.

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ceramic coating is really not a wax, it's a protective layer that protects your paint from the elements & contaminants. Car wax makes your paint appear nicer & richer. Most likely you were using a wax that got on your trim because the ceramic coating will not leave any residue on the trim, at least not Adam's,
Adam's Graphene VRT darkens, restore & protect trims. Hope this helps
Hi, thanks for the explanation. I went back and looked at the bottle of stuff I was using. It says it is a combination ceramic and wax. Guessing, based on your info, that I'm trying to get the wax off - not the ceramic. I just ordered a bottle of the stuff you suggested. Hope it makes my trim look good again. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Tremor trim.jpg
Looks great! I use their advanced graphene ceramic spray and it's been very good. Easy to apply, great shine and lasts a good while. My mav is still beading from the last application in the fall.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, thanks for the explanation. I went back and looked at the bottle of stuff I was using. It says it is a combination ceramic and wax. Guessing, based on your info, that I'm trying to get the wax off - not the ceramic. I just ordered a bottle of the stuff you suggested. Hope it makes my trim look good again. Thanks for posting.
i think youā€™re going to need to get that wax off before you add anything else. I had carnuba wax residue on my trim and used - Motherā€™s Back to Black Trim and Plastic Restorer - to remove it. Had to scrub like hell and got about 95% off with first round. Iā€˜ll do a second round in a few weeks when itā€™s warmer outside.

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They owe you some commission. You just got me to wanna buy some with that photo! Would it also work on the top of a trifold hard cover? Also do you have a picture of the exact product used? I see a few when I googled it.
Ha ha ha I wish!! Yes it will work on hard cover, I use it on my retractable hard cover along with all my plastic trims. The Graphene tire dressing works great on tires & the detailer pro's at Adam's also use it for their trims. Hope this helps.

Ford Maverick Help Cleaning exterior black trim Graphene tire

Ford Maverick Help Cleaning exterior black trim Tonneau wash

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i think youā€™re going to need to get that wax off before you add anything else. I had carnuba wax residue on my trim and used - Motherā€™s Back to Black Trim and Plastic Restorer - to remove it. Had to scrub like hell and got about 95% off with first round. Iā€˜ll do a second round in a few weeks when itā€™s warmer outside.
This should help

Ford Maverick Help Cleaning exterior black trim Trim Restorer
Sponsored