Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
U got it sir.still learning after 15 yrs

I'm attending a marine coating class at autogreek in Florida I constantly try products and believe if u can't be humble and learn from all sources then u are doomed
Concourse detailing
Is s lost art..too many know it alls
I admire your work ethic. One should never stop learning. Many years ago, I worked with a detailing business partner. At the time, the champagne of auto treatment was Meguiars and each detailer had their own special formula and application process. It was fun, we were kids (late 20s') and it was more a reason to enjoy exotic automobiles. Clearly, you've progressed to a higher level. Best of luck in this new year. Good talk . . . now go polish something. :)
Sponsored

Patriot-ceramics

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.patriot-ceramics.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 GTI, '11 Infiniti FX35, '23 Atlas Blue Mave XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I admire your work ethic. One should never stop learning. Many years ago, I worked with a detailing business partner. At the time, the champagne of auto treatment was Meguiars and each detailer had their own special formula and application process. It was fun, we were kids (late 20s') and it was more a reason to enjoy exotic automobiles. Clearly, you've progressed to a higher level. Best of luck in this new year. Good talk . . . now go polish something. 
Thnk you man.
I appreciate it.
Yeah, no matter the craft you must continue evolving.
It is Jan in Denver not a ton of cars to do....but u do have a couple coming up.
March thru Sept is crazy for me!...we are also getting ready to open a small shop space.....
Happy 23 and I hope I get my maverick next wk! Then I'll have something to polish:)

• Love
Reactions: Dad

Ren E Gade

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, BAP, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used Flex Wax with great results since it came out about 2 years ago on my wife's Ioniq. It basically lasts forever by using it as a topper or drying aid. I love the spray on hose off technique especially for wheels. Applied too heavy it can haze but is easy to fix with a damp microfiber.
Griot's 3 in 1 is similar without the spray on hose off and seems to have a better gloss on white & silver (Flex seems better on dark colors).
All that said, I prefer a real coating & have had the best application experience with McKee's 37 Graphene Ceramic Coating & will be using the 2.0 version when (if) I get my Maverick. McKee's also has a spray on hose off topper (Hydro blue / graphene) great for grills, wheels, running boards etc.
ScottHD on YouTube has done a lot of testing of detailing products & keeps a spreadsheet on their durability here.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I prefer the clay mitt over the bar. Its much faster and works great. I mix 2 pails with car wash. Wash and rinse a area then clay mitt and rinse the same area with the clean pail of soap. Rubbing alcahal after to remove anything else like pine pitch bugs tar etc.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used Flex Wax with great results since it came out about 2 years ago on my wife's Ioniq. It basically lasts forever by using it as a topper or drying aid. I love the spray on hose off technique especially for wheels. Applied too heavy it can haze but is easy to fix with a damp microfiber.
Griot's 3 in 1 is similar without the spray on hose off and seems to have a better gloss on white & silver (Flex seems better on dark colors).
All that said, I prefer a real coating & have had the best application experience with McKee's 37 Graphene Ceramic Coating & will be using the 2.0 version when (if) I get my Maverick. McKee's also has a spray on hose off topper (Hydro blue / graphene) great for grills, wheels, running boards etc.
ScottHD on YouTube has done a lot of testing of detailing products & keeps a spreadsheet on their durability here.
Very helpful and informative post. Many thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick2112

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I prefer the clay mitt over the bar. Its much faster and works great. I mix 2 pails with car wash. Wash and rinse a area then clay mitt and rinse the same area with the clean pail of soap. Rubbing alcahal after to remove anything else like pine pitch bugs tar etc.
That sounds like a good strategy! Do the mitts last a while, or one-and done?

Ren E Gade

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, BAP, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds like a good strategy! Do the mitts last a while, or one-and done?
They last a lot longer and if you drop them you can wash them off. A open mesh style will leave less marring on the paint. Mckee's 37 makes a nice clay mitt and diy detail makes a nice clay towel. When storing the clay side should not be down or folded where it will stick to itself or your shelf. I keep my mitt in the original blister pack after it dries.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They last a lot longer and if you drop them you can wash them off. A open mesh style will leave less marring on the paint. Mckee's 37 makes a nice clay mitt and diy detail makes a nice clay towel. When storing the clay side should not be down or folded where it will stick to itself or your shelf. I keep my mitt in the original blister pack after it dries.
Great stuff here, guys. Many thanks!

OP
OP
Maverick2112

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should try ceramic coating. A lot of work but worth the effort

20220702_181954.jpg
Looks Great ! Did you do it yourself and, if so, can you share your experience and product suggestions?

Sponsored

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did u like the coating?
I'm a new sponsor here and own a professional ceramic biz.
It is great to see people chatting about all kinds of paint protection.
There is SO much Information that gets conflated..detailing is the most misunderstood art probably ever.

The words polishing waxing coating all get lumped in together.

I'll say this much a TRUE ceramic coating will 99 percent of the time come in a glass bottle.
All the turtle wax and "ceramic sprays" are extremely diluted SI02 compounds that get added to water fragrance etc

A true ceramic has two components the ceramic si02(or graphene) essentially the sacrificial layer and the solvent carrier used to keep it in solution.

All the other ceramic sprays in the world have 1 eight of the longevity and true hardness of REAL ceramics

9H or 10H whereas typical.clear ranges from 2.5 to about 3.5

I was curious to.see who did your coating!

Great choice!
I am at a loss I have been told a polish is to be used first to get imperfections out and then wax to finish. All that is prior to ceramic and now graphene. What do I need to do when I get my Maverick?

Patriot-ceramics

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.patriot-ceramics.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 GTI, '11 Infiniti FX35, '23 Atlas Blue Mave XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am at a loss I have been told a polish is to be used first to get imperfections out and then wax to finish. All that is prior to ceramic and now graphene. What do I need to do when I get my Maverick?
Can I direct you to my website
Www.patriot-ceramics.com

TheN click on the FAQ.

IF u have further questions then text or call me 970 518 0600