Sponsored

Turtle wax hybrid solutions pro flex graphite paint and plastic?

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any experience with the specific product Turtle wax hybrid solutions pro flex graphite in terms of can it be used on paint and plastic? I know sealants can be put on right when we get our Mavericks delivered and want to do that. I've read that Maguires hybrid liquid ceramic wax is a good product too, however, have not used it on my F150. Thanks much.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any experience with the specific product Turtle wax hybrid solutions pro flex graphite in terms of can it be used on paint and plastic? I know sealants can be put on right when we get our Mavericks delivered and want to do that. I've read that Maguires hybrid liquid ceramic wax is a good product too, however, have not used it on my F150. Thanks much.
i haven’t used the specific products you asked about. I have used the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic polish and wax a few times (linked to below) and have decided to give the bottle away. While it looks nice for a few days, it doesn’t bead water as well as I expected it too, and a film appears on the paint a few weeks after application, like I didn’t fully remove the product. It happened on different cars and with different methods of application. Very strange.

When I take delivery in November, my plan is to decontaminate & clay the paint, then put 2 coats of Collinite Insulator Wax on it, then possibly follow up with a top coat of Adams Americana paste wax, assuming my arm is still atta

Turtle Wax 53412 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax - 14 Fl Oz.
Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax

OP
OP
IslaDelDan

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i haven’t used the specific products you asked about. I have used the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic polish and wax a few times (linked to below) and have decided to give the bottle away. While it looks nice for a few days, it doesn’t bead water as well as I expected it too, and a film appears on the paint a few weeks after application, like I didn’t fully remove the product. It happened on different cars and with different methods of application. Very strange.

When I take delivery in November, my plan is to decontaminate & clay the paint, then put 2 coats of Collinite Insulator Wax on it, then possibly follow up with a top coat of Adams Americana paste wax, assuming my arm is still atta

OP
OP
IslaDelDan

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great information - thanks much and for the Amazon buying link - I sure don't want to have to reapply quickly - it's work to put a protective coating on. I'll look up your recommended products. My build week is Nov 15 so I'm behind you but it is great to have a VIN number!

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for Amazon link, just purchased the insulator wax.
Got the Maverick email this morning it was built.
I was surprised the estimated delivery to the Rancho Margarita Ford is Oct-3 to 11
Will clay and wax also

Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yes you can use it on everything and it is great. I put it on wet car after wash and dry with wet microfiber, keep wringing it out.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean "Graphene"? I just bought a bottle, but haven't used it yet. I have been using their Hybrid Ceramic spay coating and I've been very satisfied with the results.

Side note: Why are they using the name "hybrid"? I've already seen posts where folks are asking if they can use it on a regular gas powered vehicle.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll share my experience with TW. Great product! Like any coating, prep is needed.​
from factory one should use decontaminate for rail dust followed by clay bar then paint correction. Yep, sadly paint correction is needed unless you can stop the dealer from washing it. Once prepped and polished you can do a base coat
Turtle wax has many products and I had to call them regarding a base coat. They recommend the following
  • Ceramic/ Graphene paste wax as a base coat. Let stand 24 hours
  • Followed by coating of choice. Can’t go wrong with ceramic or graphene. I used to the max graphene and do maintenance coats with ceramic detail cleaning spray
  • The hardest part for me was removing the dealer installed ceramic. They did a horrid job trapped all the swirls and rail iron.
Sponsored

Last edited: