First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't have to take anything apart to plastidip. Watch a few how to videos. I've seen those emblem covers and they look super chintzy to me. Also, plastidip will be way easier to apply to the curved/convex and embossed emblem than lining up a 2 dimensional piece of vinyl that needs to be lined up perfectly when applied.
There's a member here who did his emblems with plastidip and he didn't remove anything and they came out great. He even posted a how to video specific to the Maverick
Ford Maverick Chrome Ford emblem covers. IMG_20221023_113559

Plastidip came out great applied while on truck just taped things off.
Ford Maverick Chrome Ford emblem covers. IMG_20221023_112258~2
Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny thing about plasi-dip. I've used it for as long as I can remember to coat the handles of tools and such.

Its always been in a can that I dipped things into.

I've never seen it in a spray on form, so I didn't even know that existed.

For the last year or so when folks have talked about plasti-dipping their rims and such I assumed they were applying that with a small brush or something and never considered using it for that reason.

I guess you learn something new every day.

So, now that I know a spray version exists, why use it over any other type of spray paint and/or coating? Just a brand loyalty thing or is there a specific reason?

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny thing about plasi-dip. I've used it for as long as I can remember to coat the handles of tools and such.

Its always been in a can that I dipped things into.

I've never seen it in a spray on form, so I didn't even know that existed.

For the last year or so when folks have talked about plasti-dipping their rims and such I assumed they were applying that with a small brush or something and never considered using it for that reason.

I guess you learn something new every day.

So, now that I know a spray version exists, why use it over any other type of spray paint and/or coating? Just a brand loyalty thing or is there a specific reason?
because it's super easy to apply and remove, is durable, looks great, can be had in hundreds of colors and finishes (flat, satin, gloss, etc) and it's temporary as opposed to paint. Takes almost no prep work as opposed to paint and if it gets damaged you can just peel it off and reapply. I don't think people really understand how good this looks on things like emblems if done right and how long it will last even under harsh conditions like snow, salt, dirt, etc.

The member here who posted a how to video said he's never used it before and with some simple masking he did a great job. The benefit of plastidip is that you don't really need to mask things perfectly, it will typically peel off at seems just like he demonstrated in his video.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
because it's super easy to apply and remove, is durable, looks great, can be had in hundreds of colors and finishes (flat, satin, gloss, etc) and it's temporary as opposed to paint. Takes almost no prep work as opposed to paint and if it gets damaged you can just peel it off and reapply. I don't think people really understand how good this looks on things like emblems if done right and how long it will last even under harsh conditions like snow, salt, dirt, etc.

The member here who posted a how to video said he's never used it before and with some simple masking he did a great job. The benefit of plastidip is that you don't really need to mask things perfectly, it will typically peel off at seems just like he demonstrated in his video.
That makes sense, given what I already knew about it. The peel off aspect could be good or bad I suppose, depending on the application.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes sense, given what I already knew about it. The peel off aspect could be good or bad I suppose, depending on the application.
It's not the kind of situation where it would peel off on its own. Typically you apply seven or eight coats and if prepped right it'll never be an issue until you're ready to peel it off. I lived in the salt belt for twenty years. I had a nineties Mazda protege as a winter beater and had to have the rocker panels replaced due to rust when it was about fifteen years old. I coated the bottom portion of the rocker panels with flat black plastidip and that held up to snow, rain, dirt, salt and carwashes for many years until I moved south and sold the car and it still looked great when I sold it. I just don't understand the people bashing it when they've never even used the stuff.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone got something similar to cover (without removing) the rear bright AF chrome AWD badge ?

24MAVXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buy those to cover the Chrome and then buy vinyl emblem stickers for the Ford part. Easier than plasti dip it and cheaper than replacing them.

Screenshot_20221208-212111__01.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-182956__01__01.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-181938__01.jpg
Love the rear tail , we’re our how can get info . Nice Truck

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Chrome Ford emblem covers. IMG_0146
Covers:
Ford Maverick Chrome Ford emblem covers. IMG_2959
Ford Maverick Chrome Ford emblem covers. IMG_0412
Note: The rear cover needs some material removed from the camera opening to have full stock view. Easy Dremel fix.

And before anyone asks, the white Ford logos are decals.
Sponsored

Last edited: