First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn’t you already get the rear A/C option?

(Windows) 🤣😂

But hopefully it helps, plus you can finally use a fits slot
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First car with A/C was a 1960 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon. The wheelbase was longer than the model name...
It had two(2) vents, side by side, in the center of the dash for A/C outlets. Nothing at either end of the dash, nothing under the front seats, just those two.
We would aim them over the center front passenger so the 3rd seat would at least get some chilled air. It worked. Sorta.
Later, in other vehicles without rear outlets, we would close all dash vent except the middle outlet, and aim that directly to the rear seating area. There was enough diffuse airflow in the front to keep the temp down, and the rear seat passengers(or critters) got the center outlet for their own.
A small fan may have helped, but in retrospect it does not seem necessary.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the good vibes; I am not bothered by naysayers. But it never fails to amaze me why many replies act as if a suggestion (and it's only a suggestion or a thought) is a threat to their very existence. Oh well better days are ahead.
Your very defensive, take your own advice.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the good vibes; I am not bothered by naysayers. But it never fails to amaze me why many replies act as if a suggestion (and it's only a suggestion or a thought) is a threat to their very existence. Oh well better days are ahead.
Nobody here took it as a threat to their existence. It's a public forum. People responded with logical replies. You are just overly sensitive and can't seem to stop yourself from responding negatively.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nobody here took it as a threat to their existence. It's a public forum. People responded with logical replies. You are just overly sensitive and can't seem to stop yourself from responding negatively.
Thankyou for the reply. Should have said "some" rather than "many". And I did not make myself clear that I was not referring to this particular thread; but to replies in general. Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone. Watch the curves and have a wonderful day.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First car with A/C was a 1960 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon. The wheelbase was longer than the model name...
It had two(2) vents, side by side, in the center of the dash for A/C outlets. Nothing at either end of the dash, nothing under the front seats, just those two.
We would aim them over the center front passenger so the 3rd seat would at least get some chilled air. It worked. Sorta.
Later, in other vehicles without rear outlets, we would close all dash vent except the middle outlet, and aim that directly to the rear seating area. There was enough diffuse airflow in the front to keep the temp down, and the rear seat passengers(or critters) got the center outlet for their own.
A small fan may have helped, but in retrospect it does not seem necessary.
I had to add an under dash unit to my 68 Fastback after moving back to OK from Virginia. It gets the job done!

Ford Maverick Cheap solution for lack of rear A/C IMG_20210829_192828343~2

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had to add an under dash unit to my 68 Fastback after moving back to OK from Virginia. It gets the job done!

IMG_20210829_192828343~2.jpg
Looks like the A/C on my dad's 64 Galaxy XL.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These are the size of a shoe box. Why would you need auxiliary rear air?
You have to ask this, and you live in Phoenix? Must not spend a lot of time in the back seat...

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat has a dual zone climate control. When I ordered it I thought that it meant front to back. Not driver and passenger. It was part of the package and would never have ordered it on its own. How much difference can it make anyway? Front to back would have been better.
That would make more sense, right?

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Lariat has a dual zone climate control. When I ordered it I thought that it meant front to back. Not driver and passenger. It was part of the package and would never have ordered it on its own. How much difference can it make anyway? Front to back would have been better.
Dual zone always means driver/passenger. Triple or tri zone would would be driver/passenger/rear.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did not know that thanks. Never had a car with this before.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dual zone always means driver/passenger...
That's what I've always thought it meant. Driver control on the left & (front) Passenger control on the right. Never seen it configured any other way. For back seat, aim the center vents straight back and usually you can hang meat back there.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I seriously could fly a kite in Mybrid with AC on high and recirc on. And it will give you brain freeze from the outside. I had my kids and a different time buddy and his wife in back seat. Pointed to center vents straight back. No issues at all. 90° outside...i bet if 110 it would've been the same. Recirc the cold air.
Sponsored