Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got a USB Fan (JZCreater Fan) from Amazon ($8.49). It moves a lot of air for a USB fan, is very quiet and has 3 speeds. It is really a desk fan; but sets on the dash of my Mazda CX-5 with no modifications. Since I use a "anti dog net" to keep the fur balls in the back seat; I know it will work in the Mav. It does NOT rotate but moves up & down and has a 3' usb cord. With some modifications it could be secured to the center console. (3D printer for example)
Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rear A/C in AZ. summers is a must even in my CX-5. And it is smaller than the MAV.
I am just across town from you. I sincerely hope I don't need any auxiliary fans. The a/c in these works very well. It will take a few to cool down I am sure. But these get tested in Death Valley in the summer I would hope it is sufficient

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am just across town from you. I sincerely hope I don't need any auxiliary fans. The a/c in these works very well. It will take a few to cool down I am sure. But these get tested in Death Valley in the summer I would hope it is sufficient
You don't want/need an aux fan; good on you. Nobody said you have to buy one. Chill, watch the curves, and have a wonderful day!!!

Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2022 XLT Hybrid and there are vents under the front seats that blow cold and hot air to the back seats hoe that helps 🤔

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 2022 XLT Hybrid and there are vents under the front seats that blow cold and hot air to the back seats hoe that helps 🤔
Thanks for the reply. In my Mazda there is a vent on the back of the center console that can be adjusted by the rear passengers. It is my understanding that the Mav. does not have this feature. It is my hope that an aux fan will make rear passengers a little more comfortable in the AZ summers. If the vents under the seats are sufficient then an aux fan would not be needed. Others have indicated that rear passengers may need added A/C.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had rear passengers complain about how cold the AC gets so you'll likely not have issues. Use a fan if you need to by all means

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go ahead and use it if you got it. I would be interested in using same device to blow cabin air through the rear window for a slight cooling or warming of say a tent or camper setup in the bed.
More information on the dog fuzz net thing please.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Go ahead and use it if you got it. I would be interested in using same device to blow cabin air through the rear window for a slight cooling or warming of say a tent or camper setup in the bed.
More information on the dog fuzz net thing please.
These USB fans could work for that use, for only $8.49 it is worth a try. Amazon also has solar powered exhaust fans for car windows. The dog barrier is a "travelinK9", $34 (on Amazon), uses a "tent like pole" to keep its shape and bungies to secure it. Would not keep a determined large dog in the back seat but works well for my two 15 lb dogs. Good luck.

Sponsored

mswillis5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply. In my Mazda there is a vent on the back of the center console that can be adjusted by the rear passengers. It is my understanding that the Mav. does not have this feature. It is my hope that an aux fan will make rear passengers a little more comfortable in the AZ summers. If the vents under the seats are sufficient then an aux fan would not be needed. Others have indicated that rear passengers may need added A/C.

I live in Phoenix and my rear passengers have never had an issue with it being overly hot. I did tint my truck with 30% front and 5% (limo tint) rear. It made a huge difference in the temperature of the truck.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great idea! Let us know how the fans work out for the rear passengers. Of course, we'll have to wait a few months, right? Don't let the naysayers get to you. You merely wanted to share a helpful solution to getting cold air to the back seat. There will be readers who will benefit from your post.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Aim the center vents to the rear seat.
Done.
It's the way we've done it for the last 60 years.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat has a dual zone climate control. When I ordered it I thought that it meant front to back. Not driver and passenger. It was part of the package and would never have ordered it on its own. How much difference can it make anyway? Front to back would have been better.

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great idea! Let us know how the fans work out for the rear passengers. Of course, we'll have to wait a few months, right? Don't let the naysayers get to you. You merely wanted to share a helpful solution to getting cold air to the back seat. There will be readers who will benefit from your post.
Thanks for the good vibes; I am not bothered by naysayers. But it never fails to amaze me why many replies act as if a suggestion (and it's only a suggestion or a thought) is a threat to their very existence. Oh well better days are ahead.
Sponsored