Sponsored

3D Printed Accessories for Rear of center console?

Caleb Smith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed in a few videos I've found online of the Maverick that on the rear of the Center Console there is a slot for 3D printed accessories for the back seat.

I wanted to see if anyone had any potential ideas or websites that would be able to print stuff like that for an individual? (me lol)

I'm thinking rear cup holders, Phone mounts, storage tray, etc. Lets hear your ideas!
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Noticed in a few videos I've found online of the Maverick that on the rear of the Center Console there is a slot for 3D printed accessories for the back seat.

I wanted to see if anyone had any potential ideas or websites that would be able to print stuff like that for an individual? (me lol)

I'm thinking rear cup holders, Phone mounts, storage tray, etc. Lets hear your ideas!
Might want to wait till the QR code’s actually go live. They redirect to a generic Ford page atm

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No need for a 3D printer, there will be plenty of aftermarket options for the FIT slot.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Snack tray for my grandkids. Somewhere to put those chicken nuggets. Since i always install a rear seat DVD the grandkids refer to Nuggets as a TV dinner.

Last edited:

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Once Ford releases the CAD that DIYers can use to design with, I'm sure you'll be able to find models on Thingiverse or PrusaPrinters. I will probably post some eventually.

Once you find a model you like, you could send it to Shapeways or Protolabs or Xometry to get printed if you don't have access to a 3D printer.

Check your local library before paying to have something printed though. Some libraries offer 3D printing as a service now!

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can also print via https://www.pcbway.com/rapid-prototyping/ the only thing I would say where it will be in a car the filament used will need to be more heat resistant. I know the library here has a prusa machine but only uses PLA which wouldn't be a good choice in the heat of a car in the summer.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford is putting out a kit with most of that including a trash can.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course this has also got me into looking into 3d printers. I see a future. Ford generally leads and Chevy and Fiat follow. If this takes off and is recepted well the others will follow suit.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I will be making a small waste bin. I am planning on it resting on the floor but being secured by the FITS slot.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Don't have a 3D printer so I'll wait for the entrepreneurs to come up with some aftermarket gadgets I can peruse.

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
They have some in the bin as well. It'll help me make organizers for cables when I put a little system in the back. For the one behind the console I really don't know what I want yet. I may just make a retractable wheel for an extension cord for the outlet there.
Sponsored