First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my VIN this morning! Hooray! Reached out to my dealer to thank them. Sales Manager sent back Order Sheet.

Luxury Package was taken off for some reason. My signed order preview has the Luxury Package. Now, the order tracking website doesn't show, the window sticker still isn't loading, and the new sheet the dealer sent doesn't show the Luxury Package.

I am very frustrated. Anything I can do to get it fixed?
@fordvideoguy Any thoughts or tips? Who authorized this change?

Original, signed sheet:

Ford Maverick Change after scheduling/VIN assigned? IMG_7603

Provided today:
Ford Maverick Change after scheduling/VIN assigned? IMG_7604
Sponsored

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my VIN this morning! Hooray! Reached out to my dealer to thank them. Sales Manager sent back Order Sheet.

Luxury Package was taken off for some reason. My signed order preview has the Luxury Package. Now, the order tracking website doesn't show, the window sticker still isn't loading, and the new sheet the dealer sent doesn't show the Luxury Package.

Original, signed sheet:

IMG_7603.jpeg

Provided today:
IMG_7604.jpeg
my dealer said once you got your VIN, your gig is set in stone. no changes possible.

OP
OP
Ugo1st

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my dealer said once you got your VIN, your gig is set in stone. no changes possible.
But it's not even my order. And if I reorder, I won't get to use my private offer.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But it's not even my order. And if I reorder, I won't get to use my private offer.
the name on the preview sheets that you blacked out above ... is it your name?

OP
OP
Ugo1st

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the name on the preview sheets that you blacked out above ... is it your name?
Yes. On both. But I only ordered once. The 7/19 order sheet was a signed copy. Today's was generated and sent by the sales manager today.

Sponsored

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. On both. But I only ordered once. The 7/19 order sheet was a signed copy. Today's was generated and sent by the sales manager today.
Order # and Order Code and name match, so it's the same order. I think at this point, only your dealer would be able to tell you why the lux package was removed. sorry that happened.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

Original, signed sheet:

IMG_7603.jpeg

Provided today:
IMG_7604.jpeg
Did you ask for a Spray In Bedliner?

It looks like they added the Spray In Bedliner which will knock off the XLT Luxury Package.

Someone at the dealer made that change. I would normally say that this is a shady dealer, but if they were then why would they send you the latest build sheet?

Normally the shady dealers make the changes after the order is placed and you don't find out until the Maverick arrives. They will blame Ford for the mess up and hope that you don't take it so they can mark it up and sell it to someone else.

OP
OP
Ugo1st

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ask for a Spray In Bedliner?

It looks like they added the Spray In Bedliner which will knock off the XLT Luxury Package.

Someone at the dealer made that change. I would normally say that this is a shady dealer, but if they were then why would they send you the latest build sheet?

Normally the shady dealers make the changes after the order is placed and you don't find out until the Maverick arrives. They will blame Ford for the mess up and hope that you don't take it so they can mark it up and sell it to someone else.
No. I had spray-in last year (as the drop-in was not included in the Luxury Package). When they first entered the MY24 order, it had spray, and no Lux. They adjusted and sent back the sales sheet I attached, which I signed.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
No. I had spray-in last year (as the drop-in was not included in the Luxury Package). When they first entered the MY24 order, it had spray, and no Lux. They adjusted and sent back the sales sheet I attached, which I signed.
It could be that they modified the order to add the Luxury Package but didn't actually submit it.

Go to your dealer tomorrow to get this sorted out. They should be able to add the Luxury Package back on to the order but it's up to the factory if they accept the change.

Your window sticker won't be available until October so need to worry about that.

OP
OP
Ugo1st

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It could be that they modified the order to add the Luxury Package but didn't actually submit it.

Go to your dealer tomorrow to get this sorted out. They should be able to add the Luxury Package back on to the order but it's up to the factory if they accept the change.

Your window sticker won't be available until October so need to worry about that.
Thanks for talking some sanity into me. I'll need every ounce of it when dealing with the dealership tomorrow. 🤣

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

Original, signed sheet:

IMG_7603.jpeg

Provided today:
IMG_7604.jpeg
You can hand them add the Luxury Package. I see the spray liner is on the new sheet, I wonder if they tried to add that option and it made them remove the luxury package because the luxury package comes with the drop in bedliner.

OP
OP
Ugo1st

Ugo1st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Ltd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can hand them add the Luxury Package. I see the spray liner is on the new sheet, I wonder if they tried to add that option and it made them remove the luxury package because the luxury package comes with the drop in bedliner.
Thanks, Tim. Don't know why they added the spray-in. Not at my request. They made a mistake. Called me. Then got a change approved by regional. Regional placed a call to the plant, and they will hopefully accept the change. Should hear by Monday or Tuesday.

For as frustrated as I have been with the dealer, they said they are going to make me happy, one way or the other. So I have to give them credit for that.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Thanks, Tim. Don't know why they added the spray-in. Not at my request. They made a mistake. Called me. Then got a change approved by regional. Regional placed a call to the plant, and they will hopefully accept the change. Should hear by Monday or Tuesday.

For as frustrated as I have been with the dealer, they said they are going to make me happy, one way or the other. So I have to give them credit for that.
Those changes don't need to go through a rep. They just make them in WBDO and the system will let you know a day later if they accepted it. I'm sure they are telling you that they are doing something special with the regional plant but it's not that hard. I just did one of these changes yesterday.

Beloff

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94Blazer 06Prius 23Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you sure you got VIN for 2024?
Maybe it is for your 2023 order
I ordered 09/15/2022 for 2023 Maverick
reordered 07/18/2023 for 2024 Maverick
08/08/2023 got email - scheduled for October
If you follow link in email (Track my order) you will see which one they plan to build
in my case it is old 2023 Maverick
Ford Maverick Change after scheduling/VIN assigned? 1693099230841
Sponsored