OP

BPark9

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not sure if this helps to see on a different ford vehicle but hereā€™s a pic of iconic silver on my mustang. Pros: looks good, shines in the sun doesnā€™t require as much washing, has to be super dirty before it shows dirt, forgiving in that the sun reflects light and shine can draw your attention away from minor paint imperfections. Cons if you lose paint, very noticeable, deep scratches even worse, showing the black primer underneath, paint match is a nightmare if it ever gets in a wreck. My wifeā€™s Edge also iconic silver, had another car bumper minor rub in the parking lot, obviously jerks didnā€™t stop but you could definitely see black underneath. if my choice were between carbonized gray and iconic silver Iā€˜d go carbonized gray

94C033EB-99C1-4A14-84BB-C8C5CA055698.jpeg
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

OP
OP

BPark9

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Here's a photo of my sliver Maverick. I would have preferred the carbonized gray, but I bought my Maverick off a dealer's lot and silver was the color they had.

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver xAWgPq
Thank you. It looks really good too.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I am having a hard time deciding between these two colors. Do any of you have pictures of these colors? Likes? Dislikes? I ordered Carbonite Grey but might want silver. I am getting black rims too.
I had my mind set on carbonize gray after seeing it in person on aMaverick,I change my mind to Silver I noticed in the bright light thereā€™s no contrast between the black bumpers and carb. gray, it all blends together

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my mind set on carbonize gray after seeing it in person on aMaverick,I change my mind to Silver I noticed in the bright light thereā€™s no contrast between the black bumpers and carb. gray, it all blends together
Thats exactly why I like it that the bumpers blend with the paint.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CG because it looks like gold metallic in bright sun. Also it is the only color that matches the xlt wheels.

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am having a hard time deciding between these two colors. Do any of you have pictures of these colors? Likes? Dislikes? I ordered Carbonite Grey but might want silver. I am getting black rims too.
I was torn then saw an Iconic Silver Bronco in person and I loved it.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
IMG_2529005.jpg

I just took delivery yesterday. This was a pic the dealer sent me when it first arrived. You can't go wrong with either color really. I thought I might like the contrast of the black wheels better with the Iconic silver.
Congrats!

Sponsored

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
I originally ordered silver then switched it to carbonized grey.

I mean look at it in this fall setting right now. Also doesn't look too bad with the seat color.
Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver PXL_20211115_150613430.MP

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver PXL_20211115_150804117.MP

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver PXL_20211115_150809917.MP

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver PXL_20211115_150824204.MP

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Iconic Silver PXL_20211115_151507475.MP

Last edited:

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Carbonized Gray

37EF29F6-0A34-4DCB-86FC-E6D444902E9F.jpeg
The lady at Ford's chat told me mine should be delivered tomorrow, so maybe by this coming week the dealer would be ready to release it to me. Ordered this same color, man it looks good, I can't wait.

I was not a fan of the silver until i saw it in person. It was parked next to a carbon grey ranger and i was really torn between the two but went with the carbon grey because the rims blended well with it. As someone else said the rims look great on the silver because of the contrast. Donā€™t think you can go wrong with either color.
The black wheels made the choice for me too to go with the Carbonized Grey. Almost like a stealthy blacked out look without going with black. I wish they had the option of blacked out lights...

UCFGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None because no registration on Maverick
I was vacillating between the two. Then my kid says he wanted me to get VB. What can I say? I love the little guy.
Sponsored