First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t decide between colors; I like the Cactus gray, but the slight green appearance in certain light is disturbing. Also like the Carbonized gray, but worried it is too dark (& too regular). Pictures and opinions from those of you who actually have the colors is appreciated!

Also, how does the ‘brown’ interior of the Lariat blend or contrast with the gray(s)?
Sponsored

lcmaxfield

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Clubs

I had a chance to see the cactus grey in person on a nice bright sunny day. It looks fantastic. It almost gives off a matte finish to it and I honestly didn't notice the green-ish color you're talking about. I've also seen the carbon grey out in the wild and it looks really sharp, albeit a bit familiar and a bit crispy in terms of the amount of dark grey already on the road.

If you want something a little different that looks great, the cactus grey won't disappoint, especially if it's matched up with the black wheels in the FX4 package!

I also fought over this color decision for weeks before settling on the cactus grey, but once I saw it in person at the dealer, I couldn't say no.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t decide between colors; I like the Cactus gray, but the slight green appearance in certain light is disturbing. Also like the Carbonized gray, but worried it is too dark (& too regular). Pictures and opinions from those of you who actually have the colors is appreciated!

Also, how does the ‘brown’ interior of the Lariat blend or contrast with the gray(s)?
Its a tough call - but I decided on the Cactus Gray. I saw a Bronco in Cactus Gray on the road and fell in love with the color. Either way you can't go wrong.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I struggled with my color choice also because I was worried about the Cactus being too green. Now that i have mine I know I made the right decision. I do not see green at all, only in pics. The color does change with the weather, but to me looks more gray than anything.

Last edited:

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1

I saw a cactus grey on a four door bronco in the sun. It looked completely like battleship grey to me. My girlfriend could only see green. It looked great with black Steele’s and 33 inch tires. I picked velocity blue so I guess we all are a little nervous to see it in person when it makes it in. My hybrid should be next week.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Area 51 and Cactus Grey kinda just seemed too bland for me. I was gonna go with Oxford White (plain but contemporary and seems to look "fresh" longer IMHO) as I had 2 Rangers that color and our 2018 F-50 also white, but then I read there are actually 2 shades of Oxford being used now and 1 has pink hue/tint to it. Then I saw Carbonized Gray and the metallic finish won me over. I'm keeping the stock steelie wheels and this combo helps hide/mute the Butterface front end styling that was the only thing really bugging me about the overall truck styling.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 and Cactus Grey kinda just seemed too bland for me. I was gonna go with Oxford White (plain but contemporary and seems to look "fresh" longer IMHO) as I had 2 Rangers that color and our 2018 F-50 also white, but then I read there are actually 2 shades of Oxford being used now and 1 has pink hue/tint to it. Then I saw Carbonized Gray and the metallic finish won me over. I'm keeping the stock steelie wheels and this combo helps hide/mute the Butterface front end styling that was the only thing really bugging me about the overall truck styling.
I had the same dilemma but after i saw cactus gray bronco and the fact that too many maverick owners with cactus gray or Area 51 for their orders I decided carbonized would be a good choice for me. Very subdued and looks great at same time.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I test drove a Carbonized Gray and own a Cactus Gray. Carbonized Gray is what you think of when I say gray truck. It’s basically spot on for that kind of color. Cactus Gray is sort of gray-blue-green-brown. It changes in the light. There are times when I think I’m driving a baby blue truck and others when I think I’m in a desert brown color truck. It just looks so different in person and pictures don’t do it justice.

Check out the photo threads:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cactus-gray-maverick-club.334/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/carbonized-gray-maverick-club.368/

This one does a great job of showing the Cactus Gray: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...actus-gray-maverick-xlt-w-moonroof-pics.1260/

I’m ultimately very pleased with the Cactus. It’s different and will stand out. That said, I can see the appeal of Carbonized Gray if you want to blend in. Go with your gut and stick with it.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The carbonized grey is to my eye a much nicer paint. The cactus grey looks too flat and industrial and I don't like the greenish tint.

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My brother is a salesman at a Ford dealership and I stopped out to see him about 2 months ago and he knew I was wanting to buy a Maverick and they had one of the eco on the lot for sale and ask me if I wanted to take it for a drive and I said no because it was carbonized grey and it looked so dirty and I had already driven another one about a week and a half earlier. I have a cactus grey hybrid ordered so I really wasn't interested in it but anyway the carbonized grey shows dirt really bad but when it's clean it's a beautiful color.

Sponsored

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(...) but anyway the carbonized grey shows dirt really bad but when it's clean it's a beautiful color.
Really? This is the first I have heard that. I thought it pretty much hid the dirt.

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really? This is the first I have heard that. I thought it pretty much hid the dirt.
The one I'm speaking of was filthy and I'm one who is not very diligent about washing my vehicles. I've heard the cactus grey doesn't show dirt bad at all so that's what I ordered but I think the carbonized grey is one of the best looking colors if you don't mind washing your truck.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I test drove a Carbonized Gray and own a Cactus Gray. Carbonized Gray is what you think of when I say gray truck. It’s basically spot on for that kind of color. Cactus Gray is sort of gray-blue-green-brown. It changes in the light. There are times when I think I’m driving a baby blue truck and others when I think I’m in a desert brown color truck. It just looks so different in person and pictures don’t do it justice.

Check out the photo threads:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cactus-gray-maverick-club.334/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/carbonized-gray-maverick-club.368/

This one does a great job of showing the Cactus Gray: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...actus-gray-maverick-xlt-w-moonroof-pics.1260/

I’m ultimately very pleased with the Cactus. It’s different and will stand out. That said, I can see the appeal of Carbonized Gray if you want to blend in. Go with your gut and stick with it.
100% agree with you. I actually see blue in certain light but I'm almost afraid to admit it, I'm glad its not just me.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100% agree with you. I actually see blue in certain light but I'm almost afraid to admit it, I'm glad its not just me.
Ford has been making trucks in a similar-ish color for a long time. My grandfather had an F-100 that he used as a "we're taking trash to the dump" truck. It was like the one below. I have fond memories of watching him with the long stick shift and thinking about the mechanics of it all. Whenever I get that light blue note I'm transported back to being a 5 year old boy in a truck with his grandpa.

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Cactus Gray.. can't decide s-l1600-2-1

Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray vs Cactus Gray.. can't decide 0

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Color choice was all over the board when I first discovered the Maverick. Initially was in love with the Area 51 color, then switched to Cactus Gray. However, I found a pie chart online indicating which color choices were most popular. Any sort of blue was out for me because I didn't want to be one of "those" couples with matching color trucks. Finally ended up going with Carbonized Gray. My present car is gray and I have no complaints. Very understated. I'd just as soon stay under the radar while driving, even if it means blending in with those already driving gray, silver or white vehicles.

I keep seeing Cactus Gray Broncos in my area. That color really should be renamed "Chameleon." Looks gray, looks minty green, looks creamy white, looks blue-ish. Most unusual color.
Sponsored