First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has been making trucks in a similar-ish color for a long time. My grandfather had an F-100 that he used as a "we're taking trash to the dump" truck. It was like the one below. I have fond memories of watching him with the long stick shift and thinking about the mechanics of it all. Whenever I get that light blue note I'm transported back to being a 5 year old boy in a truck with his grandpa.

s-l1600-2-1.jpg

0.jpg
My uncle always had a few of these around on his property in NC. When he passed away, there were family battles over who got the trucks.
Sponsored

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I ordered carbonized grey. Thinking the vehicle will sit in my driveway for 10 years plus so think carbonized grey will age better.

Sponsored

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
I love the Carbonized gray but the Cactus Gray is also a great color. Tough decision.

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I struggled with my color choice also because I was worried about the Cactus being too green. Now that i have mine I know I made the right decision. I do not see green at all, only in pics. The color does change wit the weather, but to me looks more gray than anything.
I haven't ordered yet and keep bouncing between Area 51 and Cactus (aka Jet Fighter Gray) and after seeing both in person on Broncos I'm sold on Cactus (just wish they capitalized on the Maverick/Top Gun reference and kept the old name)... it truly looks like military issue gray and don't see the tan that comes out on the ford order/build site and the green that comes across in people's pictures.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was fortunate to have a choice between a cactus gray and carbonized gray. Both XLT, 4k premiums. Both on the lot just dropped off. Both needed a bath. I went with the cactus color because the other gray is well..gray. Like every other car on the road.

OP
OP

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the other gray is well..gray. Like every other car on the road.
my thoughts exactly! Congrats on finding a mav on the lot! With current reports of MY2023 orders not beginning until 08/23, I’ve probably got quite a while to think about it, but I do feel like the carbonized gray is just too normal and too common!

Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I test drove a Carbonized Gray and own a Cactus Gray. Carbonized Gray is what you think of when I say gray truck. It’s basically spot on for that kind of color. Cactus Gray is sort of gray-blue-green-brown. It changes in the light. There are times when I think I’m driving a baby blue truck and others when I think I’m in a desert brown color truck. It just looks so different in person and pictures don’t do it justice.

Check out the photo threads:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cactus-gray-maverick-club.334/
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/carbonized-gray-maverick-club.368/

This one does a great job of showing the Cactus Gray: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...actus-gray-maverick-xlt-w-moonroof-pics.1260/

I’m ultimately very pleased with the Cactus. It’s different and will stand out. That said, I can see the appeal of Carbonized Gray if you want to blend in. Go with your gut and stick with it.
My Velocity Blue 22 Hybrid XLT never got a build date, so I have been trying to figure out what to choose for my 23 rollover color. I got to see a Bronco in Cactus Gray earlier this summer and it stuck with me. But every time I look at the shared photos and the Ford website, I have trouble seeing the same thing I saw on the Bronco. Well, here's the definitive analysis of Cactus Gray, and the reason I'll be adding it to my rollover order this week.

https://www.bronco6g.com/cactus-gray-deep-dive-color-analysis-and-comparison/

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, CG-All the Way here. In my case the CG stands for Cactus Gray. I was a bit worried when I originally ordered the color. My saleslady called and said they had just gotten in a Ford Ranger with Cactus Gray. I knew when I saw it that is would work for me! I like it more with each passing day.............

Carbo Gray is a nice color. I had a Honda Accord years ago with the same color. I will say this; Carbonized gray is better at hiding dirt than a lot of colors. However, the Cactus Gray is really great at hiding dirt/dust. I have to drive on a half mile of gravel to get to my driveway which is another quarter mile of gravel. I end up giving my Mav a rinse because of the dirt/dust showing on the black trim and I cannot even see it on the paint.

Also have had numerous compliments of the color. It is an eye catcher; sorry, gray is not IMHO! ;) Of course, color is just a matter of taste; Cactus Gray is just a matter of GOOD taste!!:p
Sponsored