Sponsored

Car seats - 2 forward facing car seats in back seats?

Deftronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Anyone able to tell how 2 forward facing car seats would fair in the back of the Maverick?
Sponsored

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
I will be putting two child seats in (one forward facing/one back facing). Fortunately, we do know that the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children) is standard on all trims. I assume a latch system is legally required. Nonetheless, the videos online with adults sittings in the back give the best idea of what size we are dealing with. I don't see any space issues with a front facing child seat. Now, the rear facing seat may be pretty tight.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I will be putting two child seats in (one forward facing/one back facing). Fortunately, we do know that the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children) is standard on all trims. I assume a latch system is legally required. Nonetheless, the videos online with adults sittings in the back give the best idea of what size we are dealing with. I don't see any space issues with a front facing child seat. Now, the rear facing seat may be pretty tight.
Same here. Rear leg room is similar to my Honda Civic. However leg room is length and height. And Maverick sits a bit higher. I can get the car seat in with front seats all the way back. It might be a tight fit but not to bad at all

Sponsored

raul shabinguez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be putting a car seat in as well. I wish the seat bottom was a two piece. That way you could lift at least half of the rear seat to get to the storage. A two piece wouldn't be much help if you need more than one car seat though.

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
After seeing some of the reviews/photographs coming out of the Ford Bronco Sport community, I am starting to get a little concerned about child seats in the back seat. There should not be any issue with front facing child seats other than dirty shoes on the back of driver/passenger seats. However, the rear facing child seats, in some cases may require moving the driver/passenger seats to an uncomfortable forward position. At least, some Owners have said so much.

Does any one know what the backseat measurements actually are in comparison to the Ford Bronco Sport or Escape? FWIW, we have no issues at all in putting our rear facing child seat in my wife's XLT Explorer.

cdoublev

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
If I can get a rear facing seat in my Mini Countryman, then I think the Maverick will be just fine (and extra 3 inches of leg room compared to the mini)

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
If I can get a rear facing seat in my Mini Countryman, then I think the Maverick will be just fine (and extra 3 inches of leg room compared to the mini)
Looks like the Mini Countryman has 1.7 inches more rear legroom space than Maverick

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has the same rear room as a Subaru Crosstrek.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
They won't be in the seat that long...