Sponsored

Cancel my order, will Ed refund Uship deposit?

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Due to some personal circumstances I cannot wait 4-5 months for a car. I reserved my Hybrid from Ed (Chapman Ford NE Philly) in September to be dropped shipped to Austin. I put a $2000 deposit for the Uship in case I change my mind.

But since my truck hasn't been scheduled yet, Ed can easily change the delivery dealership back to him.

If I cancel, would he refund my deposit?
If any one here has gone through similar thing, please let me know.

I also think I could potentially take delivery and resell it for the same price if not more.

Build: XLT Hybrid (No Lux), Alto Blue, Copilot 360.

Thanks
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any reputable dealer will refund your money, especially these days when they can easily sell your truck to someone else

OP
OP
First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
You’ll need to contact Ed directly; any other response to this question will be based on assumption.
Ofcourse but they're closed till Monday.
Also if someone has gone through exact same scenario already / discussed this before with him they'd be able to confirm

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ofcourse but they're closed till Monday.
Also if someone has gone through exact same scenario already / discussed this before with him they'd be able to confirm
It’s extremely likely their scenario would be the same considering your truck hasn’t been scheduled, but there are still unknowns.
Has the dealership started leaving nonrefundable deposit themselves to get better rates? Unlikely but possible.

Id assume the odds are in your favor, but ya know what they say about assuming.

Sponsored

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely a question you should be asking Ed, not sure if anybody here can answer for what someone else would/wouldn't do.

OP
OP
First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Definitely a question you should be asking Ed, not sure if anybody here can answer for what someone else would/wouldn't do.
And I definitely would when they open on Monday. Just wanted to see if someone else knows already

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Not sure if you’ve thought of this but since no one else mentioned it, you should probably ask Ed directly.

:LOL:

OP
OP
First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Not sure if you’ve thought of this but since no one else mentioned it, you should probably ask Ed directly.

:LOL:
Yeah you're the first one mentioning it and I never thought I could ask him! /s

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Due to some personal circumstances I cannot wait 4-5 months for a car. I reserved my Hybrid from Ed (Chapman Ford NE Philly) in September to be dropped shipped to Austin. I put a $2000 deposit for the Uship in case I change my mind.

But since my truck hasn't been scheduled yet, Ed can easily change the delivery dealership back to him.

I also think I could potentially take delivery and resell it for the same price if not more.

Thanks
I bought my Maverick from Chapman with them to drop-ship to me in North Carolina. They only ask me for the drop-ship deposit when it was scheduled to be built. If yours hasn`t been scheduled yet I don`t know why you would have paid a $2000 deposit yet ? Something is not right with this story here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
I bought my Maverick from Chapman with them to drop-ship to me in North Carolina. They only ask me for the drop-ship deposit when it was scheduled to be built. If yours hasn`t been scheduled yet I don`t know why you would have paid a $2000 deposit yet ? Something is not right with this story here.
Interesting, Ed might have changed his requirements. Because what if you refuse to pay the Uship deposit after its scheduled. I paid my deposit while ordering.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Did your order it from Horsham? And uship and a CD are different

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks
Well considering that Ford requires 0 dollars deposit for a new Maverick and U somehow thought that by giving them any cash at all (especially 2K)that you would get your truck any sooner! I'd say good luck

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting, Ed might have changed his requirements. Because what if you refuse to pay the Uship deposit after its scheduled. I paid my deposit while ordering.
I dealt with Tom and he is the owner of Chapman and he`s Ed`s boss man so I would think the drop-ship deposit is the same for both dealerships. I was told if I refuse to pay the drop-ship deposit at the time the vehicle was scheduled they would have it sent to there dealership in Pennsylvania. I don`t understand why you paid a deposit at the ordering process. That doesn't make since at all.
Sponsored