First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trouble is, I don't think Ford or any other NA manufacturers have any process to allow this, too bad.
Sponsored

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
Ordered a Lariat Lux 2.0 EB FX4 tow package in velocity blue on Nov.1st.
Had the talk with my dealerships salesman today, a decent guy stuck between a rock and a hard place…
In a nut shell no 2022 truck. Period.
offered me several options; take my deposit and cancel the order or wait until it becomes clear on what would happen on a roll over.
I asked:
If he knew about my color being canceled, he had no idea.
What would happen to my pricing and finance, he had no idea.
If I commit to a 2023 order when would I get my truck, he had no idea but suggested I would be first (lol…).
And I asked when would we know, when can we start the 2023 process…
He wasn’t sure but figured mid August to early September…
So basically MY23 (for my constraints) would be sold out before my MY22 order is rolled over.
Wait another year for nothing…
I left the order intact until they can define a MY23 deal but I fully expect to cancel.
I’m unbelievably happy I didn’t buy a bunch of accessories for it while waiting, dodged a bullet on that.
To the Dealer, Ford R&D, Design and Marketing teams job well done - you got me to drop cash on your product.
To Ford Corporate and Manufacturing I couldn’t rate you low enough - your credibility is zero - anyone who starts this process with them at this point must be a masochist…
Now to start shopping for something actually available, and not a Ford.
good luck with your orders,
Cheers

kinkid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux 4K Co-Pilot 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just finished a chat with Ford Canada customer service and all they told me was that the order bank opens in August. I repeatedly asked what date in August but was not provided with an answer. The Ford Canada customer service is the worst. They don't give any information and just direct you to the dealer even for questions that don't involve the dealership.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered and received confirmation from Ford, 04 Oct, for Alto Blue Lariat Luxury package, AWD, 4k tow, hard rollup tonneau cover, moon roof, CP 360, 18” painted wheels, full size spare, all weather floor liners, splash guards, removable bed mat, bed divider kit, TOUCHLINK bed lighting kit, cargo bed net, and tailgate lock.

Visited my dealer last week and was told that I would not have to do anything. He said on 02 Aug Ford would automatically roll it over to a 2023 with a priority code 02 (my original order has a priority code 19).
I would think I would have to redo some paperwork. And it kind of confirms what I have been thinking, that there will be absolutely no changes for MY23.
Has anyone else had a similar conversation with their dealer?
My dealer in north America told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago. That my 2022 order would just roll over. I contacted him again with a list of what I though was true from "reliable sources". He said come on in Aug 2nd. Unfortunately the OEM's want you to "contact the dealer". But most of the dealer contacts are just salesmen who now very little about the vehicles they sell of how the process works. Here in the US most states, by law, require car manufacturers to sell through dealers. I think it is time for a change.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A quick search returned:
"There are no federal or provincial laws in Canada prohibiting the manufacturers from selling direct to consumer."
Here in the US most states, by law, require car manufacturers to sell through dealers. I think it is time for a change.

Sponsored

kinkid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux 4K Co-Pilot 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update from my dealer today (August 3rd). Was told that my Lariat Lux order will 100% be rolling over to 2023. I believe Tim (FordVideoGuy) said in his Aug 2 Tuesday night video that Ford won't be scheduling any additional MY22 Hybrid, Ecoboost XLT Lux, or Ecoboost Lariat Lux. This means, that if you have one of those trucks and are not scheduled, then you are SOL and will be moved to an MY23.

Dealer also told me what we already know, I won't get my truck until the very end of 2022 or more likely sometime in 2023. Will be over a year wait from when I originally put down my order. I hope my 09 Malibu will make it through another winter. Fingers crossed!

Hairski

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Rav 4
Ordered a Cactus Hybrid XLT w/ Lux early November, just got scheduled for September.

I was actually just reaching out to my dealer to cancel the roll over to a 23MY and place a Ranger order, so if anyone in the GTA is looking for that build reach out to Donway ford because there will be one incoming!

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Cactus Hybrid XLT w/ Lux early November, just got scheduled for September.

I was actually just reaching out to my dealer to cancel the roll over to a 23MY and place a Ranger order, so if anyone in the GTA is looking for that build reach out to Donway ford because there will be one incoming!
Thanks just reached out to Mike Awad. Who was your salesman and what was the MSRP?

Hairski

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Rav 4
Thanks just reached out to Mike Awad. Who was your salesman and what was the MSRP?
Mike was my sales rep.

Deal was at MSRP, not sure if they will mark it up given I won't be taking it.. but fingers crossed you get it at a good deal!

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, will see.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mike was my sales rep.

Deal was at MSRP, not sure if they will mark it up given I won't be taking it.. but fingers crossed you get it at a good deal!
Just you let you know I spoke to Mike mid afternoon, he confirmed that you were the person that was not taking the Mav and were ordering a Ranger. Lol, he said you were a really nice guy as if he though that would endear him to me, then proceeded to tell me it would not sell at MSRP but didn't specify an amount and said they were going to put it in the showroom for while and then sell it to the highest bidder.. I told him I thought that was illegal here in Ontario but he hinted they have ways around that... I guess it happens here to.. My thoughts are you should complete the deal and sell it back to him for a profit or privately.. I will not deal there for sure and will stick with my original MY23 plan.
Good luck with your Ranger. ETA on it?

Hairski

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Rav 4
Just you let you know I spoke to Mike mid afternoon, he confirmed that you were the person that was not taking the Mav and were ordering a Ranger. Lol, he said you were a really nice guy as if he though that would endear him to me, then proceeded to tell me it would not sell at MSRP but didn't specify an amount and said they were going to put it in the showroom for while and then sell it to the highest bidder.. I told him I thought that was illegal here in Ontario but he hinted they have ways around that... I guess it happens here to.. My thoughts are you should complete the deal and sell it back to him for a profit or privately.. I will not deal there for sure and will stick with my original MY23 plan.
Good luck with your Ranger. ETA on it?

Just in the midst of placing an order, but based on the Ranger forums I expect to wait about 6 months. After waiting since November for the Mav whats a few more anyway! More time to put money away for a down payment.

That sucks... I haven't had a negative experience so far, although the communication could have maybe been better. I never received an unprompted email over the last 10 months on if my order was scheduled or not. I was debating switching dealers but I was assuming that it might be a pain getting my deposit back.

I was able to test drive a Ranger at Downtown Ford and the sales guy seemed great from my short experience. Maybe give Marco a call there if you want to bring your business elsewhere.

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problem and thanks Carson, I have already put in a pre-order for a MY23 at Oak-Land Ford in Oakville as I know the GM there so am comfortable with that. Just the long waitttttttttt.... Was just hoping to short circuit that... Good luck with your Ranger..

Iceman27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorento
Ordered a Lariat Lux 2.0 EB FX4 tow package in velocity blue on Nov.1st.
Had the talk with my dealerships salesman today, a decent guy stuck between a rock and a hard place…
In a nut shell no 2022 truck. Period.
offered me several options; take my deposit and cancel the order or wait until it becomes clear on what would happen on a roll over.
I asked:
If he knew about my color being canceled, he had no idea.
What would happen to my pricing and finance, he had no idea.
If I commit to a 2023 order when would I get my truck, he had no idea but suggested I would be first (lol…).
And I asked when would we know, when can we start the 2023 process…
He wasn’t sure but figured mid August to early September…
So basically MY23 (for my constraints) would be sold out before my MY22 order is rolled over.
Wait another year for nothing…
I left the order intact until they can define a MY23 deal but I fully expect to cancel.
I’m unbelievably happy I didn’t buy a bunch of accessories for it while waiting, dodged a bullet on that.
To the Dealer, Ford R&D, Design and Marketing teams job well done - you got me to drop cash on your product.
To Ford Corporate and Manufacturing I couldn’t rate you low enough - your credibility is zero - anyone who starts this process with them at this point must be a masochist…
Now to start shopping for something actually available, and not a Ford.
good luck with your orders,
Cheers
Agree Ford corporate and manufacturing have dropped the ball brutality. I had an August order date with similar specs as you and got deposit back in June. I and my dealership have no clue on how they are deciding on which trucks to make

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct 2021 submitted XL hybrid order in Vancouver, no clear answers yet on what is happening with a 23 order process.
Sponsored