Molsholl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid for 2 reasons: 1.) cost savings at the pump. I drive about 50/50 interstate and in town, so it could be a wash , but; 2.) I believe by owning a hybrid I am supporting technology and practices that, while not perfect, are a step in the right direction when it comes to reducing my impact on the environment.
Ford Maverick Calculations to help your Hybrid vs. EcoBoost Maverick decision 1690121946929
Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did some quick calculations comparing the hybrid vs the EB vs my current ride (a 3.6L SUV). Using current gas prices (rounded to $2.00/L) and my average mileage for a year and figured I would save about $5500 in gas vs the EB and $10000 vs my SUV over 8 years. I assume the battery with be on the lower end of what I see EV batteries are going for and the cost may even go down as the tech advances.

I will be ahead with the Hybrid over the EB slightly but well ahead vs my 3.6L a win/ win in my books!

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Notice no one will post their lifetime mpg for some reason.
I run at about 42. The above it from February to 2 weeks ago I believe. I put 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeak at3ws on and occasionally will try to get great mpgs just for fun.
I just drove from ME to NH (59 mile) and back and got 52 and 48mpgs. Itā€™s all up to the speed, weather and terrain. I ran AC maybe 1/3 the time.
All in all Iā€™m happy. Sure wish that I had AWD though.

Ford Maverick Calculations to help your Hybrid vs. EcoBoost Maverick decision IMG_3440

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I run at about 42. The above it from February to 2 weeks ago I believe. I put 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeak at3ws on and occasionally will try to get great mpgs just for fun.
I just drove from ME to NH (59 mile) and back and got 52 and 48mpgs. Itā€™s all up to the speed, weather and terrain. I ran AC maybe 1/3 the time.
All in all Iā€™m happy. Sure wish that I had AWD though.

IMG_3440.png
I have the same feeling about moving away from AWD, but I have almost convinced myself it might be better as I have lived with FWD before and have never gotten myself stuck. Wet Coast Canada, so we get snow but its gone almost as fast as it comes. Also no transfer box to worry about down the road.

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought snow tires. Iā€™m hoping with that and the good clearance Iā€™ll be good to go. I drove a focus before that so Iā€™m not too worried..but AWD/4x4 would be great haha

Sponsored

JohnnyBravo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was curious why all the chatter about which model to buy (hybrid vs ecoboost). After going to ford site, I was blown away at the price hike! My Lariat is now almost $9,0000 higher! At this point, this is my first....and my last Ford Maverick. It was truck of the year and A LOT had to do with price point. The interior is still the cheap easily scratched plastics at the higher price. There are better quality vehicles for this new price range. Myself...I will most likely go back to the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I was already planning to get another Maverick, but not anymore. I was willing to put up with a small truck bed and less carrying capacity in favor of the price but Ford killed the Maverick for me....sad.

PS: No, I'm not getting rid of my truck right now.

Bob S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing to add in is the increasing number of states with a extra EV/hybrid tax. For example Indiana hybrid tax goes up to $72 next year, in 5 to 10 years it does add up.
It's mostly EVs getting hit with this but I would count on thing type of thing to become more common in the future.

MagnusBjorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought snow tires. Iā€™m hoping with that and the good clearance Iā€™ll be good to go. I drove a focus before that so Iā€™m not too worried..but AWD/4x4 would be great haha

I live in NH and have had several cars that were front-wheel drive and with good snow tires it's surprisingly good. I had a set of Michelin X=ice Xi3's on my wife's mini cooper and it was a tank in the snow. Even better than my 4wd F150 with Duratracs on it.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove both and preferred the quiet and more refined drivetrain of the hybrid which was the less expensive model when I ordered last September. Even though it's more expensive for 2024 the hybrid's 40 MPG's wouldn't take long to offset the higher cost.

My son has an F-150 EB and he recently incurred a major expense replacing some of the turbo's cooling system parts. That's one expense I won't have with the hybrid.
Sponsored