Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my new setup to tuck my aawireless dongle out of the way. Much cleaner look than just having it dangling there.

Edit: I tried posting the links to the cable, etc. but they're not showing up. Trying again:

Edit again: realized it's my browser's adblocker blocking the Amazon links

Ford Maverick Cable and right angle adapter for aawireless PXL_20220507_201653221

Ford Maverick Cable and right angle adapter for aawireless PXL_20220507_201611212
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question, why do we need to spend a hundred dollars on a new radio with blue tooth. I don’t understand. Please help

OP
OP
Bj517

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question, why do we need to spend a hundred dollars on a new radio with blue tooth. I don’t understand. Please help
Wut? Are you talking about the aawireless dongle? It's not a radio. And it uses wifi. And you don't need to buy it. It just allows you to use Android auto wirelessly instead of plugging in your phone every time

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't. This is one option to allow you to have Android Auto work wireless versus needing to be plugged in to your phone. It is 100% just a convenience thing. I don't have my truck yet, but I did buy an AA wireless unit since the convenience of not needing to plug and unplug is worth $100.

OP
OP
Bj517

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't. This is one option to allow you to have Android Auto work wireless versus needing to be plugged in to your phone. It is 100% just a convenience thing. I don't have my truck yet, but I did buy an AA wireless unit since the convenience of not needing to plug and unplug is worth $100.
You'll love it. Mostly works great in my maverick (can't speak to audio yet though, as I've just been listening to Sirius until my trial runs out). I do experience some touch delays on the AA home screen, but it's not that big of a deal because 99% of the time I just leave it on Google maps. Battery drain really isn't that bad at all either

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone on here took the trim piece off to plug it in behind. Nice clean look when all done. I might need to buy one for my truck.

OP
OP
Bj517

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone on here took the trim piece off to plug it in behind. Nice clean look when all done. I might need to buy one for my truck.
Oh yeah I think I saw that. But I thought you permanently lost the external usb-a port when you did that. Plus I like having easy access to the dongle in case you want to unplug it or it needs to be reset or something

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah I think I saw that. But I thought you permanently lost the external usb-a port when you did that. Plus I like having easy access to the dongle in case you want to unplug it or it needs to be reset or something
It would be semi permanent loss. Everything would just need to be hooked back up the way it was to regain access to the USB port. I would have to agree having quick access to reset the device would likely come in handy.

Sponsored

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Wheres the best place to buy the aa wireless? I've been holding out hopes for the Motorola, but not paying scalper prices. Also, link to the adapter?

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the right-angle adaptor for my XLT, agree it's much nicer.

For the upper USB-C slot, I bought a tiny Samsung 64GB USB 3.0 drive which I store my music files on. It sticks out less than 1-inch so it's hardly noticeable.

Ford Maverick Cable and right angle adapter for aawireless Samsun

OP
OP
Bj517

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be semi permanent loss. Everything would just need to be hooked back up the way it was to regain access to the USB port. I would have to agree having quick access to reset the device would likely come in handy.
Yeah I meant permanent from a day-to-day sense

OP
OP
Bj517

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wheres the best place to buy the aa wireless? I've been holding out hopes for the Motorola, but not paying scalper prices. Also, link to the adapter?
The inventors have an indiegogo. That's the only way to order it directly and it's a long wait.

I also had a Motorola but I think mine was defective because I could never get it to work

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The inventors have an indiegogo. That's the only way to order it directly and it's a long wait.
They're at least caught up enough to be mostly accurate with the delivery time frames now judging by the updates. So looks like about a month-ish wait.
Sponsored