Buying $6k ADM Hybrid Lariat, thoughts?

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
I found a stock XLT hybrid (pending fuel tank repair) that was literally my exact ordered build/color + the lux package at my local Ford dealership for MSRP, so it is possible to find deals even in big cities. That said, I realize how lucky I was, and I haven't found anything like that near me since.

I do think it'll be a lot easier to find an Ecoboost, so I would try searching using the Ford inventory site and see where calling around to those dealers gets you. You can also edit the URL while you're searching the inventory to increase the search radius to 300-500 miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
Several years from now, you will regret that purchase. Run like the wind.
Several years from now??? lmao that's optimistic of you, I'm thinking several weeks from now I'll regret it. I'm aware this is a bad deal, hence the post on the forum.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
I found a stock XLT hybrid (pending fuel tank repair) that was literally my exact ordered build/color + the lux package at my local Ford dealership for MSRP, so it is possible to find deals even in big cities. That said, I realize how lucky I was, and I haven't found anything like that near me since.

I do think it'll be a lot easier to find an Ecoboost, so I would try searching using the Ford inventory site and see where calling around to those dealers gets you. You can also edit the URL while you're searching the inventory to increase the search radius to 300-500 miles.
Yeah, I tried for a while and the burden of calling places at increasing far radius and working the entire deal again, getting them to the trade value its such a hassle. One (only?) plus side to this deal, is they're going to drive the Mav to my house, my wife will sign for the deal and they'll drive away in the trade.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
For the record I have a hybrid lauriat on order. Instead of paying essentially 7k markup, I would but a Ridgeline sport.
Looked at the ridgeline sport, although it's priced higher I dont see the "value" at that higher asking price.

Sponsored

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I didn't bring this up because some folks may not get to reduce their tax burden in their state based on trade value. In Maryland trade value goes against taxed value, which is reducing my tax on the purchase to about $1k. Plus almost any dealer will charge about $300 processing fee, so it's really $500 more than other dealers. But I get others opinion that this sucks, because it does. At the same time I'm telling myself that wanting my cake (getting new truck at/near/below MSRP) and getting an insanely high trade value is the definition of eating it too.

The real losers in this deal would be the poor person that needs my Subaru for $13k but cant buy it for that much because of what the dealer paid me for it.
I agree but the Subaru will only go to someone who needs and or wants it at whatever cost they can pay for it. The Lariat Hybrid will be a very rare vehicle for the next year or more.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
The whole point of a Maverick is that it's inexpensive and provides good value. Add six grand to the price and it's neither.

not-just-no-but-hell-to-the-no.jpg
I almost agree with you, but I challenge you to name a 4 door hybrid truck that gets 40+ mpg city and the creature comforts of a lariat for under $40k... go ahead, I'll wait :) add in that they're not taking anymore orders and who knows when my value will drop out from under me and I'm in a crappy decision situation.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
I agree but the Subaru will only go to someone who needs and or wants it at whatever cost they can pay for it. The Lariat Hybrid will be a very rare vehicle for the next year or more.
I get the feeling that if I pass on this, I'll struggle for the next couple of weeks to find one, give up and then wait for a year or so on an order, before I give up on that too and just pick up something else. Only thing left for me at this point is regret (from paying to much or from missing out on a cool little hybrid truck) lol might as well get the high from a new truck to go along with my regret :)

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
Thanks for everyone's input thus far! Basically solidifying this deal sucks ALOT, I really should walk away, and knowing it sucks does not make this any better lol

At the same time, my math isn't way off, I am sopping up some of this crappy ADM with the nature of the deal and it's really not the worst decision financially. It's definitely not going to make it into the great deal hall of fame but anyone that wants to prove me wrong that there is a better deal to be had please make it happen and then DM me where to sign :)

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah absolutely not. I could live with a 2k markup if I had no other choice but 6k? That’s a ripoff no matter how you slice it. Unless your Subaru isn’t going to make it to the end of the year find something else. If you can wait, keep digging around and hoping to score an MSRP deal or be one of the first orders for 2023 MY.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t know if I could go for 6K over MSRP, but given the news of no new orders the market might get even tighter for Mavericks.
So it gets tighter. So you have to wait a few months longer.

I don’t understand why anyone would pay over sticker for any vehicle ever.

Lots of rich people who just don’t care about money out there.

I wouldn’t pay one dollar over sticker, ever.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, a couple years from now ford will be putting rebates on these to move them.

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
Plus that $6k is gone like smoke in the wind as far as your insurance looks at it. Something happens to your Mav they are not gonna care the least over the ADM you paid.
Your 100% correct, but I'm already under MSRP with my positive equity on that trade. You think this market is nuts have you tried to buy a house recently? No appraisal, no inspection, $50-100k over asking/value.

I know the world you're talking about, and I miss it too but that's not life today. I know by buying this truck I'm part of the problem.
Sponsored