First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put my '23 order in. Didn't get the bed liner and bed tie down system. Was hoping to avoid the liner constraint. And didn't want the rails in place before I do an aftermarket bed liner.

I know there is a video for a DIY rail system which looks decent. Also a number of aftermarket systems. But the cleat handles of the OEM are pretty slick. Did some looking for them couldn't find them. Anyone see where to buy them, or something similar (as in the ease of moving the cleat around)?
Sponsored

gbdoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure about the rail system, but my dealer said most of the options I wanted (hitch and floor mats) could be ordered from the parts department at the dealer or online, and they recommended to do it just to limit constraints. You should be able to get that installed or at least ordered at the dealer after your bed liner.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure about the rail system, but my dealer said most of the options I wanted (hitch and floor mats) could be ordered from the parts department at the dealer or online, and they recommended to do it just to limit constraints. You should be able to get that installed or at least ordered at the dealer after your bed liner.
Good thought. I had thought similar. Didn't see on Ford's accessories page. I was hoping to avoid the dealer and order online since the install should be pretty easy.

Good news, there are many months until it comes in for me to figure it out...

gbdoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting it in the driveway will help! I couldn’t find a part number either and it looks like nobody else can online. Maybe call the parts department and see if they can find it on their end?

kpomeraning

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav on order, '17 Focus, '16 Focus, '09 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Order the hitch or you'll find you won't get the trailer wiring... A few forum members had that issue with their '22 models and it was apparently a big PITA.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Order the hitch or you'll find you won't get the trailer wiring... A few forum members had that issue with their '22 models and it was apparently a big PITA.
I'd get a factory hitch when possible. They always look better and the wiring is cleaner as mentioned. I got 4k so it's moot for me.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put my '23 order in. Didn't get the bed liner and bed tie down system. Was hoping to avoid the liner constraint. And didn't want the rails in place before I do an aftermarket bed liner.

I know there is a video for a DIY rail system which looks decent. Also a number of aftermarket systems. But the cleat handles of the OEM are pretty slick. Did some looking for them couldn't find them. Anyone see where to buy them, or something similar (as in the ease of moving the cleat around)?
RE: Bed Tie Down Rails with Cleats

Locate a wrecked Nissan Frontier at a Junk Yard, remove bed tie down rails with factory cleats, if needed, cut rail length to Maverick size, install in Maverick.

Other truck models may also fit ... I can only validate the Frontier.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RE: Bed Tie Down Rails with Cleats

Locate a wrecked Nissan Frontier at a Junk Yard, remove bed tie down rails with factory cleats, if needed, cut rail length to Maverick size, install in Maverick.

Other truck models may also fit ... I can only validate the Frontier.
Interesting. How hard are they to get off? Use any funky screws or pop rivets or anything crazy?

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. How hard are they to get off? Use any funky screws or pop rivets or anything crazy?
Easy. No special tools. Some Torx Screws. The cleats slide right off. Make sure you save all the washers. If wanted, you may spray coat the rails for either rust proofing and/or color matching.

On the new install, use plastic washers between the rails and the truck bed and use some vaseline or Lithium grease on the screws. This helps prevent corrosion and or reactions berween two potentially dissimilar metals.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on this thread:

Just an FYI from a current owner, order what you want from Ford having add-ons as part of the monroney sticker.

The retail price is higher on the Ford accessories.com website then if you ordered it through the ordering system. A few items are the same price, but MOST are higher on the accessories.com website. (Just stating my experience.)

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on this thread:

Just an FYI from a current owner, order what you want from Ford having add-ons as part of the monroney sticker.

The retail price is higher on the Ford accessories.com website then if you ordered it through the ordering system. A few items are the same price, but MOST are higher on the accessories.com website. (Just stating my experience.)
Concern with this is if there is a run on parts for an accessory they could hold the whole vehicle up over it. If I can easily get it done after receiving (see bed liner) or install myself (see rails, tonneau) I'd rather not risk putting the order on hold for $50

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Concern with this is if there is a run on parts for an accessory they could hold the whole vehicle up over it. If I can easily get it done after receiving (see bed liner) or install myself (see rails, tonneau) I'd rather not risk putting the order on hold for $50
Sounds reasonable.

Just wanted to mention it so there are no regrets later on. Some owners, and potential owners, have regrets not ordering or waiting for some options.

For me, time was not a concern. Did not matter how long I had to wait. I ordered the Lariat First Edition Rapid Red ..... it was considered LA (Late Arrival) because it was ordered fully loaded and Rapid Red Tricoat Metallic paint.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't know if these are the style cleats you are talking about. Check them out.

They go well with these screws....

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OEM rail system: NZ6Z-9955200-A Rail Assembly Pick Up Box $320.60

Got it from fairwayparts - used my FordPass points towards it.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OEM rail system: NZ6Z-9955200-A Rail Assembly Pick Up Box $320.60

Got it from fairwayparts - used my FordPass points towards it.
Came with cleats and rails? Pricey vs unistrut hack but it's clean
Sponsored