Sponsored

Built but not shipping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I called Ford CS today to try to figure out why my truck didn't head north like others going to the Richmond, CA railyard (RU/RA84). The woman looked into it deeper and first said it was "in production" (!!!), then, no, it had gone back into production to the body shop after being labeled as built. It supposedly just returned to shipping yesterday! I have no idea what that means, but it may have needed to go there for the stupid-scratch-the-paint mud flaps I no longer want. The CS person couldn't tell me anything as to why, just that it now has a ramp number (which seems to be some progress).

I don't mind waiting--well, that's a lie, I don't like waiting--but it would take some of the pain out of it if Ford would take a minute to program a computer to send a message to the person "your truck went back into production, so it won't be sent within the timeframe we originally told you" or something even like, "We estimated incorrectly about when your truck would ready to ship. We appreciate your patience." Something, just something to let me know what going on.
Wow, maybe something happened to all the trucks waiting for Richmond and had to be fixed. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe for us, but I believe Ragtime Billy said his was on its way to Richmond now.
Yes, built Nov 28. Sat at factory for 5 weeks, finally shipped Jan 4. I guess they squeezed me in between a couple of those creepy Bronco Sports on the last Train west.

Tice66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Eco boost XL has been sitting in a rail yard in Staples MN for about 3 weeks now. The dealership has told me it was due to a problem with Bronco II's. Why they can't get mine off the rails and to my dealer is a mystery to me. It's less than 3 hours from my dealership and still sitting. Hmmmmm

Sponsored

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was built on 12/12 with a ramp of RA84. Still wait to be shipped. Tried to activate the vehicle on the Ford Pass app but it said can't be activated at this time.
I have a 12/12 built date, Ramp RA36 and has been in transit, but no ship date to be delivered by my dealer 1/2--1/8, but dealer has not received it . I don't think it has crossed at Nogales yet on it way to Phoenix and final delivery to New Mexico.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was built and shipped the same day. Then 2 weeks to get to NJ. Another 2 weeks to get to the dealer 50 miles away. Track the railcar, I found that to be very interesting.

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick moved to shipped today on the tracker. About 4 weeks from built to shipped. Built on 12/12 with a ramp of RA84.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Email as shipped this morning. RA84. Built 12/19. Estimate del. Feb9-Feb15. Pretty long delivery but almost here.

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, now, THAT'S interesting! I just got an email from Ford about the delay in delivering my truck, saying, "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time." The interesting part is that it has not yet shipped and they estimate delivery--via RA84--between Jan 25 and Jan 31. Maybe my train car will pass yours, @Joeneonturbo, on the way to RA84. 😜

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, now, THAT'S interesting! I just got an email from Ford about the delay in delivering my truck, saying, "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time." The interesting part is that it has not yet shipped and they estimate delivery--via RA84--between Jan 25 and Jan 31. Maybe my train car will pass yours on the way to RA84. 😜
That's the email i got a couple days before it shipped,,, hope the same for you.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, now, THAT'S interesting! I just got an email from Ford about the delay in delivering my truck, saying, "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time." The interesting part is that it has not yet shipped and they estimate delivery--via RA84--between Jan 25 and Jan 31. Maybe my train car will pass yours on the way to RA84. 😜
Well my built email est delivery was jan4-10. That didn’t happen.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't gotten any emails from ford about my 23 order so I think mine if prob sitting next to yours in Mexico haha. Built on the 14th. It weird I got every email from ford on my 22 before the reorder. Ramp RU84.

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's the email i got a couple days before it shipped,,, hope the same for you.
You were right, Billy... the shipped message came in less than 12 hours after the "we adjusted your delivery date" message. I'm thinking the adjusted date message should have been sent weeks ago, although they may not have known when it would ship (they did know it was delayed).

Here's to a smooth delivery to RA/RU84 for us all (and elsewhere, too)!

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, @Ragtime Billy Peaches (or anyone else on RA/RU84), any updates on your delivery, at least to Richmond? Just wondering how long it took. I got my train car info, but when I call I don't get any useful info (just transferred at Nogales--that's it).
Sponsored