First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not sell until I had the car in my driveway. You know there will be teething problems with a brand new vehicle. I am planning on keeping my old Honda for a few months just to see what recalls Ford may have on the new hybrid driveline. That sure beats having to rent or beg for a loaner from the dealer.
I am going to use money from car sale to increase down payment.
Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How quickly do you think you can move the vehicle?
That's the real question. I did a KBB quote and got a call from three dealerships in the same day. That being said, I think they were on only offering $1000 or so. I'm going to try to get double that going private, but I don't really know. I don't buy or sell cars that often. 🤷‍♂️

FYI, it's a 2012 Ford focus SE. It's got 130,000 on it, but the biggest downside, maybe an in upside if you know anything about the dual clutch auto they offered, is that it's got a 5 speed. Not turbo, just a 3 pedal manual. That being said, I have know idea how much it'd fetch because it's actually kinda rare. I had to drive to Houston to get it because no dealership near me had one, they all tried to sell me the 93 octane guzzling ST manual. No thanks.

That being said, any advice is appreciated.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
That's the real question. I did a KBB quote and got a call from three dealerships in the same day. That being said, I think they were on only offering $1000 or so. I'm going to try to get double that going private, but I don't really know. I don't buy or sell cars that often. 🤷‍♂️

FYI, it's a 2012 Ford focus SE. It's got 130,000 on it, but the biggest downside, maybe an in upside if you know anything about the dual clutch auto they offered, is that it's got a 5 speed. Not turbo, just a 3 pedal manual. That being said, I have know idea how much it'd fetch because it's actually kinda rare. I had to drive to Houston to get it because no dealership near me had one, they all tried to sell me the 93 octane guzzling ST manual. No thanks.

Take anything I tell you to do about selling a car, and do the exact opposite.

I have literally never sold a running car to anyone. I drive them till they break and the repair costs more than the replacement value of the car, or I give them to someone in need. Regardless, other than a Cougar I have never gone less than 300k in a car, the cougar became #3 in a 14 car collision on 75/85 northbound through ATL one hot summer day.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take anything I tell you to do about selling a car, and do the exact opposite.

I have literally never sold a running car to anyone. I drive them till they break and the repair costs more than the replacement value of the car, or I give them to someone in need. Regardless, other than a Cougar I have never gone less than 300k in a car, the cougar became #3 in a 14 car collision on 75/85 northbound through ATL one hot summer day.
Well, I certainly hope my Maverick is delivered before my car dies! 🤣😳

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A dealer on another thread said Bronco Sports took 3 weeks from the same plant.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
A dealer on another thread said Bronco Sports took 3 weeks from the same plant.
Depends on location, but I am going to say trust him over me as again, my data was based on aircraft part movement, not car movement. Boing and Ford have different logistic procedures.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Depends on location, but I am going to say trust him over me as again, my data was based on aircraft part movement, not car movement. Boing and Ford have different logistic procedures.
I've discovered it takes exactly as long as it takes and not a minute sooner.

It's taken me a lifetime to figure that out as patience is not my finest trait.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

In this market? I think you'll get $2500 any day of the week. It is rare, anyone that wants a manual will find it desirable, and it'll go another 100k easily for them.

I would start at just under $3k and do go a penny under $2500. May take a week or two but it'll sell no problem.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In this market? I think you'll get $2500 any day of the week. It is rare, anyone that wants a manual will find it desirable, and it'll go another 100k easily for them.

I would start at just under $3k and do go a penny under $2500. May take a week or two but it'll sell no problem.
Thank you! I can relate to wanting the manual...I had to drive to Houston (4+ hours away) to get this one. No one in the metroplex had a non-turbo manual. Found this car online, called dealer, drove down from 3-7:30 pm. Traded in old car. Did paper work and drove back up that night. 🤣

To be young! 😁

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering how long the full production process takes. Since my dealer is inTexas, they should get it pretty quickly. But if they start the week of 9/20, does that mean I’m about a month from completion (barring any commodity fiascos)? Was hoping someone that has one further through the process has some feedback on how long it has taken their builds.

Carb Gray Lariat 2.0 AWD. Luxury pkg. Sliding back window.

Res and order:
8/4/21
VIN and production date email: 8/5/21
Production date:
9/20/21
My guess is your build date is typically week of ___. Maybe they list the exact day? It is an on-time production so components and assemblies are prepared for final production. Think about how many they can make a day, a week, a month. It will be prepared and then assembled in a day. They have to QC the finished vehicle. If they make hundreds a day, they have to process and ship hundreds a day.

Reactions: Mav

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Transit times vary 12 - 28 days based on location. This one showing Est 25 days to Alabama.

Ford Maverick Build week 9/20/21 how long to expect? 1632590391759
Sponsored