Build week 9/20/21 how long to expect?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Wondering how long the full production process takes. Since my dealer is inTexas, they should get it pretty quickly. But if they start the week of 9/20, does that mean I’m about a month from completion (barring any commodity fiascos)? Was hoping someone that has one further through the process has some feedback on how long it has taken their builds.

Carb Gray Lariat 2.0 AWD. Luxury pkg. Sliding back window.

Res and order:
8/4/21
VIN and production date email: 8/5/21
Production date:
9/20/21
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plan on 6weeks, when you get it sooner you will be happy. Plan on 3 when you get it in 6 you will be pissed. I am going with 6
Trouble is, I'm going to be selling a car at the same time....I know sometimes it's impossible to know exactly, but still....

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Trouble is, I'm going to be selling a car at the same time....I know sometimes it's impossible to know exactly, but still....
Your dealer, and possibly you, can see the production status change from built to shipping to delivered. So keep your vehicle till you see shipped and cross your fingers that it doesn’t get stuck at the border.

after delivered give your dealer 2 days or so to clean and prep it, remember they were delivered more than one.

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Same here. Since my dealer is in TX. I will have enough time during shipping from TX to FL to sell my car. Going to try to sell it private party if I have enough advance notice. Leave it listed private party until I pick up the Maverick

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Since my dealer is in TX. I will have enough time during shipping from TX to FL to sell my car. Going to try to sell it private party if I have enough advance notice. Leave it listed private party until I pick up the Maverick
I am basically in ATL and my CD is about 10 miles from the Terminus rail head. Though I am buying through PA, the truck will not go there on its way to delivery.

except it’s me, so I expect to see it wander from Washington state to New York before boarding the Amtrak to FL and being driven on a car carrier to ATL.

but again, that’s just because it is me.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your dealer, and possibly you, can see the production status change from built to shipping to delivered. So keep your vehicle till you see shipped and cross your fingers that it doesn’t get stuck at the border.

after delivered give your dealer 2 days or so to clean and prep it, remember they were delivered more than one.
This is some good advice, thank you. Something I hadn't considered... How long would the dealer expect to house the truck? For example, maybe it arrives when I'm out of town, would they hold it until I get back?

I might be out of town until my car is sold. 🤷‍♂️

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Granger told me to expect 3-4 weeks from production to arrival at their dealer, and some time for them to do final quality checks and prep it for delivery.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is some good advice, thank you. Something I hadn't considered... How long would the dealer expect to house the truck? For example, maybe it arrives when I'm out of town, would they hold it until I get back?

I might be out of town until my car is sold. 🤷‍♂️
That’s between you and the dealer. I would make arrangements and at least offer earnest money. Every day it sits on the lot, they may be charged for it. They may not, someone with Ford or previous experience may know.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granger told me to expect 3-4 weeks from production to arrival at their dealer, and some time for them to do final quality checks and prep it for delivery.
That sounds right, but I have seen things happen at import depots and entire shipments get stuck for 1-2 weeks. Again which is better? Longer expectation and it comes sooner or the other? Another way to think of it is 1200 miles per day from the plant to your railhead, 4 days at import, 800 miles per day from railhead to dealer, 2-3 days prep. This is based on airplane parts though, not cars.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1894

Wondering how long the full production process takes. Since my dealer is inTexas, they should get it pretty quickly. But if they start the week of 9/20, does that mean I’m about a month from completion (barring any commodity fiascos)? Was hoping someone that has one further through the process has some feedback on how long it has taken their builds.

Res and order:
8/4/21
Production date:
9/20/21

Res and order:
8/4/21
Production date:
9/20/21
Getting the same exact build just adding 1 option, touch link bed lighting for 200 bucks The power slider is already included with the lariat option
I was interested in the limited model in carbonized Gray however I prefer the lariat 18” wheels the eighteens on the limited edition are different and a black roof seems like a bad idea l don’t get the black mirror caps paint body color matched is a better look

Reactions: Mav

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting the same exact build just adding 1 option, touch link bed lighting for 200 bucks The power slider is already included with the lariat option
I was interested in the limited model in carbonized Gray however I prefer the lariat 18” wheels the eighteens on the limited edition are different and a black roof seems like a bad idea l don’t get the black mirror caps paint body color matched is a better look
Bed lighting is a DIO IIRC so add a day?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would not sell until I had the car in my driveway. You know there will be teething problems with a brand new vehicle. I am planning on keeping my old Honda for a few months just to see what recalls Ford may have on the new hybrid driveline. That sure beats having to rent or beg for a loaner from the dealer.