Sponsored

Bought a XL and I think I'm feeling bad about it.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys. There was some time I was after a Maverick but here in NJ there are no vehicles available and it seems there won't be for some time.

It happens I needed a (second) car out of the blue because my wife found another job which is further from home, which lead us to purchase another car.

So that was my clue to have my Maverick.

Drove one hour to PA to find a black XL Ecoboost FWD - which was everything they had - and I bought it. (eve though I had to pay an extra for it)

Now after driving and feeling it - I say I really enjoy driving the car it but I feel terrible bad about buying a trim-version so basic - kinda ashamed.

I look at that truck and think If I should try buying new wheels or something else to make it look nicer but I'm not sure about putting money on top of a XL.

What do you guys think?

75e4c9fa-6004-415f-8ee4-2f3849883c77.jpeg
I would just add the XLT Painted Aluminum Wheels, standard on XLT. Would look great on your truck!
Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys. There was some time I was after a Maverick but here in NJ there are no vehicles available and it seems there won't be for some time.

It happens I needed a (second) car out of the blue because my wife found another job which is further from home, which lead us to purchase another car.

Drove one hour to PA to find a black XL Ecoboost FWD - which was everything they had - and I bought it. (eve though I had to pay an extra for it)

Now after driving and feeling it - I say I really enjoy driving the car it but I feel terrible bad about buying a trim-version so basic - kinda ashamed.

I look at that truck and think If I should try buying new wheels or something else to make it look nicer but I'm not sure about putting money on top of a XL.

What do you guys think?

I would just add the XLT Painted Aluminum Wheels, standard on XLT. Would look great on your truck!

Mikew555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't like it sell it. Someone would love to have it. If you want a XLT or whatever there around.

iSteven180

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 2004 F-150 STX 4x4 2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get why you would feel that way.
I ordered a XL because I felt like I could customize the truck the way I would want to myself and I wouldn’t have pay a premium to have Ford do it.

Sponsored

iSteven180

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 2004 F-150 STX 4x4 2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get why you would feel that way.
I ordered a XL because I felt like I could customize the truck the way I would want to myself and I wouldn’t have pay a premium to have Ford do it.

Tonyd322

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What do you guys think?

Either paint the wheels black or get different wheels and more aggressive Tires and a 1 inch leveling kit.

chaznw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL BLUE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What do you guys think?

I have an early 2022 blue XL and I love it. Just installed cruise control per RedNeck Cuban instructions and it is working like a charm. I also installed a oil catch can. Both jobs were relatively easy if you follow the numerous YouTube instructions. i don’t feel ashamed especially when I see those expensive pickups on the road that those drivers are probabably making payments on for 6-7 years.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What do you guys think?

Great looking Truck. I'm not sure why you'd feel bad unless there were options you needed. I originally ordered an XL and upgraded to XLT because the cruise I needed had not been released at the point in time I had the ability to change anything on the order.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What do you guys think?

Great looking Truck. I'm not sure why you'd feel bad unless there were options you needed. I originally ordered an XL and upgraded to XLT because the cruise I needed had not been released at the point in time I had the ability to change anything on the order.

Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's nothing to be ashamed about for having an XL. Honestly it's the best value on the rig. I ordered XLT simply because of the cruise control. Had I (or my salesman) known that the '23 comes with it, that's what I would have gone with. I wish I would have found this forum before I ordered and spent some time looking it over. Salesman tried hard to get me to "upgrade" to a Lariat. Very few features that the Lariat has that I would even want. Acoustic windshield can probably be put in when I get my first cracked windshield replaced. Lots of gravel trucks around here so that'll be pretty quick I'm sure. Only other thing I'd like is the wireless charging pad. I'm hoping the wiring will be there to hook one up on the lower trims. Give it a couple years and there will be some wrecked ones in scrap yards to yoink parts off of.

Bottom line, I'm still wondering if I shouldn't have gone XL. You'll probably be happier with yours in the long run than those of us that paid more for basically the same rig.

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What do you guys think?

I had no choice but to order and XLT. I did not want to, but Ford will not install cruise control on an XL. I really need it. I don't care about the trim because I am a cheap b@st@rd. It's why I have never in 66 years bought a new car. Now, 14 months after ordering my 2022 XLT I STILL have never owned a new vehicle. Quality may be job one, but I think "Timely Delivery is way, way down on the list.

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it were mine, I would update the wheels. Put the steelies in plastic bags and shelve them, and in 8 years when you sell the Mav you can include them in the deal.
I think the steelies look kind of "cute" when painted, but really, the XLT wheels are (IMHO) soooooo much nicer and better looking. By comparison, the steelies look like four temporary spares!

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love my XL. Since I'm coming from a 15 year old car, I feel it is pretty well equipped. Even the steel wheels are growing on me because they are so easy to clean. No more using a special brush to clean in between each spoke

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Powder coat steelies black, cruise control, bedliner. You’re good to go.
Sponsored